Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack pilots are scapegoats

Gasau

I usually play as a pilot on my own railjack.

lately I’m tired of it a bit and I decided to killing crewships in pub missions.

my ship is fully equipped with full mk3 gear, got +96 avia reactor and max damage skills with void hole battle avia.

With this set, I am easily able to destroy 90 small ships in solo as pilot

I put the worst side turrets so that people would not sit on them.

But anyway players are still sitting in freakin side turrets with Apoc 0 and do nothing. No one wants to be a pilot.

I understand this is very convenient. Sit on a turret and press one button while drinking tea.

It is very convenient to parasitize on other people's investments.

in the end I'm piloting again.

We need an AI team in solo mode.

If the frontal artillery was a little more than useless, I would never play with pubs.

il y a 6 minutes, Gasau a dit :

No one wants to be a pilot.

Nah, once you kill 90 ships and park your railjack in a safe place to do objectives/board crewships, then they really want to be a pilot and the RJ gets hit for no reason by crewships or they park it near a missile or shipkiller platform.

Edited by Arkandae

Pubs are full of lazy people and people who want to leech, same as regular WF. Always be prepared to carry when you public queue. Not saying its a great reality, but there's not much anyone can do to change it.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

Wait what?

i normally do what you do - host my own missions and pilot myself, i dont have bad guns on the turrets though , i keep the photors which is excellent now, cause i have been told i pilot great but only a lunatic could follow as a gunner so hitscan guns makes sense,

when i do get tired i too go to pub ,

but when i go to pub , i dont see this behavior you are seeing , there will be dudes on turrets and dudes on archwing , not that many AFK ers , and definitely only the host pilots if anyone.

though i only do veil missions now ,

so i guess the players have a bit more understanding or i have been relatively lucky.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I'm pretty sure the real thing that's happened is everyone has agreed to just let the hosts fly their own ships... meanwhile you're the host and probably are not speaking up about not wanting to.

Also, seriously. The worst side guns to stop people from using them? Little bad mannered there honestly. And inefficient.

• Like 9

It's not that difficult to solo now you can boost away from the crew ships the fighters will follow you kill them then slingshot to the cruise ship and kill it quickly warp back.

I typically don't take my ship that often mostly because people don't get crewships so I join randoms and 100% focus on crewships mostly.

When I do take my ship I just assume I'm going to be soloing, if some randoms help fine if not I'm ready.  Intentionally handicapping them on the side turrets is kind of dumb to, high damage long-range weapons so they can at least be doing something zekti pulsar mk3s are quite good for this now.

2 минуты назад, EvanGallaway сказал:

Excuse me if I ask but...

Why shouldn't people use your turrets? XD If they do damage, they can help you getting rid of enemies, thus ending the mission faster.

And then I look at 0/6 crewships killed. I would gladly remove them or replace them with bananas.

faster? definitely not

1 minute ago, Gasau said:

And then I look at 0/6 crewships killed. I would gladly remove them or replace them with bananas.

faster? definitely not

You can tell them to go and kill the Crewships (although when I join a public group I'm often left alone on the ship repairing, piloting and fighting boarders because the host parked it in front of whatever POI is throwing Grineer Cans), or you can do it yourself if you feel them to be too slow. Railjack has a strong base on cooperation, if that is missing, every mission becomes an unbearable chore. Unfortunately Crewships can only be disabled by standard turrets (and that it's difficult on its own), they should buff our frontal artillery a bit. 

12 минут назад, BansheePrime сказал:

Also, seriously. The worst side guns to stop people from using them? Little bad mannered there honestly. And inefficient.

It actually works. Now 7 out of 10 players are sitting on turrets instead of 9 out of 10 as it was before.

2 minutes ago, Gasau said:

It actually works. Now 7 out of 10 players are sitting on turrets instead of 9 out of 10 as it was before.

Why don't you just use forward artillery and put apoc turrets on the sides so you can one punch the crew ships with the main gun?

tell them to be useful and shoot the crew ships.

And here I am, putting my best Carcinnox with +50% FR with the idea of "Oh! My gunners will love these" and just hearing the constant trururururururururus as I Pilot with a fast firing Apoc. Living the moment of MOAR DAKKA is send out as the kill counter goes up.

Each with their idea of "fun", I guess.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gasau said:

I put the worst side turrets so that people would not sit on them.

But anyway players are still sitting in freakin side turrets with Apoc 0 and do nothing.

Uhh, you do realize that if you put actually good guns there, then those players would no longer do nothing?

Good job making your own problem.

Edited by HugintheCrow

I dunno about no one wanting to be pilot.. partly because I occupy it like 95% of the time, but when I do get a bit sick of my team not doing what they are suppose to be doing i.e. taking out crewships quickly, or taking care of boarders, I take things into my own hands... and more often than not, when I do, someone is usually in the pilot seat when I get back, so I leave them to it...

The thing is if anything, some people jump into my side guns to AFK! as it's usually harder to see what they are doing without using the command interface to see through their eyes, especially if the railjack is moving around a lot

However with the geometry bugs and black screen bugs still present in game, I'm not too harsh on those that don't want to leave the railjack, simply because so many things can go wrong currently for non-hosts. And occasionally I actually encounter players who still no idea how to board and take out a crewship or use the railjacks artillery gun in the Veil no less!

• Like 1

Yes i see this a lot. Because I don’t have much friends and recruiting normally terrible. Therefore I host with my railjack missions and this and get this behavior 70% of the time. It’s gotten to the part where im both piloting and crewship hunter. Then there are those rare times when everyone is out of the ship and im left to repair and pilot. Fun, truly fun...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Wait, this is the guy who wanted the ability to remove the side turrets altogether, and I think also wanted the ability, as pilot, to literally force players off the Railjack, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

If it's not, the two of them ought to get together and...

No, wait, that wouldn't work would it.

It is.

He complains here that the gunners do jacksh*t. Then gives them crap as gunnery turrets.

OP is not helping his case at all.

• Like 3