Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SHAWZIN on console is bad

(PSN)Irissonius

So for any PC players who don't know ; you can't transcribe or load songs into the SHAWZIN , you can only save one song at a time and you have to record it yourself. Even then you can only have a set number of notes. I keep seeing videos of PC players importing cool songs to play using a line of code. 

1) Can someone explain why only PC players can do this and console can't  ?

2) If a member of DE reads this please atleast bring it up in a conversation with your colleagues.

3) I just really want to play MEGOLOVANIA.

ifzw1GOwA1wdJ8o5nlL5_DVcDvvmir_jzbWiD3fP

Here is doggy for reading this.

Edited by (PS4)Irissonius
Wanted to add doggy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Irissonius said:

So for any PC players who don't know ; you can't transcribe a or load songs into the SHAWZIN , you can only save one song at a time and you have to record it yourself. Even then you can only have a set number of notes. I keep seeing videos of PC players importing cool songs to play using a line of code. 

1) Can someone explain why only PC players can do this and console can't  ?

2) If a member of DE reads this please atleast bring it up in a conversation with your colleagues.

On one hand, I am SOO HAPPY for the different modes/keys you can play in. That was a question I asked Steve eons ago on a stream for Octavia. Glad to see some of it implemented. 

For now though, have to rely on the good ol’ Guitar Hero skills. I’ve gotten to the point of muscle memory to play Kalinka/Tetris at a pretty fast tempo, but it would be amazing if there was an easier way to send it to people. 

Pretty fun to see randoms’ reactions while loading into RJ missions. 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones
  • Like 2

those of you wanting to play beautifully composed music or your favourite tunes on the Shawzin are using it completely wrong. the Shawzin was never intended to be a serious musical instrument; it is designed to harass and annoy others around you by plucking random strings, changing Scale every few notes and abusing the Whammy Bar more than you probably abuse Ivara Intrinsic farming. when someone in your squad chat tells you to STFU, or when a Railjack has gone catastrophic, THAT is the opportune moment to assault the eardrums of all around you.

Spoiler

also, the REAL reason Ballas made that Dax kill his son in The Sacrifice was because Ballas was so pi$$ed off at the Dax's infernal Shawzin playing, constantly ringing his eardrums. they say that Dax wielded his Shawzin as recklessly as his Sword. a true master of the art, he was.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

4 hours ago, (PS4)Irissonius said:

) Can someone explain why only PC players can do this and console can't  ?

4 hours ago, (PS4)Irissonius said:

That's why.

Jokes aside, the PC verion makes use of the copy/paste option. I don't think such a thing exists for consoles.

19 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

That's why.

Jokes aside, the PC verion makes use of the copy/paste option. I don't think such a thing exists for consoles.

PS4 players can use the PS4 second screen app to type on the keyboard popup , so we can copy paste easily . It takes 2 minutes to link the phone to the console , not sure about Xbox.  

19 hours ago, Buff00n said:

I made a browser app that can convert any song code into something you can read like sheet music.  Here's Megalovania.  That's the best I can do for console players.

Thanks , I have seen your video and I tried using the music sheet but was too hard for my simple brain , it gets deleted anyway when we log back the next day. All I can do is cry to DE.