Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Mastery Rank 9 Test gave me some ideas.


Recommended Posts

With such a difficult mastery test for those inexperienced in the way of being a ninja. I ended up doing a couple runs of it tonight to see if it was as hard as I remembered, honestly, it's not difficult more just teaching you patience and stealth at the same time.

IMPORTANT: By the way if you aren't aware you can go to ANY relay, fast travel to Cephalon Simaris, turn 90 degrees to your right and see a pathway to all the mastery tests where you can practice and infinite amount of times with no limits before you attempt your mastery test for real.

Anyway back on point, I invite everyone to go through some of the test you found difficult at the time and try and do that test in a less conventional way. For Example: Tonight I did (and passed) the MR 9 test with:
- The Redeemer and only used the heavy shooting attack.
- Also I used the Hate and did Heavy slam attacks only.

In a game like Warframe little personal fun challenges like this is what makes the game entertaining so I invite others to do other tests with similar self inflicted conditions.

I'm even offering help with the MR 9 test for those that need the help: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1160935-mastery-rank-9-test-gave-me-some-ideas/?do=findComment&comment=11308243

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad idea. Although I always found it funnier to completely break the tests and find things that make them unfailable (not that it's hard to do, I'll admit).

 

Saw the thread that gave you the inspiration for this, some people will find any way to get angry 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember struggling with that test myself, until I found out Glaives were a thing. no idea what they're supposed to do now (and yes, I read the post: Redeemer is not an easy weapon for a newbie to craft and there are still many veterans to this day who don't own a Hate.

@Joe_Barbarian what's the most "newbie" loadout you did it with?, anything that's easy enough to craft with basic resources and has a low MR requirement will do, just curious if you can provide better examples to what Newer players are more likely to own.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I remember struggling with that test myself, until I found out Glaives were a thing. no idea what they're supposed to do now (and yes, I read the post: Redeemer is not an easy weapon for a newbie to craft and there are still many veterans to this day who don't own a Hate.

@Joe_Barbarian what's the most "newbie" loadout you did it with?, anything that's easy enough to craft with basic resources and has a low MR requirement will do, just curious if you can provide better examples to what Newer players are more likely to own.

Banshee + Redeemer and snipe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe_Barbarian said:

Banshee + Redeemer and snipe.

yeah but again, Redeemr isn't really something Newbies are gonna have, I'm talking about doing it with stuff like vanilla Rhino, heat sword, Karak.. the stuff you see that screams "newb". can you/have you done the test with that kind of gear to see how challenging it is? because that's closer to what newer players would be using.

or alternatively, hit randomize until you get a loadout that doesn't have something super-powerful in it, then run the test.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Look, if anyone is having a problem with the MR 9 Test speak up and message me, I will spend a little bit of time with each person that is struggling. 
All you will need:
- unranked, not potato, unmodded Redeemer
- ANY Warframe. (although Banshee makes it a tiny bit easier)

I will invite you to a discord where myself and others play warframe, I will talk you through the test, I will show you how it's done and then we'll watch you practice the method in a relay. After a few successful attempts we'll go through the actual test together. 

DISCLAIMER: If you come at me with bad attitude, entitled attitude, general b/s behaviour that Is undeserving of 1 to 1 help then I'll tell you to go play fortnite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

yeah but again, Redeemr isn't really something Newbies are gonna have, I'm talking about doing it with stuff like vanilla Rhino, heat sword, Karak.. the stuff you see that screams "newb". can you/have you done the test with that kind of gear to see how challenging it is? because that's closer to what newer players would be using.

or alternatively, hit randomize until you get a loadout that doesn't have something super-powerful in it, then run the test.

Redeemer is a MR 4 weapon that can be bought off the market for like 20k credits and take 12 hours to build...

