Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Intermission 2

Oryana

Well, yeah. As soon as I saw it the first time, I thought it was intended to just shell out stuff while they're busy releasing Liches and Railjack, then hold things through February.

Apparently we'll be getting plans for Season 3 at some stage. Maybe in the next Devstream, which is definitely this week.

Edited by KnossosTNC
Information mix-up in my head.

I came back from a break about half way through this intermission, looked at the rewards and thought I'll be happy to get half way through before it ends.

I'm amazed we're now half way through January and without even trying very hard and skipping a lot of the tasks I'll hit rank 30 this week.

The length of time both the seasons and now intermissions drag on for is getting ridiculous tbh.  I know de is busy, but nw is a core gameplay feature the development of which should be planned well in advance.

At this rate we'll be lucky to get 2 actual seasons this year, considering they now last for 12-14 weeks and the intermissions last the same.   That's a far cry from the 10 week duration and constant new stories we were told it was going to be.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Alot of people are speculating/hyping that season 3 is about New War, but lol fat chance of that happing. 

Not all that unreasonable, actually. It honestly would depend on how long DE plans for the New War to go on for, and when they want it to start. We know it's an 'over time' event, but how much time? If it's something that's meant to be a theme for the whole year, then DE will probably want a relatively slow-burn opener to build up to the really bombastic stuff. Nightwave would be perfect as a setting for that. It's an underground radio program reporting on rumours - it's a perfect setting for DE to start New-War related story without it being the main focus of the update. Nora reporting on rumours of mysterious attacks or structures popping up.

It's within the realm of possibility. Is that's what's going to happen? Hell if I know.

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Apparently we'll get plans for Season 3 in the next Devstream, which might be this week.

Where'd you hear that? I'm not doubting you, just curious because I haven't seen it and there might be more that I have missed

11 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Not all that unreasonable, actually. It honestly would depend on how long DE plans for the New War to go on for, and when they want it to start. We know it's an 'over time' event, but how much time? If it's something that's meant to be a theme for the whole year, then DE will probably want a relatively slow-burn opener to build up to the really bombastic stuff. Nightwave would be perfect as a setting for that. It's an underground radio program reporting on rumours - it's a perfect setting for DE to start New-War related story without it being the main focus of the update. Nora reporting on rumours of mysterious attacks or structures popping up.

It's within the realm of possibility. Is that's what's going to happen? Hell if I know.

Ture, but given that the "big massive update" is now a "Roadmap" for a Roadmap and we all kown how that ended for other games. (And look at Old Blood/Railjack) 

I like nightwave. At least what it was meant to be at the beginning. But if DE is gonna treat it as a second rate system which comes handy only when they have extra or recycled assets to give away with little effort, I might as well wish for alerts to comeback.

Where's the story? What's with the full-season lenght for Intermission 2? Why do intermissions have a lack of a plan for alternate, currency-based, rewards for players who completed previous seasons? Why is it a lesser system than the "next hype project" such as an open world or space battle simulator? Why not develop new things without completely pooping on existing stuff? Why not leave a minimum but comfortable number of developers to work on existing systems instead of having them cannibalized for the big yearly project team? Why gimp the game for a part of it that doesn't even exist "yet"?

Clem, so many questions...

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

44 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

Where'd you hear that? I'm not doubting you, just curious because I haven't seen it and there might be more that I have missed

Okay, so, a bit of a clarification here. I have a decent memory for information, but I sometimes get details mixed up. When I went to check my sources, it turned out it was the other way round; Nightwave Season 3 is coming but has no firm date, as communicated by Rebecca on Twitter:

It's still possible that those plans could show up in the next Devstream, but that's not certain. What is certain is that the next Devstream is definitely this week, as mentioned in last week's Prime Time:

At the 6:00 mark, they mentioned a special 1 million Twitch Follower stream to follow after the Devstream, scheduled for "next week" at the time of this was streamed, which is this week.

So yeah, to confirm and summarise; Season 3 happening, info coming, but no firm date. Maybe next Devstream, which is definitely this week. I have edited my original post to clarify this information.

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Why not leave a minimum but comfortable number of developers to work on existing systems instead of having them cannibalized for the big yearly project team?

See, I will happily take a big dump on League of Legends at any occasion possible, BUT...

BUT, Riot Games has it going on with:

1. The Live Gameplay team (red-hot issue fixing, last minute patches, your firefighters basically);
  2. The New Champion Teams (PLURAL! They make new characters, and nothing else);
  3. The Champion Rework Teams (PLURAL too! THey do nothing but make older characters have a place in a constantly evolving game, you wish that happened in Warframe);
  4. Side-gamemode Team (They make bonus, random gamemodes for fun and keeping it fresh);
  5. The who-the-hell-knows-how-many-other-teams, each with precisely defined role, as if a perfect cog in a giant, well-oiled machine.

And that, ladies, gentlemen and non-binary gentlepersons, that is how you make video games.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

My biggest problem is I completed both actual Nightwave stories and got all the exclusive items, so having them appear again in the intermission means nothing to me. I completed it for the Umbra Forma (if that wasn't there I wouldn't have even bothered) and now I'm sitting here occasionally getting 15 NW credits when reactors are something like 75 NW Credits.

They should add some new weapons into the NW store. Like who hasn't fully leveled a Dark Dagger yet?