Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well now I'm just sad.

o0Despair0o

So, despite all my hate for random people in this game, I decided to give Railjack another try.

Frickin nobody joins. Granted, it's only the third mission on earth, but you'd think there's SOMEONE out there who plays it.

(And yes, I set my matchmaking to public.)

So I thought, "Just solo it", which I did, since I solo'd the other missions so far, too. And the one time I actually got some people to join, I did everything because none of them had any idea what to do.

So after spending a good 10-15 minutes dancing with enemy fighters and boarding crew ships, I was going to return to the dry dock.

Refined my loot first because I always forget that (seriously this mechanic is BS), and selected the dry dock.

Ship jumps aaaaaaaaaand... I'm stuck in an infiite void jump. My connection didn't die and since I was the only one there, it wasn't a host migration, either.

Nothig works, had to Alt-F4.

So... here I always avoid RJ because I want to get NPC crews first. And the one time I try it anyway, everything breaks.

So my question is, how come that DE released 10 hotfixes so far and something so basic as loading the god damn dry dock doesn't work?

How am I supposed to look forward to the next missions when I have to be worried that my entire game just ollies out and dies right there on the spot before I even load in?

And to think that I need to do this stuff just to even have a chance at eventually unlocking the Shedu ? Yeah, I'm not exactly optimistic here.

EDIT: So, I decided to go full-on Mercenary and just jump between crews to farm ressources, wrecks and intrinsics.

So far I'm halfway through Saturn Proxima and I got Tactics on rank 4, 3 to go to unlock Veil. Meanwhile my ship is just sitting in the dock. I'm waiting to get a MK3 Vidar reactor since that one seems to have the most capacity.

I also had a nice bug where enemy armor and health went through the roof and my Rank 40 crit Paracesis (116% crit chance, 6.something X multi, ~1.2K slash) dealt like 60 damage to level 60 enemies. Everyone else in the squad had the same bug - nobody dealt any real damage and we got spammed with ramsleds. We had 2 of us, me included, jump out and hunt down those crewships so that we could get things moving again. Seriously, the frequency of ramsleds is just ridiculous.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 3

Infinite loop generally depends on other people bugged who lock you out from joining a new mission.

Since you were solo, did you wait some mins before alt f4 or you just quitted ?

Also people with that kind of problem found a solution with selecting Free Flight before going to dojo.

Anyway, I would suggest you to report exactly what happened with possibly a copy of your logs in the PC bug section of the forum.

13 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

And to think that I need to do this stuff just to even have a chance at eventually unlocking the Shedu ? Yeah, I'm not exactly optimistic here.

If you just want Shedu with minimal RJ gameplay, you can ask someone in recruitment chat to taxi you to the anomaly (be sure to have paracesis or this is all worthless), and then farm plat to buy Shedu parts from people on the market.

28 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

how come that DE released 10 hotfixes so far and something so basic as loading the god damn dry dock doesn't work?

because Railjack is a terrible mess, and it's gonna take a lot more fixes before we can even call it "adequate", let alone call it "working as intended" un-ironically.

regarding other players, that's pugs for you, and the first few earth nodes will be full of newer players who don't know what they're doing. everyone who's actually "good" at Railjack at this point is in the Veil, farming for that perfect Vidar Mk3 reactor; until the Anomaly appears and then it's time to play against the insane odds of Shedu Parts and god forbid, the Tenebrous Ephemera.

if you want the Shedu, you're probably better off, as others have said, either trading for the parts directly, or selling items for plat and then buying Shedu pieces. the Anomaly farm is less of a constant grind, more of a mad rush to get to the veil, then trying to speedrun a mission that takes forever (90 fighters alone takes time) so that you have the time for another run. it's honestly kind of ridiculous how they implemented this.

I'm hoping that once a bunch of other fixes are applied, they'll look at the Anomaly. there has GOT to be a better way of getting Tenebrous Ephemera and Shedu without inconsistent timegates.

il y a 22 minutes, Mr.Fluffins a dit :

If you just want Shedu with minimal RJ gameplay, you can ask someone in recruitment chat to taxi you to the anomaly (be sure to have paracesis or this is all worthless), and then farm plat to buy Shedu parts from people on the market.

Is it possible to taxi someone that doesn't have one intrinsic lvl 7 ?

34 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

So, despite all my hate for random people in this game, I decided to give Railjack another try.

Frickin nobody joins. Granted, it's only the third mission on earth, but you'd think there's SOMEONE out there who plays it.

So I thought, "Just solo it", which I did, since I solo'd the other missions so far, too. And the one time I actually got some people to join, I did everything because none of them had any idea what to do.

So after spending a good 10-15 minutes dancing with enemy fighters and boarding crew ships, I was going to return to the dry dock.

Refined my loot first because I always forget that (seriously this mechanic is BS), and selected the dry dock.

Ship jumps aaaaaaaaaand... I'm stuck in an infiite void jump. My connection didn't die and since I was the only one there, it wasn't a host migration, either.

Nothig works, had to Alt-F4.

So... here I always avoid RJ because I want to get NPC crews first. And the one time I try it anyway, everything breaks.

So my question is, how come that DE released 10 hotfixes so far and something so basic as loading the god damn dry dock doesn't work?

How am I supposed to look forward to the next missions when I have to be worried that my entire game just ollies out and dies right there on the spot before I even load in?

It happens.  You have to look at all factors starting with your ISP and ending with DE and player numbers and interaction.  Last night I was bounced from 5 of 6 games at some point which was very frustrating.

