Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combining warframes/Modular warframe

ZackTheZeal

I think the title is kind of self-explanatory.

Like, what do you guys think a modular warframe would be like? If anything, it sounds like something akin to the Chroma warframe, where you had to combine pieces from different warframes for his blueprint.

And, in all seriousness: an Excalibur/Loki/Nekros warframe? That sounds pretty meta, hands-down. But, what combinations would you guys come up with, and what would you name it?

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, ZackTheZeal a dit :

Excalibur/Loki/Nekros warframe

What's about Saryn with Banshee's 2 and Trinity's 4 ?
Well, there are plenty of combo that would be OP, and it's the reason it will probably never happen. We can already break the game easily with what we have access to, so imagine how easy it would be if we could mix and match powers from different warframes.

Right now, warframe are balanced around their own power kit and have synergy between their ability, so I honestly think it wouldn't be a good idea.

• Like 5

I would take a combination of the passive ability Hildryn, 1, 2 ability Wisp, Rhino roar and razorwing. That's it, my perfect frame is ready.

Maybe I would have taken Polarize instead of Roar. You know, endless shields, endless razorwing.

Edited by zhellon

Ah yes, the most catastrophic and horrible idea that has ever plagued the forums strikes again. Zawframes are an absolute NO!

1. It takes away individuality from Warframes. They aren't mere weapons, they're characters with personalities.

2. Everyone would run X kit and nothing else. Balancing would be an utter nightmare. 

3. It's extremely unoriginal and unimaginative.

• Like 4

Instead of a Modular Warframe, because there is no way that would be balanced, a really good suggestion from the 500 or so past threads was this:

A modular Orokin Companion that your Operator can switch to while leaving their Warframe.

In this way you can have a base companion with two generic abilities like any other Companion, but you can install parts that will give it two other abilities that become available when your Operator Transfers into it.

Modular would mean that you could build that companion to have whatever two base abilities were available to it, the same way that Moas have multiple abilities that you can switch between because they're all Moas. On top of that you can install parts when creating it that would dictate its stats and what two Operator activated abilities would go in and would be customisable in that way.

It allows players that prefer Warframes to keep playing them, it means DE does not have to spend an insane amount of time setting up rebalanced versions of the abilities of other frames just for one frame to be able to pick-and-mix between them, and it also means that you would get to play with a modular designed character with four abilities of your choice (from a limited list) and even ignore your Warframe entirely if that was what you wanted.

See why that would work better than trying to do a Warframe for the purpose?

1 час назад, (XB1)Red Dough Boy сказал:

As cool as it would be, you'd potentially see mixes of something like Valkyr, Trinity, and Ivara. Invincibility, invisibility, and team healing powers.

Do you see how OP that would be?

Why? We just need Saryn mechanics and an energy vampire. OK, maybe a mesmer skin for endurance runs.

В 12.01.2020 в 00:42, ZackTheZeal сказал:

Like, what do you guys think a modular warframe would be like? If anything, it sounds like something akin to the Chroma warframe, where you had to combine pieces from different warframes for his blueprint.

And, in all seriousness: an Excalibur/Loki/Nekros warframe? That sounds pretty meta, hands-down. But, what combinations would you guys come up with, and what would you name it?

It would be an interesting idea, considering the enemy faction already has 7 of them. Yes, I am talking about the Stalker and his Acolytes here. They have mish-mash abilities of other existing warframes, as well as mixed appearances of said frames(i.e. Torment - Mesa Body, Stalker Helmet, Equinox Other Cosmetic, Mag1, Hydroid1, Hydroid2, Stalker5(Nulify)) .
What I'm thinking here is what if that happens, it's gonna be systematized kinda like this:

Спойлер

1. Parts: 3 parts - Systems, Chasis, Helmet - they decide for warframe's base stats(health/armor/shields/move speed/energy), aura polarity and compatible abilities. (so no crazy stuff like Energy Vampire + [Some Mass Damage 4th skill] + Vex Armor + Inaros' 2)
2.Stats: some stats, like health and shields should be allocatable, so we can choose between high health and high shields(in some cases, to be able to remove shields completely and just give us more of that juicy HP)
3. Abilities: All available Warframe abilities and passives. While abilities 1-3 can be chosen at any way and order you want, the Passive and the 4th skill should be only one. Abilities should be obtained in these lines: Step 1: obtain a level 30 warframe; Step 2: go to special vendor and place that warframe there for some time, to extract desired 2 normal abilities or one 4th skill (as Void Frequency or something). The warframe will be unavailable to you for the time of extraction. Step 3: take back your Warframe and obtain the Void Frequency with said abilities, so you can install them into your modular warframe. No extraction rushing available untill day 30 since feature's release! Some Void Frequences should be unique to modular warframes, and thus obtainable only from the Vendor mentioned above.
4. Crafting requirements: on top of new materials, modular warframe parts should require things like built parts of other warframes, kinda like Chroma did. No Equinox parts tho, cuz that'd be madness.
5. Appearance - should be able to use its own skins and helmets, as well as the ones Player has for other Warframes, including basic ones. You want manly flaming Atlas with Nidus' Phryke helmet? Or maybe you want Mag's elegant Helmet Piece on Wisp's gorgeous booty body with very thick tanky abilities? - Now you can have all of the above and even more!
6. Crafting ad Gilding: When you make a Warframe, on Step 1 you put all your parts together and allocate the stats, while on Step 2 you choose the Abilities to be installed to said warframe. Gilding - same as everything, you get better stats, you get 1 polarity of your choice, and now it looks better and has the name you gave it. Also gilding allows you to change warframe's abilities at any time you want by visiting said vendor and leaving your warframe to them for a period of time. However, you can only do this with the max ranked frame, and the said warframe's rank will be brought back down to 0.
7. Augments - most of the original augments should be compatable, as well as new ones should be released. Don't see any reasons for any restrictions here, other than require the warframe to have the ability that can use augment in question. (i.e. You can only use Chilling Globe, if Warframe was Built with Snow Globe ability)

