Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mars needs rework badly for new players...

(XBOX)UwU0Senpai2

Mars has been the most boring of all planets in the solar system. New tenno have fun and enjoy the planets until Mars. I've seen so many people drop the game at Mars for it's boring design. They feel like it will be like this for all the other planets and do not continue. I understand Mars is not a complex place in reality, but this is Warframe.

●I suggest huge craters they compromise of caverns in the other walls of the craters, like a hive but for Grineer. This would lead to even more designs if Infested were to ever be in these missions.

●Make the rock textures more complex and not the same all around 

●LT Lech Kril needs to be understood more on how to defeat. There is no clear way to understand him at all to new players. There is no clear visual representation or support on defeating this boss. I suggest Ordis would tell the tenno his weak point instead of just having the tenno shoot at him till something happens. 

●To make the planet more special, there should be sand storms that engulf the planet in certain missions or certain times like Cetus and Orb Vallis.

●(Optional)Grineer should be in search for water as they are in control of the planet. Thus, make Grineer water extractors as props throughout the levels.

●Lighting needs to be adjusted optimally 

(General standpoint) Anything else that would make the levels more complex, interesting, and fun for new players would greatly be profitable for DE. As a veteran, I am tired of having to boost friends through mars. DE please. At least notice this post and think about this. Look at the levels and hear me out 

●Any other feedback from other tenno would be greatly appreciated 

14 minutes ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

LT Lech Kril needs to be understood more on how to defeat.

I've been saying that for years. If there is 1 positive aspect of this, it's that at least for 1 mission (and others like it),
people are encourages to cooperate and teach/learn as a party. Honestly, that has been effective at times in that exact result.
I think though, if the rest of the intent is, it's trying to be mysterious, puzzling, have to figure it out for yourself, not be inherently easy..
then it's missed the mark there. People look it up on Youtube and call DE stupid instead. That's the other side of that coin.

I'd like to know how to make it confusing enough to encourage the first part, without making it convoluted enough to cause the second.

Maybe you should edit your title, it sounds like you're saying Mars is hard for new players.

For me persoanally I never seen people quit the game at Mars because of the design and i've been playing for almost 2 years and helped around about 7 people through the game including 2 of my friends.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I've been saying that for years. If there is 1 positive aspect of this, it's that at least for 1 mission (and others like it),
people are encourages to cooperate and teach/learn as a party. Honestly, that has been effective at times in that exact result.
I think though, if the rest of the intent is, it's trying to be mysterious, puzzling, have to figure it out for yourself, not be inherently easy..
then it's missed the mark there. People look it up on Youtube and call DE stupid instead. That's the other side of that coin.

I'd like to know how to make it confusing enough to encourage the first part, without making it convoluted enough to cause the second.

I completely agree. It is puzzling I admit but at the same time when you are doing greyed out 0 damage and you are new, you would feel like you arent doing anything, the game is broken, this is stupid etc. The sentients were given clear understanding how to defeat from Lotus but didnt tell you that void damage resets them. It's not a completely easy win specially when the boss is decently hard in that range of MR. 

• Like 1

I can only say I've never heard any kind of complaints from new players about the Mars tileset.

Like, you go from forests and underwater bases and space ships and snowy techy landscapes and asteroids to a dessert desert planet,
that ... just seems nicely varied to me, boring is hardly the first qualification that comes to mind. *shrug*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

LT Lech Kril needs to be understood more on how to defeat

Lech Kril? The boss who very obviously takes no damage normally, with the glowing pipes on his back (the same shine that boxes have)? I had more problems as a new player facing Jackal.

Make the rock textures more complex and not the same all around 

You say this as though the textures aren't already different, at least on different tiles and within a single tile. If you bring this argument against Mars/Phobos, you can bring it against literally any tileset at all, including those released far more recently (such as Jupiter 3.0 or the new tileset for Railjack). The similar colours are to promote the theme of the tileset, and I think it works great.

New tenno have fun and enjoy the planets until Mars. I've seen so many people drop the game at Mars for it's boring design.

Maybe you just play with people who want something new after ~50h of gameplay? It can't be for Mars' boring design, because Mars' design isn't boring.

