Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Transmutes - isn´t it time to make them more accessible?

IamLoco

Riven Transmutes are the only way to merge 4 rivens into a new one. They can only be obtained from Eidolon Hydrolysts.

I think that it should be about time to release Riven Transmutes as rewards in high level drop tables or to make them tradeable. I understand that people work hard for getting them, a Hydrolyst is certainly not a task for new players. But hunting down Hydrolysts is a very specific thing to do and not everyone enjoys this - or has the team or the skills to do it.

On the other hand, we cannot buy or trade Riven Transmutes, while we can trade the Arcanes that drop from Hydrolysts.

I believe transmuting rivens shouldn´t be something that only a small percentage of players are able to do, Rivens have certainly become something for everyone - once you´re able to play Sorties, you will have plenty of them.

So I´d ask for a different way to get Riven Transmutes. Either by trading, or maybe via the Arbitration dealer, or as a rare drop from high level content like Sorties, ESO or Axi Relics. 

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 5

Just let people buy them from the Arbitration dude for Vitus Essence at a reasonable cost. Yes underlined and bold for DE to not make 1 transmuter cost 100 Vitus or something ridiculous like they're known to do. 

Also, no reason to dilute the drop tables even more in ESO.

2 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I have never once had a Riven Transmuter in all of my days in this game.

They're silly... we're already tossing out 4 rivens to make 1 random one, right?
(I ask because for all I know it's not random. Wouldn't know 'cause can't do it.)

The new riven will be one of the kind that you used to transmute.

So if you use 4 rifle rivens, it will 100% be a new rifle riven mod. 

But of course it´s random what weapon you pull.

14 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

The new riven will be one of the kind that you used to transmute.

So if you use 4 rifle rivens, it will 100% be a new rifle riven mod. 

But of course it´s random what weapon you pull.

Thanks for the info.

The details of things in this game are deliberately obscure.. so unless people are making wikia homework for themselves or looking up youtube walkthroughs to cheese the game, these things remain a mystery.

So on one hand I see why they did it:
It's an additional reward for those who brute force eidolons non-stop, that ties back into other parts of the game. Those runners are the most likely to spend lots of extra plat from rivens, to buy more riven slots, and so on.. becoming it's own side gameplay loop beyond just stagnating in Eidolons.

On the other hand:
Casual players will have Zero interface with that feature. A solo or small party off meta player just isn't going to kill enough of whichever Eidolon drops these.. meaning the top end of Riven capability is less about balancing a player's perceived shortcommings out of weapons, and more about driving only the meta elite further into the meta elite, and creating greater gulfs in experience and expectations. Frankly, those elite need that or they'll get bored, and they churn the plat market, so DE has no incentive not to do it, other than encouraging superiority complexes and making casuals a fringe group. With our declining numbers, marginalizing the potential of people here to have fun in order to milk the golden calf, might just be backfiring, and undermining the positive and inclusive members of the community.

Adding a different way to obtain transmute cores can fix this.

I've had nothing to do with the rivens I don't like, except give them away, delete them for a terribly low amount of Endo, or just refuse to bother with sources of new rivens. Not sure how intended that side effect is, but it is one.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1