Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing this game is... too difficult now

Miki_the_Dragon

I recently(past few years) made the switch to PC. I had long sold my PS4 at this point, but it's where I used to play Warframe. Here's a little story about that.

In 2014 I first purchased a PS4, and one of the first games I downloaded was Warframe. It looked great from what I've seen, but it was a next-gen only thing. I played it for awhile, but it was on and off and I never really truly got into it.

For the next year or two, I would hop onto Warframe for a few hours everyday and play on Earth. The same Survival over and over and over and over again. I amassed millions of Earth resources. I did play other planets and tilesets, and amassed hundreds of thousands of those materials as well. It was still just on and off as I played Killzone, Blacklight, etc. and then eventually Destiny. It consumed me, but I got bored of a lack of things to do. So, I returned to Warframe with my older brother and a longtime friend of ours.

We REALLY got into Warframe around 2015/2016. Played nonstop. We did it all. I was all caught up to War Within. I have a handful of Prime frames, from either purchasing(EXPENSIVE), or farming for parts/plat to buy them. I purchased Prime accessories. I had nearly every frame in the game at this point. Even still maintained my hundreds of thousands and millions of certain resources. We ran Sortie daily and did all the events. I have mods you can't even get anymore. I had so much. Many hours sunk into it.

But... I moved to PC, and I really WANT to continue playing Warframe. However... that's not possible. I no longer have the drive nor the patience to spend 300+ hours doing the exact same things I've done over the span of years.

I try. I got friends to trade me rare mods that I had. I purchased frames and skins and boosters, but... it wasn't enough. I no longer had my Loki Prime, Targus Prime armor, weapons, other Prime frames and weapons, etc. I have nothing now.

This is why Warframe is so difficult to play. I wish I could just log in and have my stuff right there, but I don't. I have very few frames, crappy weapons, and story content that I need to get through(again), as well as farming for frames again, farming for plat, or just outright buying Primes as they become unvaulted. Just makes it not fun to play anymore.

I hope one day DE is able to strike a deal or whatever with SONY and Microsoft to speed up the update process. FFXIV updates on PC and PS4 at the same time. Kinda wish Warframe did the same so I can transfer my data.

I love this game, but hodamn is it unplayable if you move systems and lose everything.

My best advice is get braton ASAP and fit it with some middle ranked serration or go straight for point strike. 30% critical chance from maxed point strike should help your damage output considerably on fending off enemies and loot the whole place. Leave no crates unbroken, leave no lockers unopened, leave no room unexplored.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

No - its not too hard - its to grindy for most to want to do twice over (and some parts too grindy to even want to do the first time) - which is what your condition is.

Wait, what?  He's afflicted with something called "Grindy Condition?"

27 minutes ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Yes, its 2020 they should have cross platform accounts. No, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

DE aren't the ones, who don't want you play across different platforms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gluih said:

i understand that. however even if third parties made it easier, the fractured nature of updates and versions across platforms make it an impossible goal.

the combination of theses two things lead me to say its not happening any time soon - even using de definition of soon

15 minutes ago, gluih said:

So Warframe released on PS4 first because Sony allowed crossplay with PC, while Xbox did not. During the initial development, DE abandoned crossplay as the certification process was too bothersome but they still supported PS4.

Over time Xbox support was added, and recently Switch support. DE has made efforts to improve the certification process, like a forced cursor UI, but other than Empyrean, DE has never rushed content previously.

DE has also offered one-time account migrations from PC to each console version. These are really account copies, not migrations, but they allow PC players to duplicate their entire inventory and play on a different system. Platinum is always excluded from this transfer. Due to contracts with Sony & MS, DE has never offered accout migration from a console to a different platform.

Until 2019 when crossplay has finally been approved by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. The problem is that DE has over 6 years of keeping the platforms separate. So for DE to finally unify our progress across all of the supported systems would require DE to change how they develop Warframe.

So in summary, you are wrong and DE is the one holding cross-save back at this point, but they are not doing it on purpose, only because it involves making changes to how they develop Warframe.

• Like 2

I tried to move my account from PC to PS4, didn't work.

So I made a new account on PS4 instead. But since I already knew what to do, and how to do it, it was a breeze to climb back up.

I play both accounts now.

The only thing you have to watch out for is the economy.

Prices are different among traders in trade chat.

PS4 side is uber stingy compared to PC side.

to be honest? the game hasn't changed since the start, same bs grind, same people whining is too grindy or difficult and the same people whining its not difficult enough and it panders to casuals, and the same people whining about there's not enough content, even though they play like they are speed running the whole thing, the same as there's people that whine there's not enough polishing even though they could clearly take a break from the game and do some other stuff, this is a massive game now and its never going to be 100% polished even if they compromise keeping players entertained with new content.

me? i no longer give a damn, i just want to enjoy the game, if they do stuff to improve cool if not, well, a shame, if players are not happy hopefully DE will do something about it if they want to keep this thing going if not, well, another one bites the dust.

Il y a 3 heures, gluih a dit :

Cross account is different from cross play. And regarding cross account, DE is the only one that can allow it, nothing to do with sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.

If there is no cross account today it's because they don't want it, for good or bad reasons I don't know, but it's on them.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Cross account is different from cross play. And regarding cross account, DE is the only one that can allow it, nothing to do with sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.

If there is no cross account today it's because they don't want it, for good or bad reasons I don't know, but it's on them.

To be fair, it is not that easy. The actual revenue are tied to console. Steam gets a cut of all platinum purchases (or any purchases). They certainly have signed agreements with DE, including not-to-compete and possibly inclusivity. Getting your platinum purchased or obtained on PS4 and rolling it to your PC account is probably not going to work.

On the other hand, PC is typically a patch in advance of consoles. So how would you treat items obtained on PC if you go to consoles? Heck, even the consoles themselves are not usually at the same version.

In addition, platinum discounts work differently between PC and PS4 (maybe all consoles as well). PS4 discount is on items. PC, discount is on platinum. 

I am sure there is more.

To not be a Debbie downer, I think these are some solutions to be able to get crosssave:

1. Lock platinum to system. 
  2. On switching accounts, the data bases will update only for items on both systems. Items on PC not on PS4 would not update. I can do that on excel (vlookup). It should not be that difficult for DE programmers to get right. I understand of course this is far more complex than that, since one account will have thousands of information (probably tens of thousands), but it is the same concept. 
  3. You can only be on the same account on 1 system at a time (duh!)

In my opinion (and not as an IT person), the issue with crossave is storage space, on DE's end, more than anything else. We do not even have an auction house, or game hosted servers to remove lag. So... dunno about crosssave. I would like to believe the fact that other looter shooters have cross-save it would pressure on DE to keep up. Does not look like it..

Edited by (PS4)thegarada
  • Like 2

il y a 12 minutes, (PS4)thegarada a dit :

To be fair, it is not that easy. The actual revenue are tied to console. Steam gets a cut of all platinum purchases (or any purchases). They certainly have signed agreements with DE, including not-to-compete and possibly inclusivity. Getting your platinum purchased or obtained on PS4 and rolling it to your PC account is probably not going to work.

On the other hand, PC is typically a patch in advance of consoles. So how would you treat items obtained on PC if you go to consoles? Heck, even the consoles themselves are not usually at the same version.

In addition, platinum discounts work differently between PC and PS4 (maybe all consoles as well). PS4 discount is on items. PC, discount is on platinum. 

I am sure there is more.

To not be a Debbie downer, I think these are some solutions to be able to get crosssave:

1. Lock platinum to system. 
  2. On switching accounts, the data bases will update only for items on both systems. Items on PC not on PS4 would not update. I can do that on excel (vlookup). It should not be that difficult for DE programmers to get right. I understand of course this is far more complex than that, since one account will have thousands of information (probably tens of thousands), but it is the same concept. 
  3. You can only be on the same account on 1 system at a time (duh!)

In my opinion (and not as an IT person), the issue with crossave is storage space, on DE's end, more than anything else. We do not even have an auction house, or game hosted servers to remove lag. So... dunno about crosssave. I would like to believe the fact that other looter shooters have cross-save it would pressure on DE to keep up. Does not look like it..

Of course in store bought platinum cannot be transferred to another platform. Exclusive items too. But that doesn't mean that the progression cannot be linked to 1 account for all platforms.

And the main rival for Warframe have cross account. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2019/8/22/20827138/destiny-2-cross-save-pc-ps4-xbox-one-setup-guide-account-linking

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Of course in store bought platinum cannot be transferred to another platform. Exclusive items too. But that doesn't mean that the progression cannot be linked to 1 account for all platforms.

I agree. I think it should be easy to do that too. You just mark items in data base A not to copy to data base B.

Though, I am curios how the system will handle cosmetics on frames that are exclusive to one system. Lets say I have PS4 Sydana on configuration A of Volt. On PC, will it switch it to, no Sydana? If I change then configuration A on PC to another Sydana, which will happen when I log on PS4? I hope that I would not have to switch cosmetics around every time I switch systems (though, honestly, it is a small price to pay if cross-save can be implemented soon). 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

And the main rival for Warframe have cross account.

To put things into consideration, consoles build are slightly behind PC and I heard that Empyrean is very buggy on console when DE made it release on both PC and console so you don't mind having PC version on console with all of the bugs?

11 hours ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Yes, its 2020 they should have cross platform accounts. No, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

and this is the biggest misconception between Warframe and the use of the word "cross platform".

DE manage all servers in every platform the only reason i see as of why DE is not letting transfer the account info with all the resources already in his inventory as well is due to not cutting their profit margins, breaking platinum market and the constant hassle of name availability across the board.

everyone that saw what DE went thru when Nintendo Switch release their game in their platform was just plain obvious. they can do it but DE just don't want to or they would have done it due a platinum charge transfer from the very beginning.