Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do not release a Mk IV tier of Railjack Components

schilds

I think it’s inevitable. One tier per proxima, and soooooo many potential proximas waiting for us to shoot 90 fighters and destroy 6 bigger ships.

from factions alone I think we’re looking at at least 12 tiers 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

Because warframe is now turning into inventory simulator.

Now after every mission you have to spend a few minutes going through all the useless junk you collected

This is the worst part of assasins creed odysey and its disappointing warframe developers thought this was a good idea in game design.

Im angry at this! because its all nonsense thats designed to remove me from the gameplay!

Edited by CarrotSalad
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Now after every mission you have to spend a few minutes going through all the useless junk you collected

the only reason to do it after EVERY mission would be if you get MORE than 15 per mission so you dont lose any
or if you pull a vidar reactor and wanna start that build
or if youre holding onto a lotta junk you should scrap, but are suffering from BIMNIL

but for the most part doing it after EVERY mission is excessive and unnecessary 

that being said i would like a higher cap on wreckage, even just 40 or 50 would be great

1 hour ago, CandyManCriminal said:

the only reason to do it after EVERY mission would be if you get MORE than 15 per mission so you dont lose any
or if you pull a vidar reactor and wanna start that build
or if youre holding onto a lotta junk you should scrap, but are suffering from BIMNIL

but for the most part doing it after EVERY mission is excessive and unnecessary 

that being said i would like a higher cap on wreckage, even just 40 or 50 would be great

Actually, I do it every mission to keep this crap straight.  It's alarming how much stuff much mostly similar stuff you can acquire quickly, and if you don't keep it screened it's way too easy to accidentally sell off the one you where saving to repair or compare(in my case, simply the best stat weapon of each type, though I haven't repaired them yet because they simply aren't worth it until they've been balanced in some way), or whatever instead of just junk.  Of course, lots of it is just junk and most can be easily discarded, but because it simply dumps it all together in a pile you'll need to sort that one or four pieces you where actually holding onto out of it every time---easy with three or four drops, not so great if you let twenty stack onto it before dealing with it.

If it sorted your things in an order that made some kind of sense, or outright put hold tags on them(especially avionics, it shows equipped, sure, but why the hell would I scrap the one I have equipped without so much as a prompt?  Surely it's rare that anyone would be doing this as a matter of course) I could let it pile up, but as is, I don't dare because I'll be stuck with a half hour of "paperwork" to get it done if I do.

6 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

One tier per proxima, and soooooo many potential proximas waiting for us to shoot 90 fighters and destroy 6 bigger ships.

Now that's just silly.  The next one will be 120 fighters and 8 bigger ships.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CandyManCriminal said:

Well, if you wanted the same guns on side turrets as pilot, you'd need two copies of each. If you want all guns from all three houses to compare, that's 30 pieces of wreckage already, if you haven't crafted any.

I presently have 21/30 Wreckage Slots occupied, and am too short of Asterite and Titanium to finish the repairs I have in progress.

(There's also no option to cancel a repair and scrap the item instead, which today became annoying. I just got Engines better than the ones I'm only 85% of the way to funding repair for, so that's a slot I can't now free up with impunity.)

5 hours ago, CandyManCriminal said:

Also, what is BIMNIL?

I Googled it, but learned only that "Bomus Bimnil is on Facebook", which is probably not relevant.

Edited by OmegaVoid
Punctuation. I am punctilious.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Ham_Grenabe:

I think it’s inevitable. One tier per proxima, and soooooo many potential proximas waiting for us to shoot 90 fighters and destroy 6 bigger ships.

from factions alone I think we’re looking at at least 12 tiers 

Nah next Proxima will all Exterminate Missions with 120 Fighters and 12 Crew Ships. Same boring pattern as the previous Proximas.

There are Corpus,Infested,Sentient and Corrupted(also along with possible future new factions)...and they can very much get their own set of proximas

and each faction prob will have its own set of weapons and resourses too...

on top of higher tiered proxemics for each of the factions too...

They did say they are gonna to expand RJ monthly during Tenno VIP last year if i am not wrong...have a feeling how that is gonna end up...many prob wont like it.

Hate to say this...but still gonna play it....may have found my guilty pleasure in this game...intentional or not...(or maybe is just a case of Stockholm syndrome)

8 hours ago, CandyManCriminal said:

Interesting. Didn't really think about it, but we need for shields, engines and reactors, I'm thinking 6 is okay by me?

Then we need for the different houses on the weapons. So photor, pulsar, cryo, carcinox, and apoc. Right now my personal bimnil has only kicked in for the cryos, carcinox and one photor.... And maybe a pulsar.... And maybe an apoc... in case they nerf the cryo-carci combo. So that's maybe another 7? (Cryo and carci by 2 houses each) 

So thats maybe 15 of the 30? 

9 hours ago, CarrotSalad said:

Because warframe is now turning into inventory simulator. Now after every mission you have to spend a few minutes going through all the useless junk you collected.

This right here is the primary reason I hate RNG loot in video games. It's the same reason I dreaded returning to town in Diablo games or returning to the Base of Operation in Division games - because it means half an hour of sorting inventory, comparing numbers, scrapping items, building items and generally doing boring, min/max stuff. It's why I'd only ever do that once my inventory filled up - to space out the unpleasant accounting as much as possible. Unfortunately, Railjack offers a fairly small inventory of items since DE seem allergic to paying for server hosting, meaning I still have to do that every 3-4 missions.

DE wanted Warframe to be more like The Division, more like Diablo, more like Path of Exile, more like your run of the mill "looter" game. They didn't quite manage to replicate the positives of those titles, but they sure as hell managed to nail the majority of the negatives. Why did we need RNG loot again?