Yup, that should wrap it all up. Sorry for this huge as heck wall of text. =P

Edited by KVenom

4 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Here comes my immortal melee damage machine:

Pick Inaros to get the stats.

Saryn skill 1.

Valkyr skill 2.

Mesa skill 3.

Saryn skill 4.

Do I need to explain why this would be so #*!%ing broken?

Nidus' Passive, Khora's 1, Loki's 2, Rhino's 3, Garuda's 4. For ability damage.

Wisp's Passive, Mirage's 1, Mag's 2, Volt's 3, Titania's 4. For weapon damage.

There's a few more...

I would wager it'd go the MOA route. I.e., they would take abilities not from extant Warframes, or abilities that just see very little use in current kits (Chroma's 1, for a potential example). Lore-wise, they can be lost Warframes whose parts were never entirely salvaged. Practically speaking, this could take from the proverbial ability bargain bin DE has, in all likelihood, crafted: the abilities that seem like neat ideas, but that just never got to fitting in a Warframe package. It also allows them to use a more generic theme, e.g. "Void-themed Warframes", so that one doesn't have a weird Frankenstein mish-mash of Frost and Saryn and Valkyr as some chilly virus berserker...uh, thing.

As others have mentioned, slapping together existing Warframe abilities can be stupidly broken if due care isn't taken.

And as for my selection - as long as I can use Equinox Prime's dual form, I don't care. Though if I could get her 1 and get 6 other abilities, I'd probably build them up with other abilities to match the offensive / defensive theme, like Mag's 2 and Wukong's 2, Rhino's 3 and Nezha's 3 , and Volt's 4 and Trinity's 4. Really tried not to use the same Warframe twice, there...

"It's going to result in everyone doing the same bland thing!"
*Everyone produces different answers.

But they are right in that being able to cherry pick the best skills, negates why the frames are balanced around those strengths and weaknesses in their kits. Though it's worth considering... the skills that get left behind by everyone may need to be addressed regardless. There are both positive and negative results here. Lich are the closest we can get to this (as you can have a follower with selected abilities) without an entire structural rework of all frame balance and individual ability.. which is not something DE is capable of. It may also be worth wondering, why it still comes up that people wish they could further alter aspects of frames more than what we have.

On 2020-01-11 at 10:42 PM, ZackTheZeal said:

Like, what do you guys think a modular warframe would be like?

Really bad idea with game balance as context. Would probably be fun though.

Modular archwings, for example, will not be able to select abilities. DE on one of the devstream said that the abilities will be tied to specific parts, such as the archwing reactor will give its ability.

The problem with warframes is that they have 3 parts for 4 abilities + passive. We need exactly 5 parts that will give their abilities. And of course, people will collect what is effective, as it was with kitgun. Modular warframes make little sense, because you still won't have much choice in how the warframe will work, what characteristics it will have, and what it will look like.

Edited by zhellon

On 2020-01-11 at 10:42 PM, ZackTheZeal said:

Skipping the toxic bandwagon...

Vauban, but remove his Photon Strike and put any good survivability skill instead (overshield, fast healing, DR, iron skin, Volt's shield, ...) cause that's what he needs/deserves

34 минуты назад, Tatann сказал:
Vauban, but remove his Photon Strike and put any good survivability skill instead (overshield, fast healing, DR, iron skin, Volt's shield, ...) cause that's what he needs/deserves

Photon strike is in a good place and can kill a level 9999 enemy. I think Vauban has other things that can be replaced.

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

Photon strike is in a good place and can kill a level 9999 enemy. I think Vauban has other things that can be replaced.

If using his other abilities correctly, anything Vauban brings with him can kill a 9999 enemy.

Yes, replace that damn boost pad, but if you wanted a damage function on Vauban I can think of far better than his current 3 ^^

3 hours ago, zhellon said:

Flechette can do it too.

Sure Horizontal Bounce is awful, but I wouldn't trade his 2 just to get rid of it.

Out of the 4 abilities, Photon Strike is the only one I don't use. Sure it looks kewl, but with hordes of enemies coming at you, Flechette is a better choice.

I would drop Photin Strike for a lot of other frames' 3rd ability (Volt, Frost, Nezha, Gara, Baruuk, Equinox, Chroma, Mesa, Nidus, Oberon, Trinity, Wukong, Zephyr), just for survivability sake