Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee heavy attack revert! (Who asked for this)


(PSN)Zero-0-P
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is short a to the point. I LOVE the new melee system..... Just before they changed it so that heavy attacks are back on the melee as a hold. I don't know about anyone else but the faster the weapon the easier it is to accidentally do a heavy attack. I thought that was what the heavy attack button was for.... You know that it's bad when your "specter" is doing heavy attacks. Can we make it like the melee/gun choice(melee with fire weapon input) in options and turn it on or off that would be amazing. I don't rant much but it's driving me mad hahahaha (seriously though).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't mind holding melee for heavy attack a feature. What I hate is the fact that there's no way to prevent it from triggering. it doesn't even work all the time. Certain combos won't allow it to activate. My guess is DE mess up somewhere but can't figure out to get rid of hold melee for heavy attack. They just listed it as a feature. I mean "Old Blood" patch didn't have it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-11 at 8:25 PM, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

I don't mind holding melee for heavy attack a feature. What I hate is the fact that there's no way to prevent it from triggering. it doesn't even work all the time. Certain combos won't allow it to activate. My guess is DE mess up somewhere but can't figure out to get rid of hold melee for heavy attack. They just listed it as a feature. I mean "Old Blood" patch didn't have it.

If that's the case you figure out it back the way it was till you have a fix for it you know. I wouldn't mind as well if it wasn't so sensitive I mean it procs way to often (for me at least).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-11 at 8:56 PM, kapn655321 said:

And the ability to bind as secondary fire.

This is how it is on console...

I prefer the option to toggle it. I have a custom controller configuration so my right trigger is melee attack/fire and my right bumper is heavy attack/alt fire. Having the ability to hold to heavy attack is more harmful than helpful. More times than not i've accidentally held the attack too long thus tanking my combo counter down to zero.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XB1)DarkForceLegend said:

This is how it is on console...

I prefer the option to toggle it. I have a custom controller configuration so my right trigger is melee attack/fire and my right bumper is heavy attack/alt fire. Having the ability to hold to heavy attack is more harmful than helpful. More times than not i've accidentally held the attack too long thus tanking my combo counter down to zero.

On PC, people are looking for these three options. If all three are not met, it will be more of the same frustration in the end. "My heavy attack doesn't feel right."

I personally enjoy that holding melee result in heavy attack.. feels like it should. For me, it works like it should... but that's just me. If there were a slider, I might even use that to refine it just a touch.. but whether they add a toggle or a slider, people will have periphery keybindings that just won't feel right unless it's mapped to the button they want (secondary in this case.) Toggle is the easy option.. and we're hearing about that grief until it's solved.. then we'll hear the same grief about there not being a slider... and so on with secondary mapping.

I hope that everyone gets a solution they're happy with eventually. It's important I bring all three up for the sake of those frustrated people now and in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Middle Click is currently the designated heavy attack button. Try spamming E faster, or just use a macro like everyone did back in the old days. Personally, i've never had issues with accidentally proc'ing heavy attacks, but I digress. If you are unable to do the above, try a different stance, forma exists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's a lag(possibly input lag), and I think it's relatively recent(came with the new system).

I've had the problem since the heavy attack change. It's far worse with fast weapons, but really it'll happen to me with virtually anything.  At some point, it'll miss registering the key depress and, upon doing so it'll decide that means it's a hold.  I think that, basically, it's looking for a key depress in between attacks and if it didn't get one it proceeds into the heavy attack animation.

The reason I think it's related to missing key depress information being processed is because, In the last couple of weeks, I've also had it happen with automatic weapons.  I can start shooting and on occasion it'll keep shooting after letting up on the LMB and will continue to shoot until I press it again and get it to register that I had, in fact wanted to stop shooting.

My melee key is on my keyboard, so while I've no other indication that I have a hardware issue, I still couldn't safely rule it out until it started happening with other weapons as well, because my shoot is bound to left mouse button--given that either device can cause the issue, and given that both are competition quality pieces of hardware(a logitech 502 mouse and black widow mechanical tournament keyboard) that I wouldn't expect a failure from anyway, I think it rules hardware out as the cause.....or does it?

