Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Hole and other avionics

Ahijuna

I'm usually ok with farming hard to find mods but in the case of void hole and others I'm against. They do not work as mods, they are your railjack's abilities. Not having void hole for veil proxima is like not having your 3rd unlocked. People will even leave your Railjack if they join the mission and see it's not there. Similar thing happens to avionics capacity in reactors but this time behind more rng layers, when you finally get a vidar reactor, you get a bad roll and it's worst than a sigma mkIII.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

remember when warframe abilities were mods? those combat avionics are basically the same. and bad for the same reasons. but hey, it's been a few years, so probably nobody remembered while submitting that design.

One thing to note about the Warframe ability comparison is that there's only one Railjack type right now, which means in order to give you a variety of abilities they need to have battle avionics. Warframe abilities are unique to each Warframe so it makes sense why ability mods were taken out. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Larizu:

I'm usually ok with farming hard to find mods but in the case of void hole and others I'm against. They do not work as mods, they are your railjack's abilities. Not having void hole for veil proxima is like not having your 3rd unlocked. People will even leave your Railjack if they join the mission and see it's not there. Similar thing happens to avionics capacity in reactors but this time behind more rng layers, when you finally get a vidar reactor, you get a bad roll and it's worst than a sigma mkIII.

It is like jumping to pluto with a rank 0 frame, you need to be carried by others. Veil is doable without it, but yes ppl will leave cause they know there are alot of ppl around having voidhole and stuff cutting missions down to half or even lower. Thats also a option for you.

For me i didnt care about ppl leaving, but i care about the much higher mission speed so i stop piloting my own and jumped into missions to ppl that already own it to get it faster for my rj.

Ppl will always go for the fastest way to skip a amount of time for grind, thats why we got rng layered drops (reactors and stuff), just to extend the amount of time we spent at rj cause otherwise there would be again no content left to play with...not the best option ... but what is the best option for ppl that want everything right now

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Larizu said:

Not having void hole for veil proxima is like not having your 3rd unlocked. People will even leave your Railjack if they join the mission and see it's not there.

And this in particular is real BS - seeing as how void hole only comes from veil enemies (I have yet to see a single one).

On 2020-01-12 at 5:26 AM, Shonaney said:

It is like jumping to pluto with a rank 0 frame, you need to be carried by others. Veil is doable without it, but yes ppl will leave cause they know there are alot of ppl around having voidhole and stuff cutting missions down to half or even lower. Thats also a option for you.

For me i didnt care about ppl leaving, but i care about the much higher mission speed so i stop piloting my own and jumped into missions to ppl that already own it to get it faster for my rj.

Ppl will always go for the fastest way to skip a amount of time for grind, thats why we got rng layered drops (reactors and stuff), just to extend the amount of time we spent at rj cause otherwise there would be again no content left to play with...not the best option ... but what is the best option for ppl that want everything right now

Maybe back then but r0 frames with high mastery rank you could be fully modded off the jump altho lacking abilities 

On 2020-01-11 at 4:05 PM, Rawbeard said:

remember when warframe abilities were mods? those combat avionics are basically the same. and bad for the same reasons. but hey, it's been a few years, so probably nobody remembered while submitting that design.

I feel the same way, have made the same point in some of the vidar reactor discussions. DE is very prone to repeating past mistakes that they should've learned from. Not to mention damage power scaling on these abilities as well (seeker volley in veil is sad).

Edited by Skaleek

1 hour ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

well on ps4 it still does damage, and i was hype for the changes untill people tested it and it was worse over all

have you used munition vortex yet? not sure if I should call it a scam or just disappointment prime.

what the #*!%... railjack would be seriously more entertaining as an archwing mode without having to babysit that hunk of junk

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

have you used munition vortex yet? not sure if I should call it a scam or just disappointment prime.

