Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Three Elemental on Riven?

kwlingo

Question

Sorry I don't have a photo of the riven. I had one but re-rolled it because just swapping the location of the riven made the elements mix differently. It was not the order or % damage of the elements from what I tested. What is the algorithm on figuring out which procs together or first?

Edited by kwlingo

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

Rivens combine the Elementals from bottom up, rather than the top down that you're expecting. that's what is confusing you.

Hum didn't not know that. How come when I placed the elemental mod in front or back of the mod the mixes changed also? So does that mod get added on top when before the riven and bottom after the riven? Seemed like nothing was making sense. Also equipping one of the elements on the riven changed the mix also placing them before and after.

14 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Hum didn't not know that. How come when I placed the elemental mod in front or back of the mod the mixes changed also?

it's the same as having 3 Elemental Mods in one Slot. maybe i should make a visual aid for this.

NFvhxJ8.png

so, in this scenario, you would have Magnetic, Gas.
everything combines the same way as it normally would - to make it easier to visualize, in your mind rotate the Riven Clockwise 90°.

and since the same rules apply - once you use an Elemental Type once, you can't use it again, you'll simply have more of what you already made.
a Riven can't give you the capability to make say, Corrosive, Gas, Viral on a Weapon. if you had 3 instances of Toxin, it would all be used for the first Combined Elemental you made on the Weapon.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-12 at 5:16 AM, taiiat said:

and since the same rules apply - once you use an Elemental Type once, you can't use it again, you'll simply have more of what you already made.
a Riven can't give you the capability to make say, Corrosive, Gas, Viral on a Weapon. if you had 3 instances of Toxin, it would all be used for the first Combined Elemental you made on the Weapon.

i wonder how a 3 elemental riven would act like on Shedu. 

6 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

This just made me think about a 3 elemental on a Plague Riven with the Viral, you could 6 status on a CO build. Too bad CO isn't OP like back than

8 hours ago, tzadquiel said:

unfortunately, just the same way as normal, nothing really all that interesting.

it would be really cool if Elemental Rivens could let you uget more Damage Types on simultaneously, though that would be breaking game rules so it's not actually a good idea, just sounds cool on paper.

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Too bad CO isn't OP like back than

it's still one of the best Damage Mods in the game, and in almost all possible situations not Equipping Condition Overload is just dumb - so that's kinda what it is, in a way, technically?

Edited by taiiat

21 hours ago, kwlingo said:

This just made me think about a 3 elemental on a Plague Riven with the Viral, you could 6 status on a CO build. Too bad CO isn't OP like back than

yeah that is what I am thinking. 3 elemental riven on exergis could give you 6 diff procs too. if not 7

Edited by tzadquiel
stacking the procs I mean. I dont give a s*** about CO