Given that both are capable of significantly higher than average numbers of button presses per second, it's also possible that I'm literally outrunning the games ability to register them, so its losing some.  It seems like this is also a possibility, especially since it's happening to others as well. 

A slider would probably fix this problem the best, but working around it with seperate keybinds would also be effective.

Edited by Thrymm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-16 at 8:09 PM, Curlyawesomeace said:

Middle Click is currently the designated heavy attack button. Try spamming E faster, or just use a macro like everyone did back in the old days. Personally, i've never had issues with accidentally proc'ing heavy attacks, but I digress. If you are unable to do the above, try a different stance, forma exists.

Ok, first my Specter heavy attacks as well, so how would you go about explaining that. Stance and forma have nothing to do with it at all. If you use fast weapons with fast animations that cause this to happen would your solution then be "use a slower weapon". The issue still remains. WMIT!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-17 at 2:08 AM, Thrymm said:

I've had the problem since the heavy attack change. It's far worse with fast weapons, but really it'll happen to me with virtually anything.  At some point, it'll miss registering the key depress and, upon doing so it'll decide that means it's a hold.  I think that, basically, it's looking for a key depress in between attacks and if it didn't get one it proceeds into the heavy attack animation.

I'll agree with this simply because when the heavy attack was a charge attack I NEVER had the issue, so I could see that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-16 at 8:19 PM, NoSpax said:

Both of them are fists, is there something wierd on those weapons?

Does you specter do that with the Korrudo, too?

No I haven't, however I only bring up the fact that my specter is doing heavy attacks because my specter is doing heavy attacks. I think it's cool but it also shows that there is something wrong as well and that's why I pointed it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-01-16 at 1:40 PM, kapn655321 said:


I personally enjoy that holding melee result in heavy attack.. feels like it should. For me, it works like it should... but that's just me.

I like having the heavy attack on my secondary. To me that makes more sense as most games where you fight have a different button for your heavy attacks. 

However that isn't the issue, it's that no matter how fast I hit the melee button I seem to do heavy attacks inadvertently. Now this may be do to the fact that my attack speed is high as a kite and I'll concede to that being the case if that is the case. However it does expose a issue with the system for anyone who has a fast attack speed (again if that is the issue).

That is what this post is about for me. I know people complain and will always complain. However I'm talking about a fix to a issue that isn't because I don't like how it feels but because it's not working as intended. That why I make mention of my specter heavy attacking because yes it's cool but I don't think it's intended. Which means there is a issue with how it works as a whole or with certain weapons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero-0-P said:

However I'm talking about a fix to a issue

So was I, when I mentioned players want
A) a Toggle
B) a sensitivity slider
C) ability to map to secondary fire.
In my first post.

I'm not in opposition to you here, bub. That's why I said, "that's just me." My first post was the suggestions. The second post was not to overwrite or diminish those suggestions or their validity in any way, whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I'm not in opposition to you here, bub. That's why I said, "that's just me." My first post was the suggestions. The second post was not to overwrite or diminish those suggestions or their validity in any way, whatsoever.

Ok calm down Logan, I to meant nothing by it I honestly wasn't coming for you. Sadly enough I felt your response coming!

 

On 2020-01-16 at 1:40 PM, kapn655321 said:

Toggle is the easy option.. and we're hearing about that grief until it's solved.. then we'll hear the same grief about there not being a slider... and so on with secondary mapping.

Yes I saw this! 

 

On 2020-01-16 at 1:40 PM, kapn655321 said:


I hope that everyone gets a solution they're happy with eventually. It's important I bring all three up for the sake of those frustrated people now and in the future.

And this!

Nonetheless my apologies that post wasn't all for you, however I did use your post to express a full line of thought. I meant no harm you can put your claws away we are good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...