Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MB Clique Ruining Market

If you haven't noticed lately that riven prices are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, then you haven't watched trader chat for longer than 5 seconds. And it all boils down to a group of players, dubbing themselves "riven mafia", spiking prices on the market to absurd prices and then shaming you for not having 15k plat to spend on a mediocre riven. Oh you wanted a riven that actually has relevant stats? Those start at 20k.

Now must of us know how ridiculous these prices sound. A smaller margin of people, sadly, dont. And of course there's newer players and those who have just never had the need to trade,  that are getting on trade chat for the first time and seeing these posts. Now they have it in their head that that is how rivens are supposed to be traded and if good rivens go for that much surely a bad riven could get me a couple hundred plat right? 

Welcome to the trade chat of today. 

Something needs to be done, there's no reason that a group of people should be able to ruin the market, constantly express how they "run" the market, dub themselves the "riven mafia", constantly shame other players yet nothing is done. I've had a friend quit playing because her felt bullied in chat and didn't want to deal with it. I've had conversations with countless players in game about the things this group of people have done and how they treat people. 

This isnt right. Something needs to be done. 

• Like 3

oh, please. if you look at Trade postings of any item for example, there are always some postings that are nonsensical. just because someone wrote the characters into the Chat box, doesn't mean that they're actually getting the numbers they wrote.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 6

il y a 12 minutes, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R a dit :

That's not the problem. The problem is its inflating prices to ridiculous amounts

Riven prices are what the player wants, and everything in the game too, hell i could post WTS [ammo drum] 900000p and no one could argue with me, if you don't want it don't buy it. Also i don't get the shaming part ? If you pm them and they say 15k plat, just ignore it and move on , it's simple.

Although i think that Rivens should have their own trading tab because they take the whole trade chat away, and i also hate rivens, but you know ... people make plat with them ... and some get banned because of them ... but they are still in the game. Each gambler their own medicine . 

• Like 4

So the key to fixing a known problem is ignoring it?

Player: hm for scoliac riv?

MB***: 4.7k

Player: Nty

MB***: just another broke ass scrub

Player: (ignore)

Player:(receives Xbox message: hahaha #*!%in scrub git gud)

That's how most conversations go when dealing with these players. That's a normal trade conversation? People behaving like that should just be ignored, tolerated? Those who try to stand up and actually say something should be told just ignore it? You're right that sounds completely reasonable. My mistake. I'll just ignore it next time

Hehe. And I've just melted down two veiled Rivens I couldn't unveil into Endo last week.

Glad to know my decision to avoid the Riven market like combination of Syphilis and Bubonic Plague continue to be justified. Sure, could have got plats from them, but, you know, principles.

• Like 6

The riven gougers are their own game play loop, and they also help generate more sources for people to give DE money.
Most of the prices are drastically overinflated, hoping to take advantage of people, which is.. not something I would encourage by any means..

Though in a less extreme case.. there are players willing to brute force RNG, and people to pay them for their efforts.
That there, fundamentally is not a problem.. and shutting down everything shuts that down.

Were they to regulate the market, then perhaps I wouldn't be able to give out freebies without registering as a problem.. can't know for sure how they'd go about it.

The best way to handle the gougers is knowing they're sitting there for potentially hours posting the same overtly crazy price for hours and hours. That's punishment in and of itself, and a well deserved fate. 😉

I would sooner just not engage content, if it required I haggle with the trade lizards in order to accomplish it.

Oh, also worth suggesting.. if Xbox has a chat filter feature, adding riven modifier names can shut down a Ton of that chatter.

Edited by kapn655321

1 hour ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

If you haven't noticed lately that riven prices are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, then you haven't watched trader chat for longer than 5 seconds. And it all boils down to a group of players, dubbing themselves "riven mafia", spiking prices on the market to absurd prices and then shaming you for not having 15k plat to spend on a mediocre riven. Oh you wanted a riven that actually has relevant stats? Those start at 20k.

Now must of us know how ridiculous these prices sound. A smaller margin of people, sadly, dont. And of course there's newer players and those who have just never had the need to trade,  that are getting on trade chat for the first time and seeing these posts. Now they have it in their head that that is how rivens are supposed to be traded and if good rivens go for that much surely a bad riven could get me a couple hundred plat right? 

Welcome to the trade chat of today. 

Something needs to be done, there's no reason that a group of people should be able to ruin the market, constantly express how they "run" the market, dub themselves the "riven mafia", constantly shame other players yet nothing is done. I've had a friend quit playing because her felt bullied in chat and didn't want to deal with it. I've had conversations with countless players in game about the things this group of people have done and how they treat people. 

This isnt right. Something needs to be done. 

lol, and here I had trouble selling good rolls of rivens for some not so meta weapons (by no means useless weapons) for even a measly 80 P. (PC trade chat ofc).

I think I turned off trade chat (on PC)... a couple days after I started having access to trade chat, because it just went by too fast. I couldn't trade for anything. In the.. 2 years (?) since then, we got Maroo's Bazaar and some overhauled trade stuff. Also, what they're doing is harassment (technically), so encourage reporting. Gotta be a system somewhere for that.

28 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Hehe. And I've just melted down two veiled Rivens I couldn't unveil into Endo last week.

Glad to know my decision to avoid the Riven market like combination of Syphilis and Bubonic Plague continue to be justified. Sure, could have got plats from them, but, you know, principles.

You get a #respect for this. Riven trading is absolutely unhealthy for me as well. 

40 minutes ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

So the key to fixing a known problem is ignoring it?

Player: hm for scoliac riv?

MB***: 4.7k

Player: Nty

MB***: just another broke ass scrub

Player: (ignore)

Player:(receives Xbox message: hahaha #*!%in scrub git gud)

That's how most conversations go when dealing with these players. That's a normal trade conversation? People behaving like that should just be ignored, tolerated? Those who try to stand up and actually say something should be told just ignore it? You're right that sounds completely reasonable. My mistake. I'll just ignore it next time

Wait wait wait 
1st of all click players name on chat > report player > offensive language
2nd of all https://riven.market/list/PC
3rd im not sure now does ur problem comes from how ppl behave or from how much they want for riven?
4th just because u want something to cost less does not mean it should when there is high demand for it
5th when u WANT riven for scoliac its ur problem to get riven for it not any1 else since u can buy allot cheaper riven for different weapon that will do exactly same thing

No that's not the problem. I would pay for a riven if it had the stats I wanted and was a fair price all things considered. That is how it should be. But when an mr6 player thinks that rivens all sell for 20k plat then they start to want that account of plat for their rivens and so on and so forth. To the point that a few weeks ago fulmin rivs were selling for around 600p-1.5k for the good to Groll. Now,  weeks later, after hella weapon releases ppl are trying to sell unrolled fulmin rivens for 2k plat. It's not because they're worth that much that people are posting like that, it's because this group of people that all have MB in front of there name keep flooding trade chat with ridiculous prices and then shaming people for not paying that price. Which also makes other newer players think it's ok to talk to people in that manner. That's the problem