Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara farming meta after intrinsics farm nerf...

Ningen2343

the recent intrinsics farming nerf (intrinsics are not kept after aborting the mission) has birthed an extremely toxic mob of ivaras with the mentality of "yea let me join this mission with that idiotic innocent player (me) and prowl, camp in the back of the railjack for ramsleds, then proceed to do that solo intrinsics farm except that idiot piloting the ship will complete the mission for me :3", this is the most toxic behavior i have seen out of this community in a very long time, you either give the railjack host an option to kick these players OR make a specific mission for intrinsics farming where players would have the motivation to actually finish it, but for the love of the lord DO NOT NERF IVARAhttps://prnt.sc/qm7i1y

Edited by Ningen2343
Added the URL for the picture
  • Like 1

preferably, the Community could actually learn something about the game for once and realize that having an XP Booster and/or a loot cheating Cat exists and that getting Skill Points is not difficult whatsoever without doing any Stealth Finishers at all.

but, who am i kidding.

Just now, taiiat said:

preferably, the Community could actually learn something about the game for once and realize that having an XP Booster and/or a loot cheating Cat exists and that getting Skill Points is not difficult whatsoever without doing any Stealth Finishers at all.

but, who am i kidding.

i 100% agree, most of the intrinsics arent THAT needed so you can earn them in a passive manner while farming that vidar reactor, but hey why do that when you can ruin other's exeperience?

1 minute ago, Ningen2343 said:

you can earn them in a passive manner while farming that vidar reactor

not even passively, if you Kill the Enemies and well, Kill stuff rather than going for minimum effort to complete the Mission, there's plenty of XP to be had, heh. :)

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

not even passively, if you Kill the Enemies and well, Kill stuff rather than going for minimum effort to complete the Mission, there's plenty of XP to be had, heh. :)

I bet most people just do not care and run to the objective or blow up the crewship and then wonder why they only got 2 intrinsic at the end of the mission.

Edited by LazyKnight
  • Like 1

You see there's a conflict here between speed and max gains.

If you're farming for that 100 Vidar mkIII reactor then you would want to finish the mission as fast as possible which means blitzing the objectives and enemies.

If you want max intrinsics gain then you want to maximize affinity gain which means stealthing every ground enemy you can. This however multiplies the mission time considerably.

You can also just kill everything and complete the mission in average time too.

Any one of these 3 choices works but it depends on what you want.

Edited by (PS4)Double991
  • Like 3

The solution is simple, just make it so that you get more intrinsics from doing stuff like repairs or taking down fighters. The reason why people are going in with Ivara to farm intrinsics is primarily because Railjack as a whole just isn't fun enough and the grind for intrinsics is over the top annoying. People just want to get their MR and get out. Don't blame the symptom when you should be blaming the cause.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:
  1. Since DE can't get rid of the Ivara mentality, might as well just let the whole team share that stealth bonus affinity. You know, let that one sole person who just want to amass intrinsics do all the work for the team.

Its honestly not that complicated. Get rid of gimmicks that have lost purpose on many ends.

1. Remove Stealth affinity bonus and multiply the regular affinity gain by 2.5 to compensate while making focus orbs give a higher multiplier to boot to resolve those who use adaro for focus farming or similar methods. This would also reduce the dependency on things like hydron for weapon grinding. Which honestly After a weapon has gotten a forma, the amount of affinity necessary to max it again should be drastically CUT DOWN. Since your not grinding it for mastery or anything, its just another useless time gate d.e. does not wanna get rid of.
  2. Remove/re-balance other useless mechanics. Since resource extractors are beyond worthless and using the prime ver is an excuse, just replace them with large decorations in the shape of those extractors or something. Same could be said to transmuters, both reg and riven honestly should be downed from 4 to 3 if they are not going to let us manipulate what kind of mod types are coming out. Especially if we put the same 3 mod types (4 rifle mods) and not end up with a rifle mod, riven or not.
  3. Learn to stray away from b.s. mechanics like cramming Fissure system into Kuva liches and actually do something PROPER with fissure system by getting rid of it and just let players equip multiple relics and let them open after we gain enough affinity on them (least then we have another reason to embrace stealth farm grinding) OR at the very least get rid of relic sharing system and replace it with a trace multiplier bonus based on party size instead. Its clearly not going to happen but i will complain about any system that creates `mentalities` like people overly dependent on full groups of players having to run the exact same relic just to have a KIND-OF decent odds, but not really, to get one part out of 4 and 2 to 3 of those 4 parts always going to require radiant relics every time.

