Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Grineer Bosses Speak GRINEER Please? Option For This Maybe?

Issxi

I loved the Grineer back when Vor soke their languge. Considering they all view English as a dead language it seems really lore-breaking that the higher Grineer officials speak it fluently. Can we have a toggle option to have all Grineer speak their language instead of English? We have subtitles after all.

It also doesn't make sens that the Grineer during space combat speak English as well. Why do they yell for backup and stuff in English? They don't like that language according to the lore and it makes absolutely no sense that they would communicate with each other in English.

Before anyone says something about having Corpus speak their language too, I always thought the Corpus helmets scrambled their voices so that anyone spying on them or listening in couldn't hear their shady dealings or plans. Hence why I'm not asking for Corpus to speak, well Corpus.

Woah I got sidetracked.

TL;DR: A tooggled option to have all English speaking Grineer speak their own language instead for lore and immersive purposes.u

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xylyssa said:

I loved the Grineer back when Vor soke their languge. Considering they all view English as a dead language it seems really lore-breaking that the higher Grineer officials speak it fluently. Can we have a toggle option to have all Grineer speak their language instead of English? We have subtitles after all.

It also doesn't make sens that the Grineer during space combat speak English as well. Why do they yell for backup and stuff in English? They don't like that language according to the lore and it makes absolutely no sense that they would communicate with each other in English.

Before anyone says something about having Corpus speak their language too, I always thought the Corpus helmets scrambled their voices so that anyone spying on them or listening in couldn't hear their shady dealings or plans. Hence why I'm not asking for Corpus to speak, well Corpus.

Woah I got sidetracked.

Wile i do find Grineer's dialect fascinating, i dont think it would be very interesting having higher ranks of the Grineer empire being limited to their dialect. I believe Higher Ranks of the Grineer are Taught/programmed to learn multiple languages as they also have to interact with other factions/races of the Origin system to be able to perform negotiations or give orders.

This isn't a bad idea at all! Let's spread it from grineer to all NPCs even! I do love and appreciate the few that we have speaking in their own "language" (some can't even be called a language due to their robotic or infested nature) but then getting a translation below. It feels natural and similar to what one would expect happening in the maybe not so distant future - instead of learning a language, we simply have software that translates everything and gives live feedback.
However... the community has shown in multiple occasions to be majorly against any sort of subtitles, text, information that requires reading in general. While it would make sense for those that appreciate the lore, it will likely not get the majority vote.

I love the Grineer language. ..and more over, that different factions have a written and/or spoken language. I'd fully support this update.

Side thoughts.. if it were to launch along side some appropriate quest line, I have something in mind.
There was a post last month about a dream someone had, involving being captive in a massive Grineer base.
To sum it up, we try to earn their favor by offering to assist in mending the wounded..
What we'd come to learn is that, the way Grineer accept their mortality head on is a crucial part of their culture.
In other words.. in order to communicate with the Grineer on a fundamental level, we'd need to think like Grineer.
It was a really fascinating post, and ties into another idea I've had in the back of my mind.. involving Grineer language.
Super bizarre weapon idea.. 2 Grineer shields. Combos are in Semaphore, spelling grineer words to activate buffs/debuffs.

I have a half baked concept I started a while back, but never finished. If anyone's interested, I'll post a link to the thread I mentioned,
and a picture to give a rough idea of what I mean with the Semaphore weapon concept: "Guig."

Thread:

Spoiler

Guig dual shield early draft:

Spoiler

Guig-draft2.png

Edited by kapn655321

Am 11.1.2020 um 05:44 schrieb Xylyssa:

I loved the Grineer back when Vor soke their languge. Considering they all view English as a dead language it seems really lore-breaking that the higher Grineer officials speak it fluently.

Uh, this depends on the intelligence of the Grineer.

The goon we kill have an IQ over room temperature, just enough to pull a trigger (Push here, hurt comes out the other end), Sargas Ruk can talk it like so-so, Vor and the Queens best.