Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is ocucor still suffering the multishot bug

Daskrieg

Question

Just wondering if anyone can report in on if this gun is still suffering from a multishot bug or if that was fixed for it at all recently, cause i remember somehow multishot added to this gun when it was released was not giving it the same values as other weapons.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Is there anyone that can say if this is intended?

It's been brought up a few times, but I've seen no word from the devs on it.

Tendrils getting no multishot might be intentional, main beam getting only half the benefit is probably a bug, but nobody knows for sure.

19 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I bought 2 rivens and spent forma and it feels like I wasted so much.

If you spent big plat on great Rivens with multishot... maybe you should hope a bugfix might come along. But...

...the Ocucor is still more than viable! I invested in my Ocucor just because I unveiled a great Riven... and it's pretty monstrous.

It's an ammo-eater, so I always bring Carrier, with Synth Mods to top up the magazine, I just melee when I'm close to needing a reload, to keep the tendrils up.

Without any dual-stat mod it still procs a ton of status, so it pairs well with CO melee too.

My build uses Barrel Diffusion which if you have an MS Riven you could dispense with. Multishot may have diminished effect, but it's still worth using.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

My build uses Barrel Diffusion which if you have an MS Riven you could dispense with. Multishot may have diminished effect, but it's still worth using.

What you have there is the farthest that weapon can be pushed. I'm not going to waste more money and time on it as I know it fails at high levels.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Just wondering if this is fixed. I don't use the weapon anymore, but I got two rivens with multishot and I want to know if they are useless I'll just destroy them for endo

It isn't fixed, so you don't want multishot. You want damage and magazine size. Roll both 10 times, pick whichever you find more effective and sell/trash the other.

3 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

It isn't fixed, so you don't want multishot. You want damage and magazine size. Roll both 10 times, pick whichever you find more effective and sell/trash the other.

I have exactly enough kuva to do that... so tempting. But no more falling down this rabbit hole. lol

On 2020-02-09 at 5:54 PM, Redfeather75 said:

I have exactly enough kuva to do that... so tempting. But no more falling down this rabbit hole. lol

lol, Yeah don't reroll if you already have multi-shot Rivens.

Right now Ocucor is in a niche build/use case.

I am hoping DE addresses Stug, Talons, and Ocucor sometime soon. (I think Acrid was also untouched but is mostly fine. Possibly needs a realistic damage to fire-rate balance being that it is semi-auto.)*

Ocucor needs the Tendrils to be most effective, muh like the Mutalist Quanta needs it's Orbs.

Synth mod set & Eject Magazine work well for this. 

Not sure why Ruinous Extension is not an exilus mod but Projectiles Flight Speed is...very bias against beam weapons it seems.

Once Multishot gets looked at on Ocucor and adjusted by DE it should most welcomed. (Have a gut-feeling it may be when a new Ocucor variant appears)

I see above, you said Ocucor falls off; that may be true. My experience with Banshee and Ocucor felt like they  paired well. Easily taking advantage of Resonance weakpoint spreading and within the Time to kill of Silence stun Aura. It is possible I am not playing at high enough levels where Sonar and Ocucor fall off; I only see up to level 400's on rare endurance occasions.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi