Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speculation on the possibilities of Corpus Liches

Hawk_of_the_Reborn

After having watched OriginalWickedFun's video about Corpus liches, it got me wondering about a better way to incorporate Corpus liches in a more sensible way on how they would become their own equivalent of a lich. Before I begin, however, let me post is video for sauce and you guys can see for yourself. (My thoughts continued below aforementioned video)

Now, maybe the Corpus get turned into liches from amalgams? The Corpus as a whole seem to have a knack for that kinda stuff. What with Salad Five tinkering with the mutalists and working with the Sentients, maybe the corpus liches are sentiet/corpus hybrids due to the whole Salad Five thing. I know we already have amalgams, yes, but I see them as sort of a Corpus equivalent to the Grineer Nox/Ghoul units in terms of style and feel. With this in mind, I don't think having a "extra corrupted" Corpus unit becoming its own 'lich' somehow would be all that great. Because, as he stated in his own video, the corrupted affects all factions except the Sentients. (I don't think Sentients should be corruptable, but that's just my own opinion) Even his thumbnail shows an amalgam unit, so I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it just seems to make the best sense.

I would imagine the kuva liches will be born out of some sort synthetic kuva that either Alad V (for the umpteenth time) will try some crazy scheme with only to have it horribly backfire. That, or we'll FINALLY get that Nef Anyo boss fight to reintroduce him to the game, and have some corpus units twisted and warped by the void.

Well, there are several potential candidates for that.

1) Ambulas - their point was that they improve with every encounter and get stronger. Now, you suppousedly destroy them during Glast Gambit, but since literally every single corpus project that you "shut down" early (jackal, zanuka, etc) appear later on anyway, I don't think that ambulas is out of question. Unfortunately, it might be a bit too big.

2) A more probable option, it's going to be some kind of zanuka/hyena type of robot, maybe with some amalgam tech mixed in. AI hunters would be a cool concept, they are not too big, hyenas were already shown to have some sort of elemental abilities, they are different enough from humanoid liches, there are loads of potential customization options for them and if you are going to have an option to convert them like with kuva liches, they will be perfect pet robo doggos.

3 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

After having watched OriginalWickedFun's video about Corpus liches, it got me wondering about a better way to incorporate Corpus liches in a more sensible way on how they would become their own equivalent of a lich. Before I begin, however, let me post is video for sauce and you guys can see for yourself. (My thoughts continued below aforementioned video)

Now, maybe the Corpus get turned into liches from amalgams? The Corpus as a whole seem to have a knack for that kinda stuff. What with Salad Five tinkering with the mutalists and working with the Sentients, maybe the corpus liches are sentiet/corpus hybrids due to the whole Salad Five thing. I know we already have amalgams, yes, but I see them as sort of a Corpus equivalent to the Grineer Nox/Ghoul units in terms of style and feel. With this in mind, I don't think having a "extra corrupted" Corpus unit becoming its own 'lich' somehow would be all that great. Because, as he stated in his own video, the corrupted affects all factions except the Sentients. (I don't think Sentients should be corruptable, but that's just my own opinion) Even his thumbnail shows an amalgam unit, so I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it just seems to make the best sense.

Yes, I see Super-Amalgams filling this role, perhaps with Amalgam and/or Sentient Thralls.

2 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

1) Ambulas - their point was that they improve with every encounter and get stronger. Now, you suppousedly destroy them during Glast Gambit, but since literally every single corpus project that you "shut down" early (jackal, zanuka, etc) appear later on anyway, I don't think that ambulas is out of question. Unfortunately, it might be a bit too big.

2 hours ago, Miser_able said:

I say they should make it have something to do with Animo. Cause that was its original purpose. 

Agreed. While it's entirely possible that DE will make something new up, if we go by existing lore the most probable candidate would be a revival of the Animo project

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Agreed. While it's entirely possible that DE will make something new up, if we go by existing lore the most probable candidate would be a revival of the Animo project

I can see that.

