Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

shedu doesn't need to be this drawn out to get


maddragonmaster
 Share

Recommended Posts

so far with the pace i play warframe with its not necessary difficulty to obtain but its not possible to acquire because the sentient ship only spawns in 2 hours and 30'ish minutes intervals and only stays there for 30ish minutes. now tell me why is there a very very very low drop chance for something thats already time gated to hek and back? sure i don't care if it had 1 of those specific criteria but to have all those and on top of the fact that the game mode is buggy is not that fun. on top of that because they way it is aquired and its involvement in requiring you to jump through unnecessary hoops in order to get it just kills the fun because if you haven't been paying attention because you have made shedu and that ephemera so difficult to acquire when i do join a public instance that has the sentient ship the entire squad just leaves the mission if one of those dang items don't spawn. 

an honest opinion would be just to have at least 1 of the shedu part drop per sentient ship if your just going to do the whole sentient ship only spawns on these time constraints with only a certain ammount of time. and possibly have that ship stay on the mission node till the mission is finished, or have the sentient ship move between earth, Saturn, or the veil where it is still in circulation. all of this time gating and terrible rng doesn't make the weapon any more better, it just makes the weapon disappointing when you acquire it in my view of it.

 

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

my guess at why, is to give justification for the creation of the Point of Interest, by necessitating Players spend enough time there to justify it being created.
in the classic form of like many Visual Effects in games - "if we're going to spend the time making it, we better use it everywhere as much as possible!!!".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

my guess at why, is to give justification for the creation of the Point of Interest, by necessitating Players spend enough time there to justify it being created.
in the classic form of like many Visual Effects in games - "if we're going to spend the time making it, we better use it everywhere as much as possible!!!".

no amount of justification is going to change my mind on the fact it the way of acquiring this weapon needs worked because it requires a dang 3rd party websight for you to catch these sentient ships on time. its just terrible gameplay. on top of the way i am now told is a 1% to 0.1% which is why this is quickly becoming a pet pev of mine. a great minority of weapons can be acquired without this level of time padding and scarcity, to the point where any bonus of this weapon are out weighted by the negatives.

Edited by maddragonmaster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I actually found the shedu rather trivial to farm. The Tenebrous ephemera on the other hand....

its because of the tenebrous is an aditional pain in hek to deal with on top of all the annoyances i have to deal with. because everyone just aborts when they don't see either of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

on top of the way i am now told is a 1% to 0.1% which is why this is quickly becoming a pet pev of mine

You were misinformed.

Quote
Symbilyst Blueprint/Item Drop Chance: 4.00%

Take a team of 3 looters (Ivara, Nekros, Atlas) and it becomes fairly easy to get in a few runs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

well i am still not be taking any looter frames because it encourages DE to keep the drop rate at that 4%.

> Complains about drop rate with wrong information
> Corrected on drop rate
> Offered advice to make it pretty painless
> Refuses

GG, enjoy getting Shedu.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

> Complains about drop rate with wrong information
> Corrected on drop rate
> Offered advice to make it pretty painless
> Refuses

GG, enjoy getting Shedu.

because the game mode needs to be improved on. the game can not be improved on if we are just looking for roundabout ways to get something. DE will not learn that the game mode needs to be worked on if we keep having to walk around those issues. this is specificlly why i hate the mind set of "just use this so and so frame." i hate those frames because i feel like those frames are just walking excuses for keeping the drop rate at terrible levels.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

everyone just aborts when they don't see either of them.

Solo farm. I don't like relying on pubs, they will always act in their own self interest, and why wouldn't they?

Or make a group via recruit.

Edited by Skaleek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

seriously. why is it so hard for anyone to understand that i want to feel like i am able to work for a weapon like the shedu. the weapon doesn't feel like i am progressing at all the way i prefer to play. when i feel like playing inaros or any other frame i prefer to play on my own terms not the terms of the video game. and drop rates are not a good enough reason to play some other frame anyways in my book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

when i feel like playing inaros or any other frame i prefer to play on my own terms

You can still farm the shedu like this, it'll just take longer most likely.

Edited by Skaleek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

seriously. why is it so hard for anyone to understand that i want to feel like i am able to work for a weapon like the shedu. the weapon doesn't feel like i am progressing at all the way i prefer to play. when i feel like playing inaros or any other frame i prefer to play on my own terms not the terms of the video game. and drop rates are not a good enough reason to play some other frame anyways in my book.

We understand it, but until DE changes things, IF EVER, you're stuck with that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

because the game mode needs to be improved on.

Of course it needs improving. It was literally just released a few weeks ago. Aside from that, everything can be improved on. 
 

