Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILERS] Share your thoughts on the sentient ship tileset

DarthIronclad

What re your thoughts on the sentient ship tileset now that is a thing in the game.

My personal thoughts:

It is amazing looking,prob the same quality as the gas city rework if not even better.

As for gameplay wise,it is interesting to see most of the tileset having many floors,making the tileset mostly vertical in nature...always fun to bullet jump around the many floors to swat out the sentients with the paracisis and shedu.

There are some issues with the vertical nature of the tileset however,with one of the main issues is it can get a bit tricky to search for enemies...especially if my carrier prime keeps dying(oof).

Another issue is,though this may not be an issue now,but it might and can be an issue once there is a new area in normal star chart that uses this tileset,with the many floors,it can be a pain to look for syndicate medallions if syndicate missions shows up here.

1 hour ago, DarthIronclad said:

one of the main issues is it can get a bit tricky to search for enemies...especially if my carrier prime keeps dying(oof).

you could put Enemy Radar mods in your Warframe's Exilus Slot if it's that much of a problem. I just go by the usual rule of "If I haven't been there, then that's where enemies are."

the Tileset looks AWESOME though, reminds me of Doom;Eternal, another game I'm actually hyped for (but hyping responsibly). there's a lot of eyebrow raising stuff like that black goop, and the orbs that respond to Amp damage. I reckon we'll get a lore bomb or two. oh, and I love the tunnel things that take you to different parts of the ship, when they work properly anyway.

Personally it's a good 8-9 out of 10. Could use more rooms, perhaps, but perhaps since this is only the outpost they're holding back on some of the bigger rooms. I haven't seen the 'fly along a trail' room in a while, so it's possible. Would make sense that what's only an outpost doesn't have the truly cathedralic rooms.

Issues, I'd probably agree with the 'irritating to find enemies'. Right now it's not such a problem because where enemies are is marked on the map and so long as you're around there you'll probably find something, but it could pose an issue with any future objectives. Also kind of ruins mimics.

this is what they were supposed to do many years ago with the implementation of the new movement system, maps are designed with the movement system in mind, i remember DE Steve saying that he didn't wanted to change the maps because of the movement system, im glad they finally saw reason and are starting to design more vertical maps