Its honestly because d.e. left certain things in and has just been taking existing content and just patch-working it into so-called new content that such b.s. arises. Where only DISRUPTION is honesty the only new thing that has happened, despite it mostly just functioning as a mobile defense with a immortal tower except only one particular interaction aka a demolyst yeeting the conduit instead. Except we can actually speed thru multiple M.D. targets at the same time and force it to end early then end up with the usualy 60 to 90 or something seconds wait and repeating it 3 times.

Without any modernizing of absurdly dated systems, D.E. is never going to get warframe in a favorable state where people can enjoy the game and they can then focus on releasing content then pulling crap like rushing broken content out and think its going to make players happy. Cause honestly its a 2 strike in a row thing now between Kuva Liches & Empyrean and i would not be amazed if D.E. decides to rush New war out or the Corpus set of railjack and we get the same situation, its just going to further dig its grave into making plenty of people rather play vanilla destiny 2, if they haven`t found some other title on PC or console they rather enjoy more.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sivialus said:

VWo3Jwy.jpg

Yet people will still beat that horse for Focus farming when they are unable to do Eidolons (because you are either a trinity who will fetch lures and keep everyone constantly alive by likely wasting energy cause no one wants to build durability or enjoy trying to get a particular setup for Chroma/Harrow or be a Volt who knows how to place shields and bring Shock trooper who clearly has space to bring durability but does not want to, while also bringing a good amp cause public randos want 4-6 tridolons or more a `night` and will rage quit if you take too long on the first round) or refuse to jump thru the hoops of watching for when the dons spawn and recruiting a group from recruit chat and all the other messes involved despite the focus shards ignore the daily cap.

Which especially showed in the Ivara intrinsic farm people rather do to get thru the mess that were intrinstic ranks at how messy stealth grinding is, Since enemies are automatically at a alerted state you are forced to sleep them and if its not a back-stab it will immediately disable it(which for some reason the FAUX liches aka grineer captains will not apply to the multiplier at all). Which at this point D.E. should just simplify it: If the enemy is asleep or in a C.C.`d unconscious state, they should not break stealth bonus, while also allowing finishers to always be possible if you are behind a enemy or if its in a C.C.`d state of some sort.

Never the less, i do agree that enemies need to get some ACTUAL A.I. programmed into them, should be a window of being slightly confused when they are not in a alert state if they spotted something but lost sight rather quickly so they investigate instead of instantly bee-lining it for an alarm despite you or the `object in question` being 50+ meters away yet they can spot you/it straight thru a closed door. But i guess D.E. does not want to give us some proper Metal Gear or Assassin`s creed Stealth gameplay in warframe, despite the game being about being ninjas and all that.

Edited by Avienas

Instead of nerfing Ivara they nerfed the parazon.  I tried to do a railjack mission with Ivara, since I am leveling her, and was a boarder instead of leaching.  Used Prowl as soon as I was on(to squishy without it) and stabbed the same Grineer 3 times and only took about 1/3 of his HP from the combined attacks.  9-10 stabs to kill 1 target really makes it not worth the trouble of trying to kill enemies for the intrinsic points.  My path after that was hack/smash the reactor then stab the pilot(1 hit kill like it should be) before the ship blows up.

12 hours ago, Ohforf3 said:

Instead of nerfing Ivara they nerfed the parazon.  I tried to do a railjack mission with Ivara, since I am leveling her, and was a boarder instead of leaching.  Used Prowl as soon as I was on(to squishy without it) and stabbed the same Grineer 3 times and only took about 1/3 of his HP from the combined attacks.  9-10 stabs to kill 1 target really makes it not worth the trouble of trying to kill enemies for the intrinsic points.  My path after that was hack/smash the reactor then stab the pilot(1 hit kill like it should be) before the ship blows up.

parazon has nothing to do with damage, its that railjack ground enemies are just severely overtuned and have as much armor if not more than a corrupted heavy gunner, its really hard to kill them even for veterans, you actually have to put 4 times as much work to kill them than normal enemies, most ivara leeches ive ran into use hammers since currently after the dagger nerf hammers deal the most damage with steal attack such as ivara sleep into finisher, if im not mistaken they have a 24x damage multiplier along side rapiers except hammers just deal more damage

16 hours ago, MrMackAttack said:

^ i'm sick of ivaras joining missions and stealth killing the crewships, adding numerous minutes on runs

thats what i literally mean, its just getting out of hand i honestly don't care at this point if they nerf ivara or not, im trying to farm the vidar mk3 reactor but its just so demotivating being joined by 3 ivaras every. single. time. then being forced into a 25 minute mission when it used to barely take 10 just because these selfish players are just stealth killing ramsleds and crewships its just really bad they should patch this out or something...

