Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concentrated Arrow buff

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

it's already pretty good, it gives what can be a large AoE to a Warframe that normally doesn't have AoE Damage.
sacrificing Single / low Target Damage in order to hit potentially a pretty wide area instead. 

Well at the very least, the extra crit chance and explosion should just be that. No need for requiring a headshot, since you can't even get headshots if enemies are facing a certain way half the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Well at the very least, the extra crit chance and explosion should just be that. No need for requiring a headshot, since you can't even get headshots if enemies are facing a certain way half the time.

Ivara has control tools, shrug. and you'd want to shoot Enemies in the Head or some other Weakpoint anyways, you do so much more Damage there that shooting elsewhere is kinda pointless unless the Enemies are Low Level and the amount of Damage you do is unimportant.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Ivara has control tools, shrug. and you'd want to shoot Enemies in the Head or some other Weakpoint anyways, you do so much more Damage there that shooting elsewhere is kinda pointless unless the Enemies are Low Level and the amount of Damage you do is unimportant.

Look, I only just now found out that the bonus was only activated on headshots and I'm sad okay!

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Look, I only just now found out that the bonus was only activated on headshots and I'm sad okay!

you can capitalize on it too, even! Prowl has a Headshot Multiplier, Navigator has a finna dumb Damage Multiplier - so if you fly the Arrow around the map for a bit and then Headshot something, you'll get some silly big numbers from the Explosion. ^.^

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

you can capitalize on it too, even! Prowl has a Headshot Multiplier, Navigator has a finna dumb Damage Multiplier - so if you fly the Arrow around the map for a bit and then Headshot something, you'll get some silly big numbers from the Explosion. ^.^

You do know that expending more energy using Navigator and/or Sleep Arrow just to make a bad augment work better than the default Artemis isn't saying much for the augment.  

I still say the augment is a Nerf because it's not a concentrated arrow with all the power of Artemis but a single arrow.  

I was originally gonna recreate my Concentrated Arrow build on Ivara Prime but realized I would better off just using the Lenz and keeping normal Artemis without the augment.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DatDarkOne said:

You do know that expending more energy using Navigator and/or Sleep Arrow just to make a bad augment work better than the default Artemis isn't saying much for the augment.  

I still say the augment is a Nerf because it's not a concentrated arrow with all the power of Artemis but a single arrow.

it's just an option. presumably for Enemies that aren't currently within LoS ofcourse.

*shrug* Enemies that are in a general area rather than in a line is the usage case for its AoE in terms of efficiency.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

it's just an option. presumably for Enemies that aren't currently within LoS ofcourse.

*shrug* Enemies that are in a general area rather than in a line is the usage case for its AoE in terms of efficiency.

Oh I understand.  It's just that I really wanted to like the augment.  Even after crafting a 3rd Ivara so I could make a build specifically catering to the augment, I still can't justify recommending it for anything other than possibly silly fun.  Not as an option for serious play with a group or stealth gameplay.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Oh I understand.  It's just that I really wanted to like the augment.  Even after crafting a 3rd Ivara so I could make a build specifically catering to the augment, I still can't justify recommending it for anything other than possibly silly fun.  Not as an option for serious play with a group or stealth gameplay.  

Pretty much, I too have an Ivara with a dedicated meme build 😕 . I also wanted to like it but every time I think about taking it to something like arbs it just doesn't feel right (not even considering the arb drones). Artemis is an awesome weapon while Concentrated Arrow feel like (at best) a side-grade, that takes up a slot, and requires a whole build centered around it.

You can "make" Concentrated Arrow work, but that's kind of like saying you could also "make" a melee centered Ivara work too 😕 .

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I was originally gonna recreate my Concentrated Arrow build on Ivara Prime but realized I would better off just using the Lenz and keeping normal Artemis without the augment.

That's kind of the thing too. You can just use the Lenz without making a build centered around using the Lenz.

• Like 1

Concentrated Arrow is decent though the requirements and results are a bit steep.

I feel since the bow buff though that both versions of Artemis bow are a bit lacking.

The normal version should be fairly simple. Just remove the shotgun mechanics and give each arrow it's own status chance. Maybe bring the base damage up a bit. Done. Easy. I mentioned a while back an easy way to improve Concentrated Arrow. Just give it Charge multipliers like normal bows have and allow it to be affected by Power Strength. Done, Easy. Personally I'd prefer Status chance on the AoE over Crit chance but then it would be better as Heat than Blast damage.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

allow it to be affected by Power Strength.

It already is effected by power strength.  It's just hard to notice because of the single arrow being effectively about 1/7 to 1/14 the power of normal Artemis.  Luckily you can double the damage output of CA while in Prowl.  But you can do this with any weapon with Ivara, so it's not really anything special to CA.  

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

give each arrow it's own status chance

I think they already do.  It's just hard to tell sometimes.  Same with Crit chance and thunderbolt chances.  Artemis is just one of the few weapons where you can see the direct effect of more multishot which translates into more arrows without a decrease in power for each.  

While I think you already know most of this Xzorn, I went into detail for those reading later who might not know.  😄  

4 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

It already is effected by power strength.  It's just hard to notice because of the single arrow being effectively about 1/7 to 1/14 the power of normal Artemis.  Luckily you can double the damage output of CA while in Prowl.  But you can do this with any weapon with Ivara, so it's not really anything special to CA.  

I think they already do.  It's just hard to tell sometimes.  Same with Crit chance and thunderbolt chances.  Artemis is just one of the few weapons where you can see the direct effect of more multishot which translates into more arrows without a decrease in power for each.  

While I think you already know most of this Xzorn, I went into detail for those reading later who might not know.  😄  

I meant the draw strength multiplier affected by Power to put the Concentrated into Concentrated Arrow. If they wanted to get fancy they could add the ability to hold up to 5 seconds or so at the expense of extra energy but do bonus damage. Right now it's just a highly conditional Lenz with better radius.

Concentrated gets the full status chance but I'm pretty sure normal Artemis suffers the same as Cernos Prime. Haven't checked in a long time but I'm betting on DE being just too lazy to make any exception for innate multishot weapons.

49 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I meant the draw strength multiplier affected by Power to put the Concentrated into Concentrated Arrow.

That would make it much better.

49 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I'm pretty sure normal Artemis suffers the same as Cernos Prime.

Cernos Prime splits all of it's stats (including damage) between the arrows.  Normal Artemis isn't like that.  Each Arrow has it's on stats and chances for crit/status.  It's easier to see when something like Thunderbolt mod is used.  Each arrow has the chance to proc the explosion which allows normal Artemis to have multiple explosions at the same time.