Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Weapons Don't Have Stance Capacity

Grey_Star_Rival_Defender

7 minutes ago, CxLL said:

This is intended. The current substance of exalted weapon "stances" can even be dismissed as an interface cosmetic. They are an indicator of leveling progression rather than a mod.

So can we make it so that they have a base 70 capacity then? Or something? Because honestly I'm really sick of thinking "Chromatic Blade is cool but it's a shame I can't fit on that last Primed mod without being unable to utilize another build for Exalted Blade."

5 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

So can we make it so that they have a base 70 capacity then? Or something? Because honestly I'm really sick of thinking "Chromatic Blade is cool but it's a shame I can't fit on that last Primed mod without being unable to utilize another build for Exalted Blade."

chromatic blade goes on excal himself not his blade

6 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

I'm going to assume you didn't understand what I wrote.unknown.png

A Chromatic Blade build, for the Exalted Umbra Blade. I couldn't even fit Primed Fever Strike if I wanted to onto this build.

then remove north wind and put a better mod in place or just change the polarity

a fire exalted weapon modded with corrosive fits him better btw

Edited by (NSW)Katsuro
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

then remove north wind and put a better mod in place or just change the polarity like life strike

a fire exalted weapon modded with corrosive fits him better btw

1. I'm not removing the third 90% elemental, in this case North Wind in the screenshot, because doing so would drastically decrease Chromatic Blade's power with Condition Overload, the primary reason to use the mod. A second status on an enemy increases the already high damage of Exalted Blade even further.

2. I'm not changing the polarity on that slot, it's one of the two free Umbra Polarities and why in my right mind would I remove that?

3. I'm not using Life Strike when I have a Kavat that restores half my health in a single crit.

4. I change out the elements depending on enemies. I use Corrosive-Fire against Infested, Corrupted. Radiation-Cold against Grineer and bosses with alloy armor, etc.

Edited by Grey_Star_Rival_Defender
  • Like 1

Exalted Melee gets away with having less Mod Points by that some of the more expensive Mods aren't even compatible with them anyways, ergo reducing the possible Mod Point expenditure.

mismatching a Polarity is perhaps a little bit contrived, is it not? you're using extra points than you would otherwise and that's why you can't fit Primed Fever Strike. i am not saying that you should or should not change that Polarity, but making a pretty reasonable observation.
however, due to how much higher Primed Fever Strike is compared to a normal Elemental of either full or Status type, dropping one of the Elementals a single Rank would let it fit, and that would still be a pretty big Damage delta.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Exalted Melee gets away with having less Mod Points by that some of the more expensive Mods aren't even compatible with them anyways, ergo reducing the possible Mod Point expenditure.

mismatching a Polarity is perhaps a little bit contrived, is it not? you're using extra points than you would otherwise and that's why you can't fit Primed Fever Strike. i am not saying that you should or should not change that Polarity, but making a pretty reasonable observation.
however, due to how much higher Primed Fever Strike is compared to a normal Elemental of either full or Status type, dropping one of the Elementals a single Rank would let it fit, and that would still be a pretty big Damage delta.

I can either put a 90% elemental in an unpolarized spot (because of course North Wind had to have something other than a Naramon polarity) which will make it cost 11 capacity, with Organ Shatter in the wrong polarized spot making it cost 11 capacity, which results in a total cost in 22 capacity. Or the current set up, where North Wind is in a wrongly polarized spot and costs 14 capacity and Organ Shatter is in a rightly polarized spot costing 5 capacity, for a total of 19 capacity. Considering I have one single unit of capacity left.

And that's why I mismatched the polarity.

5 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

2. I'm not changing the polarity on that slot, it's one of the two free Umbra Polarities and why in my right mind would I remove that?

Because it's actually working AGAINST you and costing extra capacity?  Free polarities are great, IF YOU CAN USE IT for your build.   If you have no use for that polarity then it's actually a negative to be fixed.  You'd have been better off flipping that polarity earlier and leaving one of the slots unpolarized if this is the mod loadout you want.

As for getting bonus capacity for stances, I guess the thinking is that bonus power comes from building Strength on the warframe instead.  I don't have strong feelings on the matter one way or another.  If they wanted to, as a middle ground could always just add a few points for polarized stances rather than double like a normal weapon.

Edited by Krenlik
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

I'm going to assume you didn't understand what I wrote.unknown.png

A Chromatic Blade build, for the Exalted Umbra Blade. I couldn't even fit Primed Fever Strike if I wanted to onto this build.

Well there’s your problem. Your build it terrible. CO is no longer a viable choice for melee weapons. You have far too many of the 90% damage mods when you should be focusing on the dual stat mods more, and rad cold is a terrible choice. Go corrosive heat, or gas I’ve heard good things about gas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well there’s your problem. Your build it terrible. CO is no longer a viable choice for melee weapons. You have far too many of the 90% damage mods when you should be focusing on the dual stat mods more, and rad cold is a terrible choice. Go corrosive heat, or gas I’ve heard good things about gas.

