Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People still surprise me every day

Oryana

Here's a story about how a simple Shedu run in Empyrean turned into a 2 - 2.5 hour slog of pain and misery.

Sitting around, waiting for 2 hours for the sentient mission to spawn in Veil Proxima. Gotta get that Shedu. Get in fairly quickly once it comes up. Everyone in there is at least MR 21+. Run through the sentient mission. Manage to get 3 Shedu parts in 1 run (2 are the same part, for a total of 2 needed parts. That's all I needed.) Thanks Nekros. Reach the end of the sentient ship, ready to go back to the Railjack. Host types "gg ty". Cue moment of panic. Host leaves. Most tense migration ever. Thankfully the spit and dry paint holds together and me and the 2 others remain in the mission with our parts. 2nd guy types "gg" and leaves as well. 

Thankfully the other guy was smart enough to know leaving before mission completion forfeits drops. We make our way back to the Railjack to learn that the ship definitely does not belong in Veil Proxima. Time to bust out the archwings I guess. Realize I just forma'd my Larkspur. If it wasn't for that other guy literally killing 99% of the enemies I would probably still be in that mission a week later. (This was also before DE made that post Xmas break balance patch)

Seriously, I know Mastery Rank doesnt equal skill, but how can you be MR25 and not realize leaving mission forfeits drops?

Tl;dr: host and other player jumps the gun after 3 shedu part drops and leaves mission thinking they get to keep the parts. Pain ensues.

Edited by Oryana
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Oryana said:

Maybe, but it was 3 parts in total, which could easily be traded for parts they needed.

Here's the thing...

... There's "people" and then there's "p30p13".

People actually do read stuff and are mildly considerate by acting as they're supposed to on Mission End... Extract like they normally would...

... P30p13 don't do that. P30p13 want everything now, BEFORE the great-grandparents of their great-grandparents were even born, and tend to act accordingly.

Don't bother trying to understand the p30p13, its a waste of time. Understand the people, because they are the only ones you're able to reason with.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Oryana said:

host and other player jumps the gun after 3 shedu part drops and leaves mission thinking they get to keep the parts. Pain ensues.

I think maybe they are looking for rare crates and not shedu parts.

• Like 1

Just now, kyori said:

I think maybe they are looking for rare crates and not shedu parts.

Also possible, but at the time this happened, shedu parts were going for stupid amounts of plat. Depending on what they were looking for, plat can buy most of it.

And some people wonder why the hell I'm in the crowd of "Make the Sentient Ship unlock after all other objectives are completed".

Sure, the farm would be slower, I KNOW THAT, DAMNIT! But goodness, do they think of those who that keep getting dished? I think they dont.

I've seen a lot of hosts leave with shedu parts in hand a bunch. Makes me wonder what's going through their heads. Maybe they confused the fact that the Erra quest will trigger after hitting the crystal even if you abort with anything you pickup remaining when you abort?

32 minutes ago, Oryana said:

We make our way back to the Railjack to learn that the ship definitely does not belong in Veil Proxima

Also this is because host migration for some reason tends to dump people into an unmodded railjack a good bit of the time, and the rest of the time the ship was already that bad and the migration worked. Lots of tissue paper ships at the anomaly. 

I heard a saying somewhere, "There's a limit to someone's intelligence, but there's no limit on stupidity" so yes, given how many people bring MR to validate themselves to claim themselves as "veterans" when mostly leeching on hydron and have questionable combat ability on sortie 3 level.

In short, people are that stupid, sometimes bordering retarded

12 minutes ago, 844448 said:

In short, people are that stupid, sometimes bordering retarded

Or simply being azzholes for not soloing it. Playing in PUB already proved that they were abusing other people for fast clear.

Furthermore, @Oryana you said those 2 people typed "gg", there's a good chance they also needed those parts (for whatever reason). I think they just fooked themselves up.

So people could sometimes be both azzhole and stupid at the same time.