10 hours ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

Mars has been the most boring of all planets in the solar system. New tenno have fun and enjoy the planets until Mars. I've seen so many people drop the game at Mars for it's boring design. They feel like it will be like this for all the other planets and do not continue. I understand Mars is not a complex place in reality, but this is Warframe.

●I suggest huge craters they compromise of caverns in the other walls of the craters, like a hive but for Grineer. This would lead to even more designs if Infested were to ever be in these missions.

●Make the rock textures more complex and not the same all around 

●LT Lech Kril needs to be understood more on how to defeat. There is no clear way to understand him at all to new players. There is no clear visual representation or support on defeating this boss. I suggest Ordis would tell the tenno his weak point instead of just having the tenno shoot at him till something happens. 

●To make the planet more special, there should be sand storms that engulf the planet in certain missions or certain times like Cetus and Orb Vallis.

●(Optional)Grineer should be in search for water as they are in control of the planet. Thus, make Grineer water extractors as props throughout the levels.

●Lighting needs to be adjusted optimally 

(General standpoint) Anything else that would make the levels more complex, interesting, and fun for new players would greatly be profitable for DE. As a veteran, I am tired of having to boost friends through mars. DE please. At least notice this post and think about this. Look at the levels and hear me out 

●Any other feedback from other tenno would be greatly appreciated 

Uh.. The bases that you go to are already like "craters" and sandstorms do exist at the boundaries of some tiles indicating that the area is out of bounds IIRC. 

There are tilesets with Grineer machinery scattered about, with pipes. I don't know what purpose they're supposed to serve, but perhaps you can think of them as water extractors. 

As for the rock textures, did you know that there are items hidden at various parts of the rock for you to find? Unless you have found all of them, I suspect that you haven't paid as much attention to the walls as you think you have. 

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh.. The bases that you go to are already like "craters" and sandstorms do exist at the boundaries of some tiles indicating that the area is out of bounds IIRC. 

There are tilesets with Grineer machinery scattered about, with pipes. I don't know what purpose they're supposed to serve, but perhaps you can think of them as water extractors. 

As for the rock textures, did you know that there are items hidden at various parts of the rock for you to find? Unless you have found all of them, I suspect that you haven't paid as much attention to the walls as you think you have. 

Kuva scannable yes. And crater as in a huge one. Not hills or valleys. And those pipes are everywhere. I'm talking about making Mars more interesting. Not using whatever it already has because of your opinion of you view mars. I'm just starting a suggestion. Also the sandstorm should be on the map. Like a weather on orb or cetus. That's what I mean

Edited by (XB1)UwU0Senpai2
Added more detail

14 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Lech Kril? The boss who very obviously takes no damage normally, with the glowing pipes on his back (the same shine that boxes have)? I had more problems as a new player facing Jackal.

You say this as though the textures aren't already different, at least on different tiles and within a single tile. If you bring this argument against Mars/Phobos, you can bring it against literally any tileset at all, including those released far more recently (such as Jupiter 3.0 or the new tileset for Railjack). The similar colours are to promote the theme of the tileset, and I think it works great.

Maybe you just play with people who want something new after ~50h of gameplay? It can't be for Mars' boring design, because Mars' design isn't boring.

On xbox there is no hint where to hit him at all. I dont know what you mean but shining part. Also you say mars isnt boring in your opinion. And at least in snowy planets it's not all snow. Mars is literally nothing but sand and reddish rock. And I'm not saying they should change the whole map. I understand quite clearly it has a theme but the theme is bland. That is what I'm trying to say. And also Jackal got nerfed. He is 2x easier than his original.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, (XB1)UwU0Senpai2 said:

Kuva scannable yes. And crater as in a huge one. Not hills or valleys. And those pipes are everywhere. I'm talking about making Mars more interesting. Not using whatever it already has because of your opinion of you view mars. I'm just starting a suggestion. Also the sandstorm should be on the map. Like a weather on orb or cetus. That's what I mean

Kuria. Minor difference. 

Wouldn't a large enough crater just look like a ring of hills? 

Your suggestion is to add something to extract subterranean water. The machinery with all the pipes suggest that this already exists. You're acting as though you're upset that they already had what you proposed. 

And you need to remember mars doesnt have a free roam area. So weather effects aren't going to be like what those have, but the sandstorm is there.