CO with two status effects out damages Primed Pressure Point, how is it no longer viable? Why should I be using dual stats when no only is Exalted Blade’s innate status pretty bad, but I have 100% status already? As I already stated I use different elements at different times. I was just using Rad Cold for Grineer for yesterday’s Sortie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

CO with two status effects out damages Primed Pressure Point, how is it no longer viable? Why should I be using dual stats when no only is Exalted Blade’s innate status pretty bad, but I have 100% status already? As I already stated I use different elements at different times. I was just using Rad Cold for Grineer for yesterday’s Sortie.

Don't worry about him, that's his opinion

1 hour ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

You get more crit chance by using sacrificial pressure with Sac Steel. And unless you removed one of those Umbral polarities you’ll also have more mod capacity. Chromatic Blade adds additional status chance. And using dual stats means you don’t have to put a crap ton of strength to get the status chance up to 100%. Corr Heat is better, just saying.

Yeah, there's three things going on here.

1, Exalted melee weapons get 10 points less to work with, so they require lots of forma like rifles do. It's a butt.

2, Umbral polarities are a butt too, because a couple of months ago having two was good and now Sacrificial Steel is great but Sacrificial Pressure is not so great, and removing them is more permanent than the risk of their changing value and arrrrrgh.

3, There are definitely more straightforward builds for Chromatic Blade. Build for corrosive and change the innate elemental damage with your energy color to heat or cold to give CO something to work with, or just change it to electric or toxin and use Primed or Sacrificial Pressure (Point). The armor strip of a pure corrosive Chromatic Blade wildly outstrips what CO can do, because CO wants many statuses to work with, while Chromatic Blade's big perk is that you can make it a single guaranteed status that's dealt not only by the sword but also in the waves of unlimited-punchthrough energy you're flooding the crowd with.

Edited by CopperBezel

Argh, this isn't a thread about CO nerfs. For his build it makes no difference whether it's normally viable or not. It's one point more than PPP and the same polarity, so it's immaterial as concerns actually fitting a build. And in this case, it's almost certainly a bad idea, because while Chromatic Blade's 100% status should be a boon to it, the smaller pool of status types is a detriment to CO. The only thing IPS is good for is CO, and CB has no IPS.

And then, yeah, depending on the enemy, CO will take as long to get two statuses inflicted as PPP might have taken to kill the guy, which means CO is only good for heavies you expect to be hacking on a while. And, you know, ideally more than two status types if you want to do better than break even.

Meanwhile a corrosive build for CB is all like inflicting fifty instances of corrosive and giving CO nothing to work with while nonetheless removing all armor....

Edited by CopperBezel

9 minutes ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

It's just that you go around post saying that something is bad when other people might like that certain thing

Just because you like something doesn’t make it good. Vauban mains came to terms with this. It’s important to understand just how strong something is. Because blindly calling something the best without giving criticism doesn’t benefit anyone.

1 minute ago, CopperBezel said:

Argh, this isn't a thread about CO nerfs.

It is tho. Because Exalted Blade used to get a massive benefit from it. Now that Co is nerfed it’s no longer worth using on the build and it’s just wasting 15 capacity on this guys build that could be put towards something more impactful. Like that primed fever strike he can’t fit on.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just because you like something doesn’t make it good. Vauban mains came to terms with this. It’s important to understand just how strong something is. Because blindly calling something the best without giving criticism doesn’t benefit anyone.

And calling something the worst without giving out reasons doesn't benefit

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It is tho. Because Exalted Blade used to get a massive benefit from it. Now that Co is nerfed it’s no longer worth using on the build and it’s just wasting 15 capacity on this guys build that could be put towards something more impactful. Like that primed fever strike he can’t fit on.

Okay, true, but Chromatic Blade is a worse application of CO than others. Maybe if you did corrosive + blast, since blast is the one status effect that counts as two thanks to the stagger, and CB lands so much more status than damage that you might get to that sweet +360% damage pretty fast. How that could possibly be better than replacing the blast with fire to halve their armor again, or just more corrosive, I have no earthly idea. I guess unarmored enemies that you'd normally one-shot before any statuses landed anyway.

Anyway, I just checked, and the Sacrificial set bonus on Sacrificial Steel would mean 1.114x DPS, while PPP would offer 1.116x over Sacrificial Pressure, which is to say, PPP is technically more consistent and technically more damage in this situation than using the full Sacrificial set, although the difference would be impossible to sense in play.

1 minute ago, (XB1)WolfKingLeo said:

And calling something the worst without giving out reasons doesn't benefit

I’ve called CO and unreliable pressure point because that’s exactly what it is. Unreliable. Can it technically outperform a weapon using pressure point? Yes. But you’re leaving that up to the RNG of Status proccing and it not proccing a Status Effect that’s already on the enemy. And that’s just so the weapons dealing more than base damage. You can technically bring a multi Status gun to bypass that problem. But at that point it’s pretty sad that your melee weapon would need a completely different weapon to make it actually work.

I’ve also tested Gram Prime builds with crit and dual stats vs CO focused build against 8 level 100 corrupted heavy gunners

crit build: took 140-150 hits to kill.

CO build: took 160-170 hits to kill.

Yeah sorry CO builds aren’t the best option.