Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Corpus "city like" experience

buff7879

I'd be very interested in a sort of cyberpunk city-style open world landscape. Naturally, it will be a technologically advanced corpus city. The place will be home to huge skyscrapers and new vehicles. The objective behind the city could be to help free slaves or smuggle refugees in and out. Solaris agents will be present there, allowing you to take bounties. The bounty-taking area will be at a large club. This place is where the most wealthy corpus go. It's also a great place to gather illegal information from quill contacts and the like. Im thinking that the quest tied to this would open with the warframe meeting up with a contact at the club. shortly after, a group of assassins kills the contact, causing a fight inside the club to escalate. This could possibly evolve into a new fighting style, using the parazon only (since we were disarmed once we came in). the place will reflect corpus high society and upper class. 

Many activities will be included in the city, including stealing cars (GTA) or launching strategic airstrikes (using railjacks). There could even be a whole crime syndicate that we could either join or take down. This syndicate could tie-in to corpus kingpins.

Just a wild idea. My imagination is really out there today. Tell me what you think!

• Like 1

When the "Corpus Gas City" deal was announced for the new and improved Jupiter (you know, when we got Disruption and Whisp and all that jazz) this is exactly what I thought we were gonna get. Although when you really think about it, having an actual city, with buildings and cars and stuff, would probably be problematic, and I don't mean from a technical standpoint.

The Grineer are one thing, but the Corpus always gave me some troubles when it comes to "how acceptable it is to gun these guys down". I mean granted, some of their leaders are money-hugry fascists, but this doesn't change the fact that the Prod Crewman is literally just a factory worker who was handed a stick and told to go fight the unstoppable space ninja of death. Just because of that the devs have to constantly go out of their way to emphasize the most disgusting, reprehensible parts of Corpus ethics (or lack thereof as the case may be), so as to make it more acceptable for players to remorselessly kill them off... And then you add a city to the mix? That directly implies the possibility of innocent civilians being dragged into the conflict. You mentioned GTA as a reference: that is in fact a game with ludicrous amounts of "random civilians get stabbed/gunned down for no reason". I don't think that's the direction DE wants Warframe to go to be honest.

Which, don't get me wrong, doesn't change the fact that the idea itself, the basic concept of seeing a high tech Corpus city, is pretty damn awesome. I just wish there was a way to implement it without having the game degenerate into urban warfare/run around randomly killing civilians for the hell of it. Who knows, if more planets outside of Earth/Venus ever get open world content, a full-fledged Corpus city could be the main hub (equivalent to Cetus/Fortuna) on a planet like Jupiter or Neptune.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm on board with the concept of an open world city, futuristic style, like the way Fortuna looks but as an entire city. A map way larger than all three of the current open worlds combined with a bunch of stuff to do or mess around with. As long as it doesn't have players being able to attack or sabotage other players in free mode like GTA online, this would be a remarkable game changer. I understand that it would take a lot of space, so it should be more of a downloadable DLC option like PUBG offers when you want to play other new maps.

I'm no game designer but the game has come a long way and I remember back when we didn't have open worlds, so my guess it might be possible. 

Here are random images I googled just for example but not exclusive to these designs:

Image result for futuristic city concept art

Edited by C0RRXPTED
  • Like 1

What i think is yes!

Warframes in a flipping city? That'd be too cool!!!

Crime syndicate also sounds dope!!

If its corpus though, it would make sense for them to be scared of you and instantly try to call for help, so there should be some type of corpus disguise for your operator so that you can explore in peace

Or use your warframe and jump from rooftop to rooftop

Dude thtd be too epic, i cant even imagine it like whoa!

Edited by (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII