Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentient Anomaly Feedback

RazorTip

Okay, this is really, and I mean REALLY, getting absurd.

The sentient anomaly in the Proxima Veil needs to be reworked. My experiences with this have been jarringly awful, either because I join players that bring undergeared Railjacks (1000/1000, default armaments, no avionics) into the mission, or because of host migrations, or because the players themselves just rush towards the sentient ship and leave you to fend off swarms of grineer fighters, as it just happened to me and my ship. This is what the anomaly alert promotes, a vicious cycle of rushing, aborting, and host migrations. Adding to the fact that I'm playing in Asia, and a lot of the players that join me are Chinese mainlanders that absolutely refuse to speak English and flood the chat with asterisks and leave the moment you type anything in English in the chat (but that's a whole different can of worms to talk about).

And before anyone says it, no, clanmates aren't always available to help me and even when they are, we still have connection issues playing together.

I've already lost count of how many times I was left alone in a paper Railjack because of the host migrating, with subpar weapons that barely tickle the enemy ships. I can practically count in one hand the number of times the mission was successfully completed, beginning to end.

DE, please fix this, either:

- remove the Grineer forces entirely from the node whenever the alert is active, so all players can just focus on the sentient derelict. Alternatively, increase the number of Sentient targets we need to kill, to compensate for the lack of Grineer enemies;

- or if the suggestion above isn't okay, then lock the sentient derelict until all Grineer objectives are completed, so players are forced to destroy the crewships or fighters or gun batteries or whatever, instead of just rushing past everything.

- also, increase the time length players have to play this alert, 30 minutes is not enough time to deal with EVERYTHING the alert throws at us, as it is right now.

This sentient anomaly alert, as it currently stands, is nothing but an anger-inducing migraine.

• Like 1

What makes the Anomaly worse is a Ephemera is there too but in a specific colored Cache (Red drops it, Yellow drops Captura). So that place is both for Shedu and the super rare Ephemera in a 30 Min timer. Pretty much a place that deserves to be in a Garbage Can.

Edited by GPrime96

At this point I just dread doing the anomaly. With the bug that causes migrated ships to become 1000/1000 ships with no avionics or armaments, failed migrations, the 4% chance per symbilyst to get a shedu part, constant aborting of teammates and host, and the time limit you have to farm, it's just an exercise in frustration. 

Removing the ephemera from the rare container helped curb the people who searched the map for rare containers before aborting, but doesn't stop the mission from basically coming to a halt when all the symbilysts are dead and dropped no parts. And if you do get a part or a captura or whatever, you get no more farming time because you have to finish the mission and that uses up the rest of the anomaly time. 

The absurdly low amount of time to farm paired with the long waiting time makes it punishing to farm the shedu or any of the rare cache drops. 

Having more time to farm and/or a shorter waiting period between anomalies would help ease some of the rush. Having the anomaly replace the secondary objective on that node would help reduce some of the time spent finishing up. Making the anomaly a random secondary objective on all veil nodes could eliminate the rush to get a part in 30 minutes before it's gone. Could even then have it more likely, but not guaranteed, to appear as an objective on a specific node on a similar timer to what we have, without eliminating it existing on other nodes as a possible objective. 

• Like 1

On 2020-01-12 at 1:37 PM, GPrime96 said:

What makes the Anomaly worse is a Ephemera is there too but in a specific colored Cache (Red drops it, Yellow drops Captura). So that place is both for Shedu and the super rare Ephemera in a 30 Min timer. Pretty much a place that deserves to be in a Garbage Can.

They took the ephemera out of the game untill they get the token systom ready wich then you do the anomely a set amount of times to get a set amount of tokens to buy the ephemera.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-19 at 10:07 AM, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

They took the ephemera out of the game untill they get the token systom ready wich then you do the anomely a set amount of times to get a set amount of tokens to buy the ephemera.

Even with the token system, there are still a lot of (chinese) players that go into the anomaly looking for red sentient chests, and ragequit when they don't find any because they don't know of the changes.

As such, the problem still persists.

Edited by RazorTip