*edit*
On topic: DE shot themselves in the foot with the MK system altogether. In no other place in the game do we ever have linear upgrades for items. Sure, there are a few MK1 weapons, presumably so new players have a cheap way to gain some weapon diversity and a taste of the broader game, but that's it. MAYBE we can count Primed variants of weapons and Warframes as a MK2, but even then there's no real superiority once you throw Prisma/Wraith/Vandal weapons into the mix. With Railjack, we've removed all pretence and just gone with linear upgrades. Cannon, Cannon +1, Cannon +2, etc. While that's fine on paper, it has the same issue that standard looter shooters do - it's easier to be power-levelled through the progression system than to work yourself there. The Division had the same issue. As soon as a player hit level 30, they could join a friend fighting World Tier 5, get World Tier 5 gear and jump up 200 Gear Score immediately. No point going through World Tiers 1-4.

What, pray tell, is my motivation to bother with a MK1 Apoc and then a MK2 Apoc when I can join people running Veil Proxima, get a lot of high-level resources and just build a MK3 straight away. My own ship is going to suck for the most part anyway, so I might as well go play on levelled-up ships and go straight into end game? I mean, MAYBE if individual Turrets were easy to earn as long as you have the previous Tier, but even that's not the case. I have to grind my ass off just for a Turret or a Shield array, so what's the point of doing once for each MK when I can do it just once for MK3?

Edited by Steel_Rook
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

Well, if you wanted the same guns on side turrets as pilot, you'd need two copies of each. If you want all guns from all three houses to compare, that's 30 pieces of wreckage already, if you haven't crafted any.

I presently have 21/30 Wreckage Slots occupied, and am too short of Asterite and Titanium to finish the repairs I have in progress.

(There's also no option to cancel a repair and scrap the item instead, which today became annoying. I just got Engines better than the ones I'm only 85% of the way to funding repair for, so that's a slot I can't now free up with impunity.)

Also, what is BIMNIL?

I Googled it, but learned only that "Bomus Bimnil is on Facebook", which is probably not relevant.

BIMNIL is But I Might Need It Later

6 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

What, pray tell, is my motivation to bother with a MK1 Apoc and then a MK2 Apoc when I can join people running Veil Proxima, get a lot of high-level resources and just build a MK3 straight away. My own ship is going to suck for the most part anyway, so I might as well go play on levelled-up ships and go straight into end game? I mean, MAYBE if individual Turrets were easy to earn as long as you have the previous Tier, but even that's not the case. I have to grind my ass off just for a Turret or a Shield array, so what's the point of doing once for each MK when I can do it just once for MK3?

I'm pretty sure this is the point except you don't build mk3 parts out of a ton of veil proxima resources. Building turrets out of resources available around Earth Proxima makes it look even more like the point. Mk 2 salvage can be acceptable too and builds without needing the titanium you're saving for mk 3 gear. Current players get to scratch our way through progression, but followig players can expect to follow the Dread Pirate Roberts path to a powerful ship. 

I would not be surprised if they do eventually release mk 4 gear and basically make all mk 3 gear useless and probably gate it behind raids or something. Or if they keep cranking out proximas until you fight lv90-100 fighters. I don't think they will increase the ground enemy level much from where it is now tho, at least i hope not as they are already in the range where a ton of weapons and frames are basically unusable against them.

In either case i hope they won't go the route of the gear treadmill as that makes farming out the good stuff just be a complete waste of time. Just get something good enough and leave it at that until the next round of gear comes around and turns your gear into trash that needs to be replaced along with basically invalidating all previous missions etc as they wont be dropping what you need anyway. This kind of thing is really what killed an MMO i used to play, once you got to raid tier gear you could basically forget about the rest of the game as nothing worth using would drop anywhere but in raids. And since the raids were hard and required coordination to a level that doesn't exist in warframe that drove a lot of people off eventually. Id hate to see the same happen to railjack.

14 hours ago, Zalabim said:

I'm pretty sure this is the point except you don't build mk3 parts out of a ton of veil proxima resources. Building turrets out of resources available around Earth Proxima makes it look even more like the point. Mk 2 salvage can be acceptable too and builds without needing the titanium you're saving for mk 3 gear. Current players get to scratch our way through progression, but followig players can expect to follow the Dread Pirate Roberts path to a powerful ship. 

That's kind of my point, though - it's incredibly short-sighted. Yeah, it might keep people busy for the first few weeks/months after Railjack's release, but a year from now? Two years? You're creating a boar anchor around the neck of the entire system. Any new weapon added to the game now has to have a Sigma, a Vidar, a Lavan and a Zetki version for all three MKs. That's 12 new Turrets just to add a single new Turret to the game, most of which people aren't going to want anyway. The beauty of Warframe's current firearms system is that at least for the most part, the majority of weapons are worth using. Sure, some suck and not all are viable for "end game," but all of them seem to be designed to be kinda equally viable. The Lato's not a great pistol, but I can still build it decent with my "end game" mods collection. I don't need a Lato MK2, MK3, MK4, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw DE drop that entire concept a year from now once they've had a chance to work on Railjack and started understanding the amount of extra work they've given themselves.

Most of the different versions are just transformations of the basic turret, so it's less work than you might think. Mk1s are 80% more damage. Mk2s add 70% more to that. Mk3s add 60% on top of the rest. Then lavan has 40% more status chance, vidar has 40% more crit chance, zetki has 50% more damage, 100% more heat, and then the only part that looks chosen is whether zetki has 50% more crit, status, or both. The actual growth of crit and status chance looks hand modified, but is close to conforming to taking the lavan and vidar bonus from the previous tier. It's still a lot of data, but maybe I should say it takes less design or less thinking than you may think.