44 minutes ago, Ningen2343 said:

parazon has nothing to do with damage, its that railjack ground enemies are just severely overtuned and have as much armor if not more than a corrupted heavy gunner, its really hard to kill them even for veterans, you actually have to put 4 times as much work to kill them than normal enemies,

Which does not help that the usual way to farm mass amounts of points(affinity) since intrinstics are basically just a auto-form of focus lenses to convert affinity into intrinstic points, was designed that way. which of course led to people wanting to make use of stealth farming tactics over running it normal. It would not be an issue if the intrinstic rank costs scaled far slower and stopped around maybe 100~200, but could not have ways to boost the gain.

But we all know D.E. likely was too lazy to make a unique sub-equip similar to how operator/archwing/archgun gains affinity that would gain a 100% exact copy of whatever affinity was earned in the missions. Which does not also help that it clearly feels like the enemies give far less affinity then the enemy scaling they should give since a 500% stealth modifier seems to be roughly around 900~ affinity on regular enemies and 9.4k on the captains.

No idea to know what kind of affinity gain the fighters give, but considering running roughy 40~50 enemies in a single commander asteriod base would yield about 17~25 intrinstics vs the 5 to 10 or so you get for just straight up doing a mission normally, well it feels like the values are WAY worst then just straight up running an adaro stealth which tends to be over a hundred enemies in the level 35s or so, even if you have focus orbs to boost the gain a tad.

44 minutes ago, Ningen2343 said:

most ivara leeches ive ran into use hammers since currently after the dagger nerf hammers deal the most damage with steal attack such as ivara sleep into finisher, if im not mistaken they have a 24x damage multiplier along side rapiers except hammers just deal more damage

Yes the only other option would be rapiers but the most important element is pure raw damage. Which you also apparently need to do the finisher from the back in order for the multipliers to kick in. If you try to do a finisher not from the back even against a slept enemy, it seems that 24x multiplier which is necessary to even kill the enemy, will not kick in at all.

Which honestly its not that S-hand daggers got nerfed but Covert lethality lost its only true functionality to apply lethal damage with a kind of sub-part effect. They should of honestly had something like a +100% base then a 20x finisher bonus to kind of fix the issue. Since daggers have usually plenty of attack speed on some ends to let one just stack raw damage to maybe kind of get back the elements.

Granted, non-railjack enemies tend to have alot less E-health so you could likely still use daggers for stealth farming, but Polearms/whips still exist and solar map `exterminates` allow you to keep enemies in non-alert status to avoid breaking stealth. Course it would have alot more stealth frames if enemies werent instantly in tier 1 alert aka semi-alert or can`t stealth kill without using finishers on them in a sleep status.

Overall, The fact that D.E. did not really buff intrinstics to match the ridiculous cost is another problem in itself, so if they do not focus on useful positive improvements to railjack, then its just another useless island with 3 kind of MEH weapons compared to what most `higher end` players have. Shedu looks nice but with bugs and other things, i likely will just stick to my opticor Vandal even if they fix the issue. Quellor is nice as another Supra Vandal Alternate, but Kuva Quartakk exists (alongside Kuva Douba Stubba), so not much reason to use it over those 2 and Pennant just feels more of a reason to give Tatsu a Cousin, but since i myself have plenty of weapons with more fun now that range is not a meta problem, it does not really keep much interest to me.

Le 13/01/2020 à 18:28, Ningen2343 a dit :

most ivara leeches ive ran into use hammers since currently after the dagger nerf hammers deal the most damage with steal attack

I have nothing to add on the topic at hand, I just found the idea of a warframe going stealthy by violently bashing their foes with a hammer particularly funny.

On 2020-01-12 at 8:26 PM, MrMackAttack said:

^ i'm sick of ivaras joining missions and stealth killing the crewships, adding numerous minutes on runs

I with you.  Now, if there is Ivara in the squad I just follow them onto crew ships and asteroids bases and just go kill everything first or blow the stealth cover. lol. 

They get pissy but at this point if I have to kill 70 fighters while you’re  just taking it easy and tell me “bra, muh stealth farm’n”   

I couldn’t give a shet how they feel. 

Edited by (NSW)Austee

• 1 month later...

I feel like this tweak was butchery. Railjack is too punishing solo atm farm wise. I'd see myself grinding it properly with a dedicated team(sadly do not have one), not with randoms or alone, I'll try and I'll certainly fail. It is ok I still have few weapons to work on. I never used the idaro method but it was my plan for RJ not gonna lie.

Edited by Galuf
typo