what the #*!%... railjack would be seriously more entertaining as an archwing mode without having to babysit that hunk of junk

the railjack guns do 100x more damage then archwing guns, the problem for me is that iaming the fornt guns with the ship is really hard on ps4

seeing 20 points of damage from an imperator, and 1000 from a railjack crit on the automatic railjack guns is silly

u also dont get one shot in the railjack ether, and can take on 15 fighters at once + a crew ship solo in vail proxima, where any archwing (save for ameshas 1) dies in a single hit from missiles

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

seeing 20 points of damage from an imperator, and 1000 from a railjack crit on the automatic railjack guns is silly

comparing a non crit to a crit is a bit dishonest. especially the imperator will have particle debuff stacked silly high in a second or two, while apoc is overheating. and no other rj gun has that essential debuff. and it makes a world of difference, even after the armor debuff.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

u also dont get one shot in the railjack ether

yes you do if you don't stack both armor avionics. and archwings have defensive powers that flat out negate hits. go amesha if you are lazy, but the others can also prevent being hit

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

comparing a non crit to a crit is a bit dishonest. especially the imperator will have particle debuff stacked silly high in a second or two, while apoc is overheating. and no other rj gun has that essential debuff. and it makes a world of difference, even after the armor debuff.

yes you do if you don't stack both armor avionics. and archwings have defensive powers that flat out negate hits. go amesha if you are lazy, but the others can also prevent being hit

they dont all work, sometimes the missiles bug and still hit u, say u odonada and use the flairs, u can still be killed, the missiles dont care sometimes

u can also get killed while doing the entering animation to crew ships by the missiles

and as for the armour mod, u can outright buy the highest tier in  the market of it for plat.... then u just have to farm the hp mod on earth, where ur going to farm titanium for mkIII gear anyways sooooo

and no u cant be one shot, except by the ship killer platform, even without the highest tier armor mod (zakti bulkhead) 

ps: odonada and elytron have no way to stop the fighters from killing them.... forget the missiles (the shield power on odonada isnt 360 so dont even try to justify it)

4 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

ps: odonada and elytron have no way to stop the fighters from killing them.... forget the missiles (the shield power on odonada isnt 360 so dont even try to justify it)

That's only a problem if you fly blindly into a huge swarm of fighters and expect to facetank everything like chroma. Fighters are easy, just fly backwards and shoot them as they approach you. It's the cruise liners that are the real threat. Homing, rapid-fire shots from 3 separate turrets which kill you in 4-5 hits, have a 30 second lifetime, a 360 degree lock angle and completely ignore flares.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

no way to stop the fighters from killing them

gotta say if you have an issue with fighters there is some work to be done on your archwing. while they can do decent damage if you stand still, it is nowhere near one shot kills from crew ships

Well, I think I have 5 void holes now so they are not that rare. I swear, nobody wants to work for anything. Everyone just wants everything handed to them. Just be patient and persistent or buy one. Besides, flying your own jack is over rated. I prefer to join other people's jacks even though mine is way more often than not much better. Sitting in the driver's seat gets old after a bit. Variety is the spice of life. 

On a side note...

On 2020-01-16 at 2:52 AM, Rawbeard said:

gotta say if you have an issue with fighters there is some work to be done on your archwing. while they can do decent damage if you stand still, it is nowhere near one shot kills from crew ships

You are wrong there. I am using a max armor max health Odonata Prime and I am often killed by trash before I can even omni. The damage the fighters do to arch wings is too high. Plus, they are too fast for our weapons considering most have a very limited range and are not hitscan. Railjack is not tuned for arch wings at all. In fact, if you are out there flying around trying to kill anything you are playing stupid at this point. Chances are that the only thing you are accomplishing is agroing the ships away from the pilot's void hole and pissing them off to no end. The only reason to be outside the railjack is to board a POI or crewship or maybe pop a healing bubble. 

2 hours ago, PapaPhysics said:

I am using a max armor max health Odonata Prime and I am often killed by trash before I can even omni.

that is odd, even when not paying attention and taking several hits I rarely droped to below 30% before being able to activate whatever bullS#&$ prevents all damage. and never got downed by fighters, only by crewships.
honestly it might be just some dumb RNG and I got lucky. who knows at this point