Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Nerf Kuva Weapon Grind

davesquid

Hey so after completing 16 lichs and only getting 5 of the new possible weapons and seeing as how I've spent 40+ hrs completing these with murmurs and relic popping for parazon mods all i can say is WTF guys. And if my luck continues at this rate im lookin at 42 liches and 105+ hrs to get JUST the weapons(112 lichs to get the ephemera's at this rate). You could make it so much better in so many ways, starting with not giving me 5 ogris'. Whats the point of making it not produce a weapon of the immediate predecessor when im in a cycle of ogris, brakk, ogris, drakgoon, ogris, brakk, ogris. At least make it so u dont get something from the last 2-3 predecessors... this is just cancer. And honestly, even though it says it can't happen on the kuva lich page, im like 90% sure 2 of my 5 ogris' were in a row at one point. I may be wrong but its hard to tell when u keep gettin the same 3 weapons besides 2 outliers. The first couple repeats i didn't even mind so much, but now with the last 5 lichs all being repeats and not even having an ephemera this is a huge time investment for nothing, can you at least make it so murmurs give you 2 or 3 times as much progression. I wouldn't mind it nearly as much if it was like just a clean hr per weapon but it takes much longer than that unless you get insanely lucky and guess the right mods. But that rarely happens because the lich pops up so sporadically. I've had my lich come out 3 missions in a row, and sometimes im half way through cracking the third murmur before i see him at level 1. I'm definitely interested in getting these weapons but I'm afraid this 5th ogris will be the last one I do for now until you guys update the predecessor thing or give more progression per murmur. 

as long as they increase the drop rate on the ephemera's I'm all for it...

I haven't been rushing liches, they're boring as anything in all honesty and made worse by the repetitive grind and rng on the parazon mods, but up to this moment I've been lucky in no duplicate weapons (some stats suck but honestly I don't like majority of the weapons anyway).  Annoyingly I've seen zero ephemera in them either.

Having said that aside from the grind and rng on weapons they do need to do some other changes for things like the forced 5 forma for full xp and ideally include a way to increase the stats without more farming and hope of better stats... hell this could be from the 5 forma after rank 30 (which maxes out the xp on the weapon)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

as long as they increase the drop rate on the ephemera's I'm all for it...

I haven't been rushing liches, they're boring as anything in all honesty and made worse by the repetitive grind and rng on the parazon mods, but up to this moment I've been lucky in no duplicate weapons (some stats suck but honestly I don't like majority of the weapons anyway).  Annoyingly I've seen zero ephemera in them either.

Having said that aside from the grind and rng on weapons they do need to do some other changes for things like the forced 5 forma for full xp and ideally include a way to increase the stats without more farming and hope of better stats... hell this could be from the 5 forma after rank 30 (which maxes out the xp on the weapon)

That gives me another idea, maybe they could make the repeated weapons combine for a forma slot? just a thought, make it happen DE

Just give us a legit duplicate protection. None of that "back to back" nonsense. Sure I can just buy a Lich from another player, however that only brushes off the issue with it.

Personally the last Lich I did was in November 25th when I bought it from another player. I still need 3 more, I just can't bring myself to get the other ones.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

B-b-but if they reduced the grind to something reasonable..... then I might actually find myself engaging with the content instead of diligent pretending it doesn't exist.... 

kinda how like i was engagin railjack and then they nerfed the archguns and now im not engaging anymore 😞 

• Like 1

DE after they throw a small and unnefective fix instead of actually adressing the real issue:

Image result for they bought it gif"

---

Please, do fix the content up in a way that makes it actually enjoyable. Everytime we go round and round on this carousel of "Players: Fix it, please. Here's a suggestion." -> "DE: Dun'want to, here's a meaningless fix that really changes nothing" + *static noise* huge internal debates around the office *more static noise* -> *waits 2 years* -> "We are proud to annouce X rework since we missed the mark there and players kinda abandoned x content, so we'll now add the stuff that we didn't want to years ago".

I can give it a free pass in Railjack's case since it's just the shell of the full system DE wants to implement - and thus is still very incomplete and buggy - but Liches feel like pretty much a done system with nothing left to add besides a railjack adaptation and minor tweaks.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

Its not only that you need to grind that hard just to get your kuva weapons together. Im kind of on to that, but it just feels bad, when you investeted a lot off time to get your favorite kuva weapon and then the bonus is like 37%.... I mean the problem on that rnd things is always someone is lucky and got things in a accaptelbale time for them and other just dont have any luck. When I startet Warframe back 2016 I did this mainly becourse I was so burned out on this kind of games, but now warframe gets more and more like this "free to play" mmorpgs only the toxic community is missing and the hard raids where you only can join when you got the best of the best....

DE be like: "So... you want more grind?"

Jokes aside I have this exact same problem with Kuva Brakk. I have a Kuva Lich to kill right now that I have no mood to simply because it's like the 5th Kuva Seer that I'm seeing.

Edited by _Kiro

As someone who is missing 3 weapons, the grind is fine.  Takes me three or four hours for a weapon. Several players I know say they do it in under 2 hours. There is trade which is a great way to get the missing weapons and it increases player interaction, which might be something DE want. If one does not want to trade to compensate then I think it is one's own fault for it taking so long to complete the set.

I am in more of a neutral stance on the 5 forma issue.

Edited by Frendh