Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Effort x Luck and REACTORs

Arkraty

In warframe everyone know what there is and was always a farm for items and mods... I recognize that

But the way the new game mode is now, Railjack "effort and reward" are distorted of main game. Why all depends on one item

Reactors (Vidar ones specifically) = determine how much avionics a ship can hold consequently his power

The power and skills in railjack are determined for how good your reactor are.... no matter how many avionics you gathered

I farmed already 4 vidar reactors - with capacity of 30 - 33 - 59 - 61 avionics [A nightmare]

I already have almost all avionics but this factor don't matter, because of the reactors rules -

Mostly my friends got the 80-90 capacity and dont even play Railjack anymore and I am locked with HOURS farming more vidar reactors

This is fair? This is the objective in warframe now? To farm CAPACITY for mods?(avionics)

• Like 1

Since the updates they plan on releasing are big, they need to make sure players get interested in the game for a long period of time, so layers of RNG and poor drops are added, this also causes another problem of overgrinding someting, on the top of my head is dirac, the endo equivalent, meaning that it's hard to get at the start, but once you do have it, you get tons and tons of it, surpassing the necessity for it, so next time a mod or mechanic is introduced and they look at the ammounts players have, they either need to make it grindy or they need to introduce something new.

Railjack is already something new and feels separated from the rest of the game, thanks to the mod system, capacity, resources and so on, all of those are the results of overgrinding something, something DE despises because it makes you ready for new content day one, while this is rewarding for the player because you grind before content being out, it's anightmare for DE, they need to implement new things, spend time doing so, because they want to go in that single direction where they only read the feedback they want and it happens when they want to push some kind of agenda, like nightwave, which ended up being an excuse to remove alerts

Do i like this? no

Will i play the game? yes and that is both a good and bad thing for DE, because we will keep overgrinding for content thanks to the rng involved, this is a snowball, the more rng (and this kind stated by op is very bad planing), the more we overgrind something, meaning the next update will have even more rng and new mechanics where we start from 0, so delays in releasing content is mainly caused by DE decisions to make thiese convoluted updates with tons of new things and layers of RNG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

they need to make sure players get interested in the game for a long period of time, so layers of RNG and poor drops are added

The layers of RNG and poor drops are making sure players lose interest in the game.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Since the updates they plan on releasing are big, they need to make sure players get interested in the game for a long period of time, so layers of RNG and poor drops are added, this also causes another problem of overgrinding someting, on the top of my head is dirac, the endo equivalent, meaning that it's hard to get at the start, but once you do have it, you get tons and tons of it, surpassing the necessity for it, so next time a mod or mechanic is introduced and they look at the ammounts players have, they either need to make it grindy or they need to introduce something new.

Railjack is already something new and feels separated from the rest of the game, thanks to the mod system, capacity, resources and so on, all of those are the results of overgrinding something, something DE despises because it makes you ready for new content day one, while this is rewarding for the player because you grind before content being out, it's anightmare for DE, they need to implement new things, spend time doing so, because they want to go in that single direction where they only read the feedback they want and it happens when they want to push some kind of agenda, like nightwave, which ended up being an excuse to remove alerts

Do i like this? no

Will i play the game? yes and that is both a good and bad thing for DE, because we will keep overgrinding for content thanks to the rng involved, this is a snowball, the more rng (and this kind stated by op is very bad planing), the more we overgrind something, meaning the next update will have even more rng and new mechanics where we start from 0, so delays in releasing content is mainly caused by DE decisions to make thiese convoluted updates with tons of new things and layers of RNG

Why play something you don't like 

I just like to remind that anyone can finish Veil by just joining pubs, that does not require a high capacity reactor at all. I have a tricked up Railjack myself that barely left the dock. 

However, not all players are the same and dealing with RNG in Railjack just makes things more difficult due to several factors. Some players do things solo (and be successful) but it can take more time, lessens the frequency of drops and cuts the chances for a good roll with it. Others are just not a fan of the new game mode at all, so any effort instantly becomes a chore. Last but not the least, some are just bad or will not even try even though I witnessed players, with a decent group, farm Veil with no  battle avionics, bad weaponry, not a Zekti bulkhead in sight and having only Clan researched Sigma III parts. None of this personal preferences are wrong, but such restrictions mixed with bad luck only makes every bit of it feel like a punch in the face.

TBH, the only saving grace for DE I can think of is opening trade for Railjack parts like the Avionics.

I genuinely enjoy playing Railjack and I still am while farming Intrinsic (Asterite 😫) and Avionics to trade. I am still reeling from a spate of unbelievable luck after countless failures and I am sure there is a silent mob out there having the same experience. It might come like I am gloating and hard to accept but try not to think much about the math behind the RNG and give pubs a chance at least until your Railjack is reliable. A very good squad can finish Gian Point under 5-7 minutes with spare time to farm resources if agreed upon.

Edited by Alpha_Tango
hard to do corrections with a cellphone...

2 hours ago, (XB1)JDEALS said:

At least you got a Vidar reactor to drop I’ve done 150+ runs on GIAN point and I haven’t had a single one drop. 😞

Seen one and it had <50 capacity, currently using a 60 Lavan 😑

I'm very glad to have maxed Intrinsics before the latest nerfs, definitely not going to grind any extra Railjack missions just to have a miniscule chance to improve that fat bird.

Vidar reactors? I thought, they were just a myth 😉 Now that I've heard, how bad those could actually roll, I'm almost lucky I got spared from the frustration... Whoever is responsible at DE for such a wide RNG range to actually be implemented should immediately be repositioned to another task as they are obviously incapable to deliver a fun experience for the players. Still running my 64 capacity Lavan reactor from my very first Veil mission, never had any other reactor dropping since then (except for the useless Zetki ones). Can't wait to see its capacity, when we console players will get the updates, too. Guess, the best thing to do in the meantime is to farm tons of Titanium as I will have to exchange my whole weaponry (DE, Titanium is the dealbreaker, not Astride, by the way).