Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to Archwing afterburner

k05h

Question

I did some oldschool trenchrun and pursuit archwing missions today and noticed that afterburner is gone. It used to be SPACE once when you sprinted with SHIFT. 

As far as I can see it was changed in update 26.1 to

Zitat

Previously, the default Afterburner was to hold Shift to Sprint and Space Bar to initiate Afterburner. Now, holding Shift to Sprint and W will trigger the Afterburner once you get some momentum going.

But for me this does absolutely not work. SHIFT+w is faster but not the short burst afterburner we use to have. Am I doing something wrong here?

10 answers to this question

Okay, I did some more checking:

Afterburner is working properly in Corpus mission with the method SHIFT+W and it really catapults you ahead. In Grineer missions it is not there. 

I will write a bug report. I think that is not supposed to happen.

Edited by k05h

3 hours ago, k05h said:

Okay, I did some more checking:

Afterburner is working properly in Corpus mission with the method SHIFT+W and it really catapults you ahead. In Grineer missions it is not there. 

I will write a bug report. I think that is not supposed to happen.

Afterburner = sprint.   Yes you used to have to hold the button down but they did away with it.  Now its just automaticly on if you sprint.  (check to see if you have sprint as a toggle or a hold.   I prefer toggle aka always on or always off.  Maybe you would like it more if it was hold..)

They gave all archwings Itzal's Blink.  This warps any AW 100 meters (in open world, dont know about in RJ space, feels muuuch farther in space lol)

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

On orb Valis today I couldn't go as fast as I used to. I have the hyperion thrusters mod attached and maxed and when I used to fly (W) and hold shift and as soon as I pressed space there would be a boom and I would lurch forward very fast etc. now W and Shift seem to be just old W and shift. I couldn't get any boom or extra boost to kick in on Orb Vallis. I haven't tried it anywhere else yet.

10 hours ago, Ausrick said:

On orb Valis today I couldn't go as fast as I used to. I have the hyperion thrusters mod attached and maxed and when I used to fly (W) and hold shift and as soon as I pressed space there would be a boom and I would lurch forward very fast etc. now W and Shift seem to be just old W and shift. I couldn't get any boom or extra boost to kick in on Orb Vallis. I haven't tried it anywhere else yet.

just hit sprint.  There may not be a boom anymore but you should go as fast just by moving forward.  

Playing with sprint will definately show you a difference in speed.   If you have sprint off you should be going very slow.  

On 2020-01-12 at 1:50 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

just hit sprint.  There may not be a boom anymore but you should go as fast just by moving forward.  

Playing with sprint will definately show you a difference in speed.   If you have sprint off you should be going very slow.  

I've been messing around with it and maybe it is just as fast or not I can't quantitatively tell, but it "Feels" way slower, it doesn't give that sensation of speed. I used to feel like I was in a fighter jet. I can't even barrel roll now, the Z axis seems locked. I don't actually "Feel" like I'm flying or soaring through the air, I just feel like I am hovering. It doesn't feel like "flight" at all. and I'm not talking about blink. Blink doesn't feel like you're fast it feels like a teleport which again, isn't flight. Also Archwing missions I used to be able to play now I had to respawn like 3 times. I'm not feeling the latest changes in the slightest. I feel more of that "rush" feeling of wooshing with Zephyr and Volt than I do by jumping in an archwing now.

I really miss the aferburner effect as well. I was expecting that after 3 seconds of Shift +W the AW would double speed automatically.  but nah it's sorta just slowly coasts forward now even when holding shift for a minute straight. nowhere near as fast (at least fast feeling) as when I stopped playing 2 years ago

43 minutes ago, Cxdfc said:

I really miss the aferburner effect as well. I was expecting that after 3 seconds of Shift +W the AW would double speed automatically.  but nah it's sorta just slowly coasts forward now even when holding shift for a minute straight. nowhere near as fast (at least fast feeling) as when I stopped playing 2 years ago

If it's speed that concerns you, toggle sprint it'll fly fast enough for open world, and really fast on aw missions.

Or just tap blink you'll be as fast as you can on open world, and faster than you can handle on aw missions.

If it's the effect, well things come and go all the time in warframe. Sometimes good things go.