Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MB Clique Ruining Market

I don't know of a single game with trading of rare/unique items that doesn't feature such players.

And really their prices only matter if people are paying them and if people are then what's the issue? If nobody is buying them then it doesn't matter as they're just wasting their own time, as is anyone else who thinks those prices are "correct". Plus regardless of whether one wants to look at the actual trade data or not the fact remains that most Rivens don't sell at all for such prices or at least are only sold for that much to an insignificant number of people. For example people still try to sell Fulmin Rivens for thousands of plat yet the data proves that the average price of the ones that are sold is in the 250-350p range.

And if people are going to harass anyone for any reason then just report them, if they keep it up then they just get slapped with punishments until they either can't trade anymore or get outright banned.

Edited by trst

1 hour ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

So the key to fixing a known problem is ignoring it?

It's not a problem. 

People asking for ridiculous sums, are ridiculous. Use your ignore feature to block them. 

And no, your trash riven is not worth 200p.

Shelve your paranoia. It's not necessary. Sort of like rivens. 

The reason prices are high for Riven Mods is quite simple:

- Each Mod is beyond unique/rare as it's highly improbable to find 2 of the same mod.

- Given the nature of them, they enable "whales" or players with loads of Platinum to have an avenue to trade with. For the longest time, the people with tens or hundreds of thousands of Platinum had no use for it. Now, they do.

You can't blame players for a free market system. Demand for good Rivens is high, and the supply is essentially just 1-5 for the same stats. For the same percentages, there is only realistically 1 Mod out there.

If you don't want to spend the inflated price, you either need more Platinum, or you don't buy the mod.

Edited by Voltage

5 hours ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

Player: hm for scoliac riv?

MB***: 4.7k

Player: Nty

MB***: just another broke ass scrub

Player: (ignore)

Player:(receives Xbox message: hahaha #*!%in scrub git gud)

That's how most conversations go when dealing with these players. That's a normal trade conversation? People behaving like that should just be ignored, tolerated? Those who try to stand up and actually say something should be told just ignore it? You're right that sounds completely reasonable. My mistake. I'll just ignore it next time

If players are harassing, screenshot and send to support in a ticket.  Also report the XBL messages.

1 - there is no riven mafia, if you knew the ammount of rivens circulating , the ammount of accounts needed to control such thing (because there is a limit you can hold per account), the ammount of rivens that aren't even registered on any market or forums then you would know such thing is bogus.

I'll give an example, black market dealers also sell rivens, some of them being pretty good, the problem is, there is no one on the forums or any market with such rivens, nothing, not now, not previously, they simply have rivens that are specifically used for the black market, they don't trade them, there is no logs on the forums, they din't buy them from warframe market, nothing, they simply grinded and rerolled the rivens so that they can't be traced to a particular user, this doesn't happen everytime but these players exist, meaning there are tons and tons of rivens around that aren't available for trading, myself included, i have 90 rivens or so and i have none for sale, if you wanted to hold my rivens it would take 1 account, now imagine holding somekind of control of all the community rivens, how many thousands of accounts would a group need?

You teling me a group of 10 players can do that? if so where are they now, where are that active group? to me it seems some vanished or quited the game and i'm sure they will never tell you the actual reason behind it.

2 - sellers are free to advertise the price they want, free market rules

3 - DE doesn't like unbalanced trades, certain values have a high chance of causing reverted trades and potentially warned or banned accounts, too low and the same principle applies, since the rule support follows is "unbalanced trades aren't allowed" and this differs from support member to support member.

This may have an added effect of causing the riven to appear in your inventory and because of this, it becomes untradable, so make sure when selling that you atleast like the riven, because if you don't and the trade is reversed, you are stuck with said riven forever

4 - high value substantially increase the chances of being involved with black market dealers, who try to get an ammount that will stick around but want it to be really big, because the more you get, the more sales you can potentially do, primed chamber is a fine example of something with a chance that is near 100%, if you try to buy or sell it, it doesn't matter the value, because it's a clear sign a black market deal is going to happen, so obviously while a riven raises a few problems with a 200k value, players can try and maximize the profit by making them valuable, but not 200k, so 20k is nice especially if more rivens are available

Even if the trade ends up being ok but the other player is involved in the black market, support may check where the items and the plat came from, if things come from you, it may cause problems on your account, you might be inocent but you are punished either way because the entire thing was unbalanced and you should know better.

To avoid this, make sure high value trades contain a chat log you can save, maybe discuss the trade on the forums or via PM (trading section) so that in the off chance things go bad, you can tell support on a value that was agreed and you have logs to back them up.

I also lost count on the players who seemed ok and were potential players with legitimate primed chamber trades, sadly they all turned to be actual black market dealers, which is why you stop seeing them after such trades happen.

5 - you can sell rivens of your own, like duplicates, to get a hold of rivens that other players are selling

6 - don't lecture the seller on the correct price, because sometimes the high price is to trigger players like you, who will lecture, maybe insult, and that gives info to the seller that the buyer isn't someone they want to trade with, the player conduct comes 1st, the profit later, meaning if you act like that on a seller, you may lose the opportunity to deal with said seller for other items and sadly you won't be able to enforce the rule "you must trade with unpleasant players", DE will not interfere on personal decisions like prices or who should a player trade with.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 1

Rivens are a very optional mod. Usually you can make any weapon you like good without them. To be honest even mediocre weapons can work crazy good with like 4 mods.

There is absolutely no reason to engage into rivens beyond getting to god level of opness and there is almost no reason to trade them.