Perhaps our old venilator-lunged friend will cannibalize some of the surviving Zanuka models and incorporate them into his faulty prototype. End up with this hellish oro-infused even more-cyborged meat droid with the ability to channel the void through it's collection of severed-but-alive Warframe parts (You'd THINK that wouldn't be gruesome to a Tenno, until you find out some of those parts came from "sleepers" who don't know they have a body to pull out to. Yeesh, I wonder if the Lotus has an asylum somewhere filled with all the Gravidus ""survivors"".)

Edited by Unus

5 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I lost so many brain cells bro

They'll have 3 levels of nullifier bubble, an arctic eximus aura, twice the shield regen of a lvl 60 Jackal on Orb Vallis, and immunity to Magnetic.

It will cost roughly 14 million credits to kill one of them, and they'll have a 0.02% chance of giving you an ephemera of credits flying around.

...People will still interact with it, somehow killing tens of thousands of them in the first week, proving to DE that every decision they made was good, and people like it.

Edited by kapn655321

there's a few avenues they could go down:

Mercenaries: The Corpus have all the money, so they can afford to buy the best independent, non-tenno killers the system has to offer, then train them in the best simulacrums, and equip them with the most advanced weaponry and armour the corpus can muster, no expenses spared. these units would be specialized to fight only Tenno. and yes, they'd likely bring Nully bubbles to the party.

Terminators: The Corpus could decide to try and get the best of both worlds: human intelligence with Proxy-level efficiency, and essentially create specialized humanoid Proxies - with or without skin - that have similar capabilities to the Tenno's Warframes. a "fight fire with fire" approach, but instead of void powered kids, regular old circuitry powers it.

Experimental proxies: despite having constant setbacks, the Corpus keep developing better and better proxies, as seen with Razorback, Orb Mothers, the reworked Raptors and Ambulas reborn, as well as the Proxies we fight against in The Index. Corpus Liches could quite simply be even stronger proxies, and DE would also be able to re-use assets that already exist (but hopefully not too much).

Amalgams: Alad V's experiments with Sentient Tech and the creation of Amalgams as well as the research done by the Taxmen in the Orb Vallis means we could see Corpus Liches use Sentient technology to fight and ultimately resurrect themselves.

as for the method of dispatching them, they could swap requiems for "destruction codes", a series of numbers that act as a way of disabling the computer systems that keep resurrecting the Lich. killing the thralls gives digits of the code, the player must then rearrange them correctly, as is done with Requiems. with this system, it will be familiar to the player while also thematically appropriate to the Corpus.

I have a bit of a lore issue with Amalgam Liches. Yes Corpus have conducted sentient research, but little has been seen of that as the main amalgam force currently exist as Alad V's personal project rather than corpus proper. And the problem with Alad V is that he experimented with sentient (Jupiter), Infested (Eris, or rather the infested "experimented" with him), and Tenno (Zanuka project), so while taking Alad V as the source of the other Liches would be 3 birds with one stone, it disrupts the faction balance in my opinion. You need a counterpart to the Grinneer queens to be the source for other faction liches.

I would alternatively propose Thermia Liches, created by Nef Anyo. I feel that would better mirror what's happening on the Grinneer side.

Infested Liches should also continue with what they have always been doing, infecting Grinneer and Corpus Liches and twisting them into their image, ending up with Liches with 50%/50% chances to have grinneer or corpus physical attributes. Could also be created by the emissary, for lack of better "infested ruler" figure.

As for Alad V, it would be fun and really twisted to have him as source of some Tenno based Liches as an extension of his Zanuka project.

I'd Like them to take the opportunity to give us something new. Perhaps finally getting to meet the entire board of directors. A corpus head office to function as the corpus analog to the kuva fortress. The board pulls it's know how together to modify select candidates to turn into high level hunter-killers. I don't want zanukas or something. They should have personality; especially if they will eventually be RJ crew. 

I can't help but think that all the corpus robot enemies are called proxies. 

Stand ins for the actual humans,

Although amalgam beings would be an easy and obvious solution, but some sort of AI that is sentient and uses robot bodies to change over time would make sense too. 

Some sort of kill code would actually make sense for such a being.