Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Flight in Railjack is Extremely disappointing

HamletEagle

3 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

It's a location that allows you to learn the RJ/AW flight mechanics.  What did you think it would be?

Well I expected something like Orb Vallis / Plains tbh... Some missions, some activities, resources to collect, enemies to kill, places to explore and others... Unless i'm asking too much...

Edited by HamletEagle
  • Like 3

Just now, HamletEagle said:

Well I expected something like Orb Vallis / Plains tbh... Some missions, some activities, resources to collect, enemies to kill, places to explore... Unless i'm asking too much

It's nothing near an openworld and was never expected to be. The free flight area is simply a trainingground for piloting the railjack safe from enemies before you jump into the missions

1 minute ago, HamletEagle said:

Well I expected something like Orb Vallis / Plains tbh... Some missions, some activities, resources to collect, enemies to kill, places to explore... Unless i'm asking too much

It’s only meant as away to let you get use to the feel of flight. It was said in dev streams but not in game. Just a mistake on your part or expectation.

It does it’s job - lets you learn how a Railjack moves - but it’s a waste of a map.

Railjack flight isn’t even close to complex enough to need practice—it is less complex than Warframe movement—and there aren’t even dummy targets to test equipment on, aside from rocks that give no useful information.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Don’t keep us in suspense. There weren’t any last time I tried it, but that was at release. Do tell: what can we farm in free flight?

No I thought he's talking about the after mission free flight.

But sometimes you can find some stuff there. Usually Titanium.

47 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

It does it’s job - lets you learn how a Railjack moves - but it’s a waste of a map.

Railjack flight isn’t even close to complex enough to need practice—it is less complex than Warframe movement—and there aren’t even dummy targets to test equipment on, aside from rocks that give no useful information.

I wouldn't call it a waste. It's good, that it exists.

It would be nice, if it was more like the simulacrum. Maybe we can get that in the future at some point, but it shouldn't be high priority.

• Like 1

It's free flight, you shouldn't be getting stuff in it. you can find a resource drop or two in it occasionally though.

Also, you shouldn't be needing to burn flux or munitions in it and have to restock after, but that's another point for the test zone. An empty derelict to board, maybe some abandoned crewships to slingshot into, etc. let folks practice all the basics there. And some indestructible things to shoot that still give damage numbers, so we can see how a thing feels and performs instead of just winging it by the numbers.

• Like 1