I traded just for a few, mostly unrolled for weapons i liked for a total of less than 300p and i have some crazy good rivens worth probably by normal market values around 20kp (i valued for example my rubico cc multi heat - inf for 1.5kp, no its not for sale). 

Trade chat is absolute garbage and i avoid it at all costs. Use the markets, experience is on a different level and prices are not ridicolous. 

Buy unrolled and work towards your rivens and you will eventually have a nice collection of them. 

If there is a riven mafia i have not met any of them in my 1.4k hours, 60+ rivens.. 

Dude, I'm on Xbox, where the hell are you seeing these prices?

Top end prices are usually in the region of 2-3k with the odd chancer sometimes asking way more but that's rare.

2-3k is a helluva amount of plat to me for a riven, but I know players who are sitting on 10's of k plat who would think otherwise.   What one player thinks is extortionate another won't, it's subjective.

And, if you've been lucky enough to get a really good riven for a popular/meta weapon you should be able to ask as much as you want, it's a free market.  That doesn't mean they'll get what they're asking though.

Oh I just don't bother with these shenanigans.

The riven I do get, I use. Free riven? Cool I'll take 'em if I don't have one. Duplicates? If I chance upon a WTB sure, we can work out something. But then there is a ceiling so most of the time I melt them down to save space. You want 134k plat for that riven? Good luck buddy, the most I can do for you is roll my eyes.

No point getting all worked up over something you can't control. It is a game after all. Surely the worrying about a volatile economy IRL is already sufficient.

All the people in this thread saying “don’t like it, just don’t buy it, they can charge whatever they want” are missing the point. Choosing not to engage in a corrupt activity doesn’t stop that activity from happening. There will always be new players or players who don’t pay attention to the forums who will fall victim to this kind of stuff.

This isn’t a case of someone overcharging for a riven they value a little too highly. Obvious and intentional market manipulation like this should absolutely be against the rules and needs to be stopped.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk

9 hours ago, (XB1)LA DU7CH MA5T3R said:

Player: hm for scoliac riv?

MB***: 4.7k

Player: Nty

MB***: just another broke ass scrub

Player: (ignore)

Player:(receives Xbox message: hahaha #*!%in scrub git gud)

That's how most conversations go when dealing with these players. That's a normal trade conversation? People behaving like that should just be ignored, tolerated? Those who try to stand up and actually say something should be told just ignore it? You're right that sounds completely reasonable. My mistake. I'll just ignore it next time

If someone needs a riven to do anything in this game the last thing on the planet they should be doing is calling other people scrubs.  Just think of it like that.  

Edited by OmegaDonut
  • Like 1

Supply and demand.  People can ask whatever they want for something, it doesn’t mean others are willing to buy it at that price.  If you want a riven you are perfectly free to earn it the same way everyone else does if you don’t want to pay what someone in trade is asking.

At no point should DE become involved in trading beyond providing it and ensuring it remains fair in terms of people not getting ripped off in some way (and overpaying for an item doesn’t meet that benchmark).

Honestly DE should just make a separate trade chat only for Rivens.

Because no matter if you're on console or PC the utterly obnoxious flood of copy/paste Riven postings makes it insanely hard to both buy and sell anything else due to it getting buried under a 3 page long "WTS GRAM BADONKADONK 2k PLAT (etc.)" post.

If DE would just make a "Riven Trade" chat and make Riven's non-linkable in the normal trade chat (leave them linkable elsewhere for price checks or showing off) it would go a long way to allowing people to shove Riven spam out of sight and out of mind.

1 hour ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

All the people in this thread saying “don’t like it, just don’t buy it, they can charge whatever they want” are missing the point. Choosing not to engage in a corrupt activity doesn’t stop that activity from happening. There will always be new players or players who don’t pay attention to the forums who will fall victim to this kind of stuff.

This isn’t a case of someone overcharging for a riven they value a little too highly. Obvious and intentional market manipulation like this should absolutely be against the rules and needs to be stopped.

I believe you are missing the entire point of the free market, including the decision (which isn't your responsibility) of players deciding on their own budget to make access to something a bit better, yes you will likely be left in the dust by someone with a bigger budget, but remember, that player payed for the plat or traded enough content to have that confortable budget, you can't simply moan and cry on the forums and dictate that such prices and such budgets are against the rules, simply because you decided so.

DE will not interfere with player responsibilities, including on how to play the game, what objective the player should aim for nor personal decisons like prices and budget.

Support can grab an average riven price and simply say that the trade you did was unfair and reverse it, but only they can dictate and that's usually reserved for some rather unusual prices and/or certain users that are already beeing watched, not to mention we are all human but everyone has a different view on what is fair or not, you are entitled to have an opinion, but you cannot decide and DE will not impose limits that anyone can follow, worst case scenario the trade trigers a few alarms for manual inspection, but any trade is allowed as long both players agree on the terms (cost)

You can however dictate a few things that are under your control (like your own personal trades), if you own a clan or are in one, you can certainly impose limits on clan inner trading, letting players know that anything past these limits and you will kick them, you can certainly do this, if it's your clan, you make the decisions.

Here's a small pro-tip for you:

Don't suggest reasonable things on the forum.

People will REEEEEE at you like there's no tomorrow.

Believe me, I'm talking from experience here. Suggest some random BS that would most definitely ruin the game? +1

Suggest something that actually makes perfect sense? "Get outta here ya filthy casual."

God I hate people.

Edited by o0Despair0o