Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scrapping Railjack Equipment Wreckage =/= Dirac

Orbital_NZ

Perhaps has already been asked for, but if fully repaired equipment provides 50% (?) of the build resources when scrapped, then why cannot a broken wreckage provide us with ~25% resources instead of Dirac?

I'm finding Dirac a worthless currency at the moment as i have upgraded my entire grid, and all (and more) of the avionics I can currently fit.

But I have all this weaponry i just have no ability to repair due to terrible resource requirements.

It seems more logical that this issue could easily be solved if the un-repaired wreckage provides some of the resources needed to repair those items I want to keep.

Edited by Orbital_NZ

scrapping parts gives you now 80% of what it took to build it
since wreckage has zero resources put into it you get nothing when scrapping it
also with the amount of zetki wreckage acquired resources would be too common if you could scrap them and get resources 

im hoping we'll get a system in place that will make dirac actually important
cuz right now i've got over 100k and nothing to use it on

42 minutes ago, CandyManCriminal said:

scrapping parts gives you now 80% of what it took to build it
since wreckage has zero resources put into it you get nothing when scrapping it

The issue is its SALVAGE, not a blue print. Even if its because d.e. was being rather lazy or moronic on how to define it, salvage should normally be something you can take apart, make use of the parts that are still usable and take everything else and break it down into usable resources and trash anything that cant be turned into basic resources.

Which is hence why i am sure plenty would of preferred straight up only getting resources, not this b.s. salvage system of getting a super fancy endo-like currency called dirac. Where INSTEAD, we could learn blueprints thru progressing thru railjack(which would resolve the issue of people taking taxi rides to get op parts if they have to clear certain missions first to successively unlock each blueprint) and take these parts they already had at the start and/or the ones they built to enhance into better parts and swap out into various configs so we can make them into our vary own DETH machine cruiser. Which sadly i think many would enjoy if we were able to pimp our our railjack in the shame of a MEGA DETH-Cube. but sadly d.e. does not really do much of a good job on fancy joke elements.

also with the amount of zetki wreckage acquired resources would be too common if you could scrap them and get resources 

It honestly would just need to be titanium, gut alot of the droppables namely the orange rocks and simplify the quantity of loot objects one finds for titanium in space and have us just get us get titanium, its the most common used resource out of all the crap to build the ship parts, so it only would make sense if we only got titanium from the salvage or at the very least the majority of the salvage scrapping would be titanium.

im hoping we'll get a system in place that will make dirac actually important

People pretty much asked that as alternatives for the use of endo, kuva and focus points. Especially focus points, since even if you manage to stomach your way thru maxing every focus sill even if most are completely useless, we have no real idea when the fk d.e. will revisit that system and hopefully scrap the useless skills and replace them with useful ones.

Honestly, when they started doing things like making Vauban`s flechette grenades scale with enemy level, hildryn`s pillage being a scaler drain based on enemy level and even Ember`s ult functionality being great against higher level enemies...It made me really wish d.e. started to learn the lesson on starting to make abilities and such be more intended as SCALING mechanics, which they clearly did not get the fking idea when they left tungska cannon alone and gave us a bunch of avionics that have no real way to scale the damage to allow us to make them some-what useful in later missions, like missile volley. Those things need to likely get double to triple the base damage if they are going to do decent damage. Since likely you can have all 52 missiles hit the same fighter and it likely still wont kill it.

cuz right now i've got over 100k and nothing to use it on

The same kind of feeling i had when i had loads of endo or kuva lying around. The former only getting used when i finally got mods like Primed Shred about time or just felt like maxing some primed mods i normally would never use aka the Faction damage bonus. The latter because i got so bored and thought to try and reroll my opticor riven mod to get a more favorable line setup, despite it having 2 damage lines.

In short: D.E. once again entirely skips a long-term proof plan and then acts like it would be content for long time when honestly its clearly at this point they are being kind of delusional when people still manage to max out intrinstics at a very ridiculously easy pace, some who didnt use the ivara trick, but thats honestly them not doing a proper run down of bug checks and paying attention to all the interactions of gameplay that warframe has these days. But thats honestly what happens when a company rushes out new characters/classes in a very fast clockwork pace without properly double checking older ones, Plenty of games i used to play i believe ran into this element pretty often, especially when you have youtube channels that are all about showing off the shenanigans. 

Edited by Avienas