Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screen Shake

InfiniteWeird

Even after disabling screen shake in the games options there are quite a few things that still cause screen shake, one example are firing certain weapons.

I'm not sure if this is by design or weather it was overlooked but I have screen shake disabled because it causes me a certain amount of, disorientation/discomfort.

One specific example I can give is while firing Titania's built in pistols.

Cheers!

There are a number of weapons and unfortunately its not screen shake its recoil. Most weapons have straight up and down recoil but certain weapons seem to have a circular recoil where they can bounce to any point within the circle mimicking the effects of screenshake. 

I seriously wish this would be removed because I literally feel like vomiting when I use the weapons with this "feature" it triggers motion sickness so badly. 

I encourage that a list be formed. While weapon stability can cover some situations, it's questionable that a player give up a mod slot to something being visually nauseating or disorienting to them. I remember Zhuge being like this, but I don't have one to test on currently. (Ditched it long ago for that reason.)
If others come to mind, especially if anyone is handy getting with video, we could accumulate some of the obvious ones for review.
So far we've got Dex Pixia for sure.

Let's add to the shopping list fellas. 🛒

On 2020-01-12 at 1:28 PM, kapn655321 said:

I encourage that a list be formed. While weapon stability can cover some situations, it's questionable that a player give up a mod slot to something being visually nauseating or disorienting to them. I remember Zhuge being like this, but I don't have one to test on currently. (Ditched it long ago for that reason.)
If others come to mind, especially if anyone is handy getting with video, we could accumulate some of the obvious ones for review.
So far we've got Dex Pixia for sure.

Let's add to the shopping list fellas. 🛒

This is a good idea. Let's separate by category and either myself or the OP can edit it into their post as we compile it.

Archgun

• Dual Decurions
  • Larkspur

Archgun Heavy weapon

• Larkspur (it's much much worse than in space by about 5x)

Primary

• Hipfire Zenith
  • Argonak (much worse on hipfire)

Seconday

• dual cestra
  • secura dual cestra
  • kuva twin stubba
  • akstiletto prime

Warframe

• Titania Dex Pixia
Edited by Drasiel

I'm prone to really bad motion sickness. I used to play Warframe on a TV 5-6 feet away while I sat on a couch and very rarely experienced motion sickness while playing (usually only in Archwing). Currently I play on a regular screen about 2 feet away and have been getting motion sick a lot more often. I've been noticing the recoil of weapons making the screen shake too. Currently, I have the secondary Akstilletto Prime equipped and it wiggles the screen.

I'm inspired to mod for recoil reduction and see if that helps.

Just now, DragoneerIrako said:

I'm prone to really bad motion sickness. I used to play Warframe on a TV 5-6 feet away while I sat on a couch and very rarely experienced motion sickness while playing (usually only in Archwing). Currently I play on a regular screen about 2 feet away and have been getting motion sick a lot more often. I've been noticing the recoil of weapons making the screen shake too. Currently, I have the secondary Akstilletto Prime equipped and it wiggles the screen.

I'm inspired to mod for recoil reduction and see if that helps.

it will, I've been leveling the kuva twin stubba and with the mod I can use them comfortably but without it I get nauseous very quickly. Unfortunately on some guns it's not enough to compensate and there isn't a way to reach 100%. Archguns unfortunately don't even have a mod for this. Adding Akstiletto prime to list

• 1 year later...