Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RTX 2080 raytracing warframe??? techies???

o1517

Question

Hi all fellow tenno. My PC system is grumbling a lot lately, Can play Warframe decently though. Any ways getting all parts to build a new PC :). My Q is will my Warframe game benefit from it as all I have been using is an old but good Nvidia 1030 card. Win 10 runs ok i guess, will the game benefit from its use. Any info thansk. 🙂

4 answers to this question

I highly doubt Warframe will be getting Raytracing before the next generation of RTX cards are out at minimum. If it would get it at all. DE used to use  Nvidia Physx but removed that in-place of their own particle system.

Basically until "raytracing" is available for all cards at a fairly reasonable price I doubt DE will even attempt to work on that sort of feature. And even if they used another technique a 2080 would not be needed to use it.

i understand, my PC is on its last legs. Trying to future proof for a couple years. Work/family/gaming rig. :)  Thought of Nvidia 1060 but 2080 seems way of future for couple years. Nothing fancy just solid PC with a couple of RGB blinky lights :)

19 minutes ago, o1517 said:

i understand, my PC is on its last legs. Trying to future proof for a couple years. Work/family/gaming rig. 🙂 Thought of Nvidia 1060 but 2080 seems way of future for couple years. Nothing fancy just solid PC with a couple of RGB blinky lights 🙂

I hope you find what you're looking for but please keep in mind, future-proofing does not exist. 

A lot of it depends on your budget for building a new PC.

An RTX 2080 is pretty expensive; while Warframe doesn't have any ray-tracing effects or RTX-only features, an RTX 2080 should futureproof you for quite some time (for example, I have a GTX 1080 in my Desktop, and despite it being a 3.5 year old GPU, it does not have any trouble running even the latest games at high/highest settings at Full HD (1920x1080) resolutions).

If you don't want to spend $700 on a GPU though, the RTX 2070 ($450) and RTX 2070 Super ($500) are cheaper alternatives that are still more powerful than the GTX 1080 ($540) while only being marginally less performance than the RTX 2080 (by about 5~15%).

If $450~700 is still too much, Nvidia does have an RTX 2060 ($350~400) line that is about 20~30% worse performance than the RTX 2080 that is about on par with a GTX 1080.