Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinion: Empyrean should not be Mastery Ranked locked.

(PSN)Silverback73

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

In fact, I would tie it into the New Player Experience, remove quest limitations and expand Empyrean with “beginner” levels.

You still offer the experience in a controlled way.

No it bloody well shouldn't.

Here is why, railjack requires you to have experience with a warframe and it's mechanics to be able to deal with repairs / shooting / interaction / mission objectives. I can deal with the average pubbie not knowing what to do and spending a couple minutes to explain it but if I have to sit down and baby someone through mechanics and explains extremely simple mechanics they have yet to grasp then this game can go to hell. I get it many people want to help brand shiny new pubbies because it gives a warm fuzzy feeling, but people have to have some active brain cells to be able to think for themselves for me to be helpful.

yGgxKLI.jpg

Out of my experience most new players I come across wouldn't even be able to complete this child's toy. DO NOT expose rail jack to that. 

• Like 11

around Christmas i had a guy who was MR0 in my squad, i believe his name was UNRANKED and he had more weapons than some of my MR20 friends so just be like him 🙂

as far as i am aware the only MR requirement is for the archwing quest, and it hasn't always had an MR requirement. So what you are really asking for is removal of mastery requirement for archwing.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

In fact, I would tie it into the New Player Experience, remove quest limitations and expand Empyrean with “beginner” levels.

you want NEWBIES running around on our ships? have you lost your mind!? also, there are beginner railjack levels: the first 3 or 4 nodes on Earth proxima: your starting guns work fine on them.

look, nice as it is to gain new players and try to make them feel welcome, not everything needs to be super-friendly. you've got to also have something for them to work towards, a level they can aspire to and upon achieving it say "now I'm definitely further in than I was before.". then there's also the risk of overwhelming the newer player with yet another gamemode with it's own systems, bearing in mind the tutorials are minimal at best and in many cases non-existent, and you want to pile on even more stuff? you'd likely end up driving them away, many newbies leave when they see the grind, railjack just adds to that.

of course, once those players have mastered the fundamentals of the base game, then by all means, move on to railjack, but don't try to pilot a spaceship before you can walk.

I would very much disagree. Empyrean is in large part built off of the already dense base combat system, plus Archwing AND its own progression system. Warframe has a terrible habit of front loading learning whilst being extremely obtuse already - adding on two entirely different gameplay styles on top of that and you have a nearly impenetrable brick wall of information you have to learn to process to even begin playing the game.

Learning should be done gradually. New Players should be started off relatively gently, with relatively few elements. Honestly, the reason an explicitly new-player experience is so important is because mid-players have experience they can build on. It's easy to jump from tileset to Archwing, because Archwing in almost every respect works identically to normal play except for its movement. Tweak some learned habits and you're good to go. But without those habits and strategies to build from, it'd be very difficult to learn, because instead of building on a foundation of existing knowledge, you're building two knowledge foundations.

Locking new players out of atractive features is a terrible idea, you say your friend that you can go fishing, minning, open world shooter and stuff, then you hit a #*!%ing MR wall, its just wrong, they need to get their ideas streamlined, its harsh to lock a newbie out of a spaceship because of a metasystemic parameter, what if he wants to get rekt by lvl 80 grineers, its his problem, if anything he would gain actual experience instead of simulated experience (MR)

Edited by rockscl

29 minutes ago, mrhapps said:

around Christmas i had a guy who was MR0 in my squad, i believe his name was UNRANKED and he had more weapons than some of my MR20 friends so just be like him 🙂

as far as i am aware the only MR requirement is for the archwing quest, and it hasn't always had an MR requirement. So what you are really asking for is removal of mastery requirement for archwing.

Yooo that was on my ship! I remember that! You were there too!

2 minutes ago, rockscl said:

, what if he wants to get rekt by lvl 80 grineers, its his problem

He should only be able to join via invite if not in the proper MR or requirements, not random pubs.

Its called a taxi. We've been doing it since the old solar system.

3 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Yooo that was on my ship! I remember that! You were there too!

lul ye, he told me after he was able to get the quest before the MR requirement was on it, and that to get all those weapons he had he bought bundles with plat because if u do it like that the MR requirement doesn't matter on weapons.

23 minutes ago, rockscl said:

Locking new players out of atractive features is a terrible idea, you say your friend that you can go fishing, minning, open world shooter and stuff, then you hit a #*!%ing MR wall, its just wrong, they need to get their ideas streamlined, its harsh to lock a newbie out of a spaceship because of a metasystemic parameter, what if he wants to get rekt by lvl 80 grineers, its his problem, if anything he would gain actual experience instead of simulated experience (MR)

It takes a brand new account a non-trivial but not a terribly long time to complete The Second Dream, own an archwing and familiar with basics of this game before they can get on random railjack groups.  If you want to invite your newbie friend to your railjack and get rekt by lv80 grineers, then it's your problem.  Those of us who play with randoms and expect a basic level of common sense, don't want this problem.

New player experiences people mentioned above.

And can you please explain how new players can even get quick 6 million credits and a sh*t ton of rare resources to even build a railjack ? To Veterans this can be easy (or not, it depends) but to newbies it is a hellish work.

Empyrean being open to newbies will just cause them pretty much confusion and we Veterans may have to sacrifice our time to babysit them...

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You still offer the experience in a controlled way.

Uh, what? Considering it's so closely tied to the Sentients and the New War, that's not going to happen. They would have to completely rework how we acquire the Railjack to make that work. Also, considering how it's a coop mode, I don't think it'll work. What we need is a new personal ship that we fly and fight in.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So give a calculus equation to someone that has yet to acquire basic arithmetic skills? 

I would not suggest it, 

If however, you are suggesting a tutorial of sorts for railjack that I could support. 

This. The problem with MR and Railjack is that it’s all or nothing.  Except it’s not.  Taxis should not be aloud in the current system.

The flip side that people aren’t seeing is that lower MR players are rushing to get there without enjoying the journey.

People act like the game mode is rocket science.  Ha!

It’s definitely grind-science 101.  It’s not as popular a class as it should be.

We even see Cruise ships in the new player cinematic trailer.

You can give new players a taste of Railjack with the very weak base-build and still prevent them from going into higher level content.

• Like 1

can we stop with the new player access thing? let people play the tutorial first at least before you give them their own ship

this is why kids these days are so fragile, they want everything on a silver platter and the worst part is that parents are ok with it

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mrhapps said:

I know exactly who you are talking about... Confused the hell out of me because he was Lich hunting.

D749C82137C5EEE99ABD39CB675BB0ADB1A208D2

Edited by SilvaDreams