I told myself I wasn’t going to grind out ship progression until I was at R7 Intrinsics or above with plenty of resources because despite people making RJ out to be this complex interactive mode, it starts with your always slow Railjack able to take and deal damage.

So solo is out for me atm, and I’m at the mercy of other hosts and lack of AVAILABLE hosts across multiple nodes which I get, but if you simply can’t play and progress over-and-over it is a frustrating waste of time. 

Command Intrinsic must be a huge priority atm because I’m seeing a very limited pool of PUGS in RJ even on weekends.

il y a une heure, o0Despair0o a dit :

You can message me in ~1h15 (https://semlar.com/), if I'm here (I can be ig but afk) I'll taxi you to the anomaly. Usually I do it solo and don't rush it. 2 seats available if other people want to join (don't forget your paracesis).

20 minutes ago, Arkandae said:

You can message me in ~1h15 (https://semlar.com/), if I'm here (I can be ig but afk) I'll taxi you to the anomaly. Usually I do it solo and don't rush it. 2 seats available if other people want to join (don't forget your paracesis).

Count me in...oh wait... DAAAANGGIT!!!

(Seriously though way to reach out to the community +1)

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

53 minutes ago, Arkandae said:

Sadly I gotta go to work lol

Edited by o0Despair0o

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Frickin nobody joins

I've been on public match (select the node from orbiter instead of inside drydock/railjack). Haven't used/upgraded my railjack. Had to deal with high ping and host migrations. But at least, I can progress without spending any resources.

I'm not playing anymore Empyrean until they:

Fix bugs like these.

Drastically lower resource costs.

Remove or drastically lower time-gates on salvage OR Make the RNG range on stats very, very small

Improve the drop rates of the actually needed avionics including battle avionics somewhere besides the endgame area.  There is no reason that Seeker Volley should be easier to get in an area where Seeker Volley is useless.  The actual drop rates of Battle Avionics and the good house avionics needs to be improved on all the planets, not just adding them to the drop tables of veil enemies.  Trying to get a Zekti Bulkhead is like the Damaged mod BS all over again except 10x worse. You HAVE to have it to not get shredded and yet it's a ridiculous grind to get.

And last, I'm honestly gonna need a Munition Vortex mailed to me.  By DE's definitions, RNG is "earning" and that means I earned Munition Vortex because it dropped, I picked it up and was on a clear path to victory when the game bugged out, locked up and force quit on its own.  If it didn't have a ludicrously low drop rate on Saturn I would have let it go, but it does, so I'm not letting it go.  I can't even see my stupid ship floating above my orbiter without getting pissed off about how much I've lost due entirely to the state they shipped this out in.  If future content requires Railjack then I guess I'll just quit and uninstall, because I'm not playing this steaming pile of dog S#&$ until they fix it.

I'm sorry to hear about your first RJ experience op. I hope you'll be able to enjoy it at some point.

I remember doing my first mission solo and going down in a blaze of glory because I didn't know what to do. I started doing the archwing only strategy and that got me through all of the railjack levels. I upgraded my ship a bit and then jumped into public which to my surprise was quite good. 

Having other players to help kill, pick up drops and do objectives is definitely worth it from my experience.

As for intrinsics I've been soloing Kasio's Rest on Saturn. Stealth through both objectives, stealth the crew ships, and then mop up the fighters while stealthing any boarding parties along the way. This nets me about 50-80 intrinsics per run.

Had that bug happen a few times. I was just gonna just clear the nodes for the ERRA quest and be done.  That said I was having some fun untill I saw that I needed rank 7 intrinsic and what it's gonna take to get to rank 7... I just stopped playing altogether.. back to Red Dead 2. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Earth is not new player friendly at all and there is basically no compelling reason for anyone with a better railjack to rerun Earth in a group. So, as time goes on expect both Saturn and Earth to turn into dead zones. I include Saturn in this because outside one node is there any reason to ever play those other missions again?

11 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Had that bug happen a few times. I was just gonna just clear the nodes for the ERRA quest and be done.  That said I was having some fun untill I saw that I needed rank 7 intrinsic and what it's gonna take to get to rank 7... I just stopped playing altogether.. back to Red Dead 2. 

Just get a taxi. 

23 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Just get a taxi. 

Thats exactly what I was doing. Pubing the nodes. Now though it's a crap shoot wether or not there are any open squads for the 4 nodes I need in the viel. So after the 4-5th time of loading in and no squads available and sitting in recruit chat, and since I've done everything I can except those nodes. I thought why am I just sitting here when I could actually be playing something, something I want to play. So yeah, all done here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

The problem now is the playerbase is spread a bit too thin, you have regular nodes, Lich nodes and Railjack.

Don't forget the prime relics, sorties, eidolon hunting, arbs, ESO, disruption. I mean good luck if you wanna run a specific rad relic on console. 

vor 7 Stunden schrieb o0Despair0o:

Nobody joining happened to me a few times since the last patch. You are not alone in that.

When you play on earth node most people that join have no clue what to do. You either have to read or watch a guide to fully understand what to do. The ship layout is also not helping. No wonder they lost the war ... who does design a warship with doors you can get stuck on, the important stuff at opposite ends and no color signs that show where to go for what?

Edited by k05h

7 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Shedu

Grind to instincic 7.

Join a pub setient farm team, smash the glass, watch cutscene and get the BP, trade for the parts as they are lowering in price day by day. 

The hard part is getting that 7 so you can be taxied to veil.