Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossing the streams, can we get these cosmetics?

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

With the FF7 remake releasing on March 3 can you have a limited time stupid spikey hair cosmetic to wear on warframes heads and a giant grey chisel heavy blade skin for just like a week. 

It doesn't need to look "good". In fact the crappier it looks the more it would represent the original artwork from the polygon era... 

Then Harrow can stab Trinity with a tatsu and everyone can cry.

(I'm not hating on ff7, loved the game, just messing around, i think it would be funny if DE did something like that...

Edit: Calm down children, and learn to find humor in life. 

51fb2a5ddddf5e8e8e97b8471bf36e8194391cbf

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Omega-ZX said:

Not possible. Because copyrights. You know SquareEnix loves their franchises.

Depends on if it's done in parody or tribute, depends on exactly how closely they mimick it, depends on rather or not they charge anything for it. As long as you are not directly making money off it parody tends to cover a lot, it also depends on what the intellectual property and parody laws are in canada.

23 minutes ago, Xaero said:

And why should DE make references to random unrelated games in Warframe?

Because probably 90% of the people who play or are in any way even obscurely interested in warframe played it when they were younger? Hell probably 100% of the dev team played it through to completion of every little side quest a dozen times over. You seem desperate to try to make me defend what was clearly a joke instead of taking it in the good humor it was intended so you go ahead and feel free to defend your position that there's any reason specifically why DE shouldn't wink at the remake of a game that probably any waframe fan over the age of 25 was once a fan of?

DE went out of their way to make references to freaking ANTHEM on their official twitter page so since you have to take things soooooo seriously. Why shouldn't they? 

Warframe appeals to the same type of people who would have once loved the original run or at least six through nine of final fantasy series before the incompetence of Enix ruined most of what people liked about the games, the blend of magic and mechs, of fantasy and scifi, appeals to the same type of people who now play games like warframe. It's likely that Warframe wouldn't even be a successful game now if games like Final Fantasy Six and Seven had never existed so really why shouldn't they give a toss away nod to a massively popular game with global acclaim, literally one of the most popular games in the entire history of the gaming industry. Final Fantasy 7 has sold over 11 million copies, this through a time period where game trading and renting and reselling meant that one game might go through 20 different players, an entire generation of players, even those who did not play the game, can instantly identify most of the main characters of the game. It's re-release, which people are treating with cautious enthusiasm will probably end up moving two to three hundred million copies in it's first year if it's any good at all. Lots of games will be looking to do a little wink at something that meant a lot to their developers growing up, possibly even one of the reasons they got into game development in the first place. I fully expect Borderlands 3 will have some kind of quest in one of it's dlcs that will poke fun at it. 

So. Since you want to be the one who is taking an obvious joke so seriously. Why exactly shouldn't they pay homage to something that has been extremely influential to this industry as long AS Squeeeeeenix doesn't throw a tantrum? This would be kinda like Nintendo announcing they were remaking Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask (maybe and twilight princess) in the of the wild engine, it would be a big bloody deal to a whole lot of people. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

DE went out of their way to make references to freaking ANTHEM on their official twitter page so since you have to take things soooooo seriously. Why shouldn't they? 

Ah, so you'd be happy if DE referenced FF outside the game, for example, in twitter? Ok then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

So. Since you want to be the one who is taking an obvious joke so seriously.

I wasn't sure if I took your post seriously, I guess I did? Fine, whatever, you know better. You seem to take it much more seriously with that wall of text though.

Edited by Xaero

12 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

So. Since you want to be the one who is taking an obvious joke so seriously.

This is a feedback section. If you wanted to make a joke, it should be in the discussion sections instead of clogging feedback up with jokes and making it harder to see real feedback.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Erudite Prime:

There's Final Fantasy stuff in Assassin's Creed, so

AC Origins ... meets FF XV. A cooperation between Ubisoft and Square Enix. FF XV is personally one of the worst.

Edited by Omega-ZX