8 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

this is specificlly why i hate the mind set of "just use this so and so frame."

They are "so and so" frames for a reason...because it is the most efficient way to do things. If you wanna solo the anomaly with Rhino every run, then it's probably going to take you a while to get all the parts. 

Meanwhile, a team of 3 looters can knock out a Shedu run in about 6-8 minutes, 3-4 runs per cycle. Literally 5-8 Symbilyst spawn each run. You're practically guaranteed to get at least ONE part in ONE cycle.
 

5 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

seriously. why is it so hard for anyone to understand that i want to feel like i am able to work for a weapon like the shedu.

I understand that you basically want it handed to you for free without working for it. Good luck if you ever try going after the Ephemera, you'll probably have an aneurysm.

If you want to do things the hard way, thats on you. I bet you wouldn't farm Toroids with Inaros, or a Condition Overload. Feel free to keep beating your head on the wall though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

We understand it, but until DE changes things, IF EVER, you're stuck with that

see here. things like nekros i just see as crutches vindicate the drop chances being so low. so when i am told to "just use these frames" i get horribly annoyed because i hate those crutch frames.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Vaeldious said:

Or it could simply be the right tool for the job. But go ahead and keep using screwdrivers on that bolt.

this is a video game. not a construction job.  

4 minutes ago, Vaeldious said:

I understand that you basically want it handed to you for free without working for it.

and i am not sure if you understand because i said i wanted to earn it. not gamble for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

this is a video game. not a construction job.  

and i am not sure if you understand because i said i wanted to earn it. not gamble for it.

I think you missed their point...

Also I think the basis of your argument is that you can't just farm it out in 20 minutes, is that really so bad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SpringRocker said:

I think you missed their point...

Also I think the basis of your argument is that you can't just farm it out in 20 minutes, is that really so bad?

why should i care about their point of they are not caring about my point in the beginning? 

my argument is because i can't both accurately join a mission with a sentient ship on it because i am busy playing other games i would like to play so i am  not going stir crazy playing on game over and over again and arguing with players that i have trouble easy eye to eye because i feel like they are not caring about my points or they aren't seeing mine. seriously trying to make constructive feedback is a pain in the neck if people are just going to do they "why don't you do this" or "i didn't find it that much trouble" rather then focus on the "oh hey, that could do with a little bit of tweaking" or what not. i did not ask for help i am just trying to point out something that needs worked on. 

i am sorry if talking to me in this state is a bother to anyone but when i see something that bothers me i want it to get it done and over with and not be prolonged till the next dang 2 years. i am sorry if this is some unreasonable thing to ask but the more i argue with someone about this the more and more likely i'll have a mental breakdown because i feel like i am going no where with an arguement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

or "i didn't find it that much trouble" rather then focus on the "oh hey, that could do with a little bit of tweaking"

Ahh so you're angry we don't share the same perspective. Ok. Very reasonable. You're angry that we're giving our honest and personal experience, as well as trying to give you solutions to make your life easier? Do you understand how childish this is?

Edited by Skaleek
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Ahh so you're angry we don't share the same perspective. Ok. Very reasonable. You're angry that we're giving our honest and personal experience, as well as trying to give you solutions to make your life easier? Do you understand how childish this is?

ok. good point i can understand how i looked there. but with someone that keeps on saying stuff like 

 

2 hours ago, Vaeldious said:

> Complains about drop rate with wrong information
> Corrected on drop rate
> Offered advice to make it pretty painless
> Refuses

GG, enjoy getting Shedu.

and 

1 hour ago, Vaeldious said:

 

I understand that you basically want it handed to you for free without working for it. Good luck if you ever try going after the Ephemera, you'll probably have an aneurysm.

If you want to do things the hard way, thats on you. I bet you wouldn't farm Toroids with Inaros, or a Condition Overload. Feel free to keep beating your head on the wall though.

it is very hard for me to think of a reasonable argument if someone keeps on antagonizing me because i prefer to play other frames, and hate to be forced to play other frames to boost a trivial drop percent that should of been improved at least to compensate for the time gating thats already implemented into the dang thing after mind you that they dangled the shedu infront of our dang faces for what feels like years of hype and wait for what ends up with the most annoying way of grinding for something which mind you there are video games with better ways of earning weapons then this, while being in the same farm and grind this one thing till you have enough to build that department.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

besides the time between sentient ships are long enough that even if you give it a 10% or 25% drop chance even it still won't let you farm it and get it in 30 minutes. without drop chance boosters

ps maybe that 25% chance thing might be an overstatement. but still 10% still hardly dents how long you will take to get 1 part from the sentient ship  to drop.

Edited by maddragonmaster
correcting something
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...