Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some of the weapons you dont see often or use ?

Tenno76856

Just occurred to me the other day, heaps of weapons in warframe, but some i either didnt know existed or rarely seen being used? (Well ok maybe some are unpopular for good reason). 

Hema (another thread just reminded me to ask ) - clan im in only has it partially researched and its a decent sized clan. (Mind you they didnt have Ignis wraith either) Whats it like? Is it worth it?

Pox?

Scoliac ? (Spelling)

Skiajati? ( sorry for the spelling).

Nunchukas , fist weapons,

Wish i could get my hands on reaper and glaive prime lol

Dont see many of bio/infested weapons in use .

Btw is the disposition for rivens indication whether weapon is popular?..

2 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Just occurred to me the other day, heaps of weapons in warframe, but some i either didnt know existed or rarely seen being used? (Well ok maybe some are unpopular for good reason). 

Hema (another thread just reminded me to ask ) - clan im in only has it partially researched and its a decent sized clan. (Mind you they didnt have Ignis wraith either) Whats it like? Is it worth it?

Pox?

Scoliac ? (Spelling)

To me I never seen people use the Stradavar P. And rivens work like this, the more popular a weapon is the least disposition it has

40 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Nunchukas

The Nunchucks stance got massacred so hard with the recent melee rework, it made me retire my Ninkondi in rage. (along with the Tatsu, Mios, Jat Kusar, and Anku, all for the same reasons and more)

Blade & Whips might as well just be Whips now, with the removal of quick attacks gutting half of their personality.

As for the topic of the thread - Pangolin Sword

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

43 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Hema is OK in my opinion, but Burst rifles are probably my least favourite type, the main thign it has going for it is infinite ammo, but that takes away the point of having a burst fire rifle as opposed to a fully automatic rifle: ammo conservation. Ignis Wraith is a very powerful primary that I still see quite often, hard to argue with such a powerful weapon that requires next to no aiming. even after they patched it going through walls, it's still strong.

46 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Pox?

Scoliac ? (Spelling)

don't apologise, you actually nailed the spelling on both!

Pox are kinda strong, but most people seem to prefer a point-and-shoot secondary, whereas thrown weapons like Pox have an Arc. they are really good though.

Scoliac used to be pretty good, back when Whips were Meta, but even then most people used Atterax for it's insane crits or Secura Lecta for extra Credits. haven't seen many use it since.

Skiajati is still out there, some people love and treasure their Umbra Excals and take the Skiajati with them. plus it's Umbral Polarities made it a great choice vs. Sentients (until Paracesis came along). also, it's a Nikana, and many players love Nikanas.

50 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

there was a period where myself and likely others used Tekko prime a bit while Atlas was the latest prime, but generally most meta-minded players want something with a bit more range, because they can reach, hit and kill enemies faster. there is however a kind of satisfaction that can only be gained by punching things really, really hard.. Nunchuks are alright as well, but I haven't used mine in a while.

52 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

look out for the Next Time Frost Prime and Ember Prime get unvaulted; Reaper Prime is one of Frost Prime's items, Glaive prime is one of Embers. if you have plat to spare, you might be able to buy their sets on trading for a reasonable price (if you're lucky).

54 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

I've seen a couple recently, players using a Lesion and a Pox. some people are really into the Infested look.

57 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

popularity appears to be one of, or even the main factor into dispositions, but recently DE made it so that upgraded variants of weapons have slightly lower dispositions compared to their vanilla counterparts. for example, the Lex Prime has a lower disposition than the standard Lex, because it doesn't need as much power from a Riven (and most people will also use the better variant of a weapon if they have it.)

28 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

I feel like I'm the only one that runs with the Ocucor from time to time. And I also see very few Glaives. (Though I think I know why that is...)

Nah, i run with Ocucor all the time. Be happy almost nobody uses it, riven disposition is sure to increase... 🙂 I use Synth bonus with mine, switching to melee for a couple of seconds when I'm about to run of ammo in magazine. Rest of the time homing viral tentacles of death melt everything in range:-) Glaives suck now, though... 

Most of my arsenal, frankly. Weapons I generally use myself are some of the meta set -  Plasmor, Catchmoon, Nik Prime, Gram Prime, Rubico, etc - plus Akstiletto and Aksomati  Prime, Braton Prime, Cyath Zaw, Broken War, Kuva Quartakk (my absolute favorite rifle at the moment), and occasionally Dual Cleavers.

Everything else mostly sits.

I never see glaives of any kind. No Bratons unless I brought it. Never noticed any secondary except Catchmoon, but in fairness most secondaries aren’t that distinctive.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

On 2020-01-12 at 12:28 AM, (PS4)Jacobivan said:

Nah, i run with Ocucor all the time. Be happy almost nobody uses it, riven disposition is sure to increase... 🙂 I use Synth bonus with mine, switching to melee for a couple of seconds when I'm about to run of ammo in magazine. Rest of the time homing viral tentacles of death melt everything in range:-) Glaives suck now, though... 

Pexilus mod really works for the Ocucor too. Eject mag is perfect for it.

Much of the weapons are MR fodder. In any looter shooter, there is always going to be plenty of garbage. On the melee side, I think we have decent variety. Primaries and secondaries not so much, but not terrible either. Overall, I think there is good variety. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Shhhhh...

Scindo Prime is rarely seen and functions  much better with the new Melee.

And Orthos And Tipedo Prime are also surprisingly rare.

Orthos prime is one of the strongest melee weapons, after the melee update. But, I am all for raising the riven disposition! Tipedo prime, not so much.

On 2020-01-11 at 9:25 PM, DarthIronclad said:

Strun Wraith for primary

Using Kuva Dubba Stubbs and sometimes Kuva Seer as secondary 

Jat Kursa for melee

I still run my strun wraith all the time, though my kuva quartakk has largely replaced it. 

I haven't seen a zarr in ages. 

I don't think I've ever seen a pandero in use. 

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a dual ichor or fragor since release. 

I haven't seen anybody use the War in years. Makes sense since the weapon still mains impact, for some reason, and there is nothing interesting about it. (The War really needs something to separate itself from other heavy blades).

Also ... haven't seen people use the Synapse, Duak Skana, Dual Keres, Phage, AkBronco (Prime).