Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework (This is clickbait kinda)

(XBOX)LZonut

I'm not saying he needs one, I'm just saying that this is what I would want an electric frame to have.

Passive - Static Discharge - Dealing electrical damage with abilities gives you stored energy that is used by your abilities. Move faster with more energy stored.

Made so you should be dealing damage and not running around or blocking damage to get it. Caps at 3000 now. Every 300 increases speed by 10%, just for those who miss the old days of playing Volt, however, another idea was to instead give Volt electric damage to his attacks.

1 - Bolt - Releases a bolt of energy that stuns the enemy, giving you Static energy. The bolt chains to nearby enemies.

Just like normal except it doesn't chain damage. Instead it just stuns chained enemies. Chains up to 10m away from the original target. Each enemy hit gives you 200 static energy. Cost 25 energy.

2 - Thunder Coil - Drain static energy and use it to deflect damage. Enemies that hit you are stunned. Adds electric damage to allies around you.

Drains static energy at a rate of 100 a second. Taking damage will deal 50% less damage of that to Volt and take away 50 static energy. Enemy attacker will be stunned for 8s. Gains 50% less static energy while this is on. Allies within 15m gain 25% electric damage and 10% crit chance added to their attacks. Duration decreases drain and efficiency decreases drain per hit. Cost 0 energy.

3 - Discharge - Consume Static energy to release a massive electrical discharge that goes further depending on your static energy. Stuns enemies hit. Each enemy hit gives Volt energy.

Every 100 static points add on 1m to the range. Each enemy hit is stunned for 10 seconds and gives Volt 10 energy. Cost 75 energy.

4 - Lightning Storm - Volt pulls electricity from all stunned enemies into a massive thunder storm that discharges on enemies near him, as well as all stunned enemies.

Volt starts by adding 15% of the health of stunned enemies into the damage of Lightning Storm's bolts. Base damage is 1000. Then he calls down a massive thunder bolt on himself that hits enemies within 8m of him. He also calls down smaller bolts (still frickin powerful) on stunned enemies that hit enemies within 4m of them. This cost 100 energy.

So basically, here's the loop: Use 1 for static energy, 2 for protection if you need it, 3 to discharge and stun a ton of enemies, then 4 and releases the biggest lightning storm known to man. This makes Volt really versatile. He has CC, DPS, Support.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

So you made a volt rework that remove both Eletric shield and Speed( core parts of his current identity ) for generic DR skill and fancy AOE nuke. Why ?

He has electric shield in his 2. Allies and volt get extra electric damage and crit chance added to their attacks, because the shield made Volt really more of a campy kind of frame where you just sit behind the shield and shoot. Speed is in static discharge, the only thing missing is reload and melee speed, but I guess that could just be added to his passive. Another idea I had was for speed to instead turn Volt into a fast moving lightning bolt cause I really want to be a lightning bolt some reason.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

So you made a volt rework that remove both Eletric shield and Speed( core parts of his current identity ) for generic DR skill and fancy AOE nuke. Why ?

Not to mention he already has an excellent AOE nuke.

As for the OP, this sounds like a very radical change to an already very good and decently powerful frame, so while your ideas are neat Volt is not a frame that needs help at this time. His abilites are all at least useful and they work well mechanically in the game right now.

Volt's issues are more general game balance issues rather than specific to volt. Electricity is in general a poor damage type, shields are weak and need buffs in general.

I'd rather give shields a generic buff rather than give every frame a DR ability, if every frame needs one of those just bake that property into the frames themselves.

16 minutes ago, Ohmlink said:

Volt's issues are more general game balance issues rather than specific to volt. Electricity is in general a poor damage type, shields are weak and need buffs in general.

Pretty much this , volt issue have more to do with overall game systens. To be fair his 1 could use a bit of help but that's about it.

18 minutes ago, Ohmlink said:

I'd rather give shields a generic buff rather than give every frame a DR ability, if every frame needs one of those just bake that property into the frames themselves.

I would rahter DE got their shot together and decided how much EHP is too much EHP. We have a ramge of EHP of 500 do 200k.