Edit: correction - Takes 12 hours but requires Dual Skana and Vasto to build which takes 12 hours each but can be built concurrently so takes a minimum of 24 hours. Which all blueprints can be bought from the market.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Redeemer isn't the end-all, be-all for doing that mission: you're ignoring the damage drop off of the Redeemer, which means you can shoot, and hit, the enemy, but the enemies also no longer have 1 HP like apparently they used to have in Stealth tests. Which means that you can shoot them, not kill them, because you are beyond the distance at which a bullet is lethal, but they can still immediately spot you, because they have an excellent vision plan, apparently.  I've tried for the last week with the Redeemer, along with a host of other weapons I farmed for it. The several weeks of which killed any interest I have in the game, which led to uninstalling.  And the only other game I've done that with is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. I play games to relax and have fun in my time off, not get aggravated and pissed off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mr-Pyre said:

Redeemer isn't the end-all, be-all for doing that mission: you're ignoring the damage drop off of the Redeemer, which means you can shoot, and hit, the enemy, but the enemies also no longer have 1 HP like apparently they used to have in Stealth tests. Which means that you can shoot them, not kill them, because you are beyond the distance at which a bullet is lethal, but they can still immediately spot you, because they have an excellent vision plan, apparently.  I've tried for the last week with the Redeemer, along with a host of other weapons I farmed for it. The several weeks of which killed any interest I have in the game, which led to uninstalling.  And the only other game I've done that with is Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition. I play games to relax and have fun in my time off, not get aggravated and pissed off.

I literally did the test little over an hour ago with an unranked redeemer and unmodded Banshee prime (also a Saryn/Volt), Banshee makes it a little easier) . Their health is around 175 at level 1 which the enemies are in this test.

If you want, install the game right now and we'll go through the test together and get it done for you.

Edited by Joe_Barbarian
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't doubt you did so.  However, having spent several weeks working on the test, building weapons I don't enjoy (Glaives are bull and unfun, Redeemer is janky af, for those who like it, cool, I don't like the janky nature of aiming with it while in the middle of melee combat), building a specific frame for it (Banshee), and doing only one thing that genuinely was fun on the road to trying (and failing) at this test multiple times (The Sacrifice quest for the Skiajati) I'm pretty much done. If I'm not having fun, which I wasn't for a good stretch of that, I'm good with finding other things, in other games, that I do find fun.

It also doesn't help that the test is literal bull for no reason but for DE to 'show off' their stealth mechanic. It serves literally no purpose.  If I'm doing a stealth mission, I'm using a stealth frame with stealth abilities, or using a silent ranged weapon for the quest- or both. I'm not running with a sword and no abilities.  The fact that they broke the test with their detection changes, along with their changing the HP on the mobs, is just diarrhea icing on top of the turd cupcake.  I also hit a point with certain stuff, where my aggravation becomes immediate and compromises my ability to do a given task. So, while I appreciate the offer, there's literally no way at this point I can until I either care, or am calmed down enough to give it a good faith shot.  For people who enjoy stuff like that, more power to you-- the game was fun, and probably the only other criticism I would have is that they have such a long wait before the interesting plot stuff occurs, so in terms of a narrative hook, it's weak, especially with how powerful and well done quests like The Sacrifice and Harrow were. Oh well, I enjoyed what I encountered, hit a point that is for me a deal breaker, and so long, thanks for all the fish.

Edited by Mr-Pyre
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-10 at 7:51 PM, Joe_Barbarian said:

Look, if anyone is having a problem with the MR 9 Test speak up and message me, I will spend a little bit of time with each person that is struggling. 
All you will need:
- unranked, not potato, unmodded Redeemer
- ANY Warframe. (although Banshee makes it a tiny bit easier)

I will invite you to a discord where myself and others play warframe, I will talk you through the test, I will show you how it's done and then we'll watch you practice the method in a relay. After a few successful attempts we'll go through the actual test together. 

DISCLAIMER: If you come at me with bad attitude, entitled attitude, general b/s behaviour that Is undeserving of 1 to 1 help then I'll tell you to go play fortnite.

I have done the stupid mastery level 9 test about 15 times and can't even kill two people in the final stage. There is basically no cover and the enemies (contrary to what the wiki says) can in fact look up and see long distances. I just sold my glaive because I maxed it out and don't like it very much; didn't realize that I would need it. I would love some actual help, not just some of the "shoot them" BS that isn't even possible to do during the test. i don't have that special weapon and I am not going to go through the time necessary to get that special weapon for this test. Just what order should I take to kill the last area. I am sorry for my rant, but this is ridiculous.

Edit: Followed a mix of your advice and other people's and got it done. That sucked.

Edited by _Tormex_
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...