Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Really Need A Way To Play Missed Alerts~! :(

KamaNightfire

2lwpr4o.png

I had been waiting a long while for this to finally pop up, and didn't even know it was there until I logged in today. As you can tell I ALMOST didn't get it. Would have sucked if I had decided to check something else or went to eat breakfast before getting on Warframe.

I woke up at 6 AM this morning and decided to check my emails and make some coffee. This normally isn't a time i'd wake up on a Friday, I would have slept in a few more hours normally and never knew it had passed me by.

I know you can't schedule Alerts for everyone, and that RNG is RNG, but there needs to be some system to allow people to have access to ones they couldn't get to. Why can't you allow someone a handful of " picked " alerts every week. Let's say we had a total of 150+ alerts in a week, just to throw a number up here. DE can keep track of what alerts were shown for that week. Every player could then get a choice of picking 3 of the alerts they missed that week to go ahead and do outside its normal timeframe, and it would be tough-luck for any other alerts you missed.

This would allow those whom work or couldn't do the alert themselves to at least have a chance at a handful of them a week, to that person whom missed their Rifle Amp, or Energy Siphon could have a way of getting it, without having to wait weeks or months in hopes of another one to stop by they could actually get.

Of course the alert would be limited only to missions you've actually done, same as we have them now, you wouldn't be able to piggy-back on a friend for these, if they happen to be level 120+, you're just going to have to give it your all and hope you finish it. Maybe add in that players could attempt it for as long as the mission originally lasted.

Alert selections would end once a week at a specific time. Picking an alert would throw it up in the alert section under a new tab, different from the active alerts. If the alert you picked was originally 1 hour 10 minutes, it would start its timer there and down.

I know there's Apps for this kind of thing, but most missed alerts are due to work or sleep. This would help out a lot of people whom don't have that spare time to sit and wait for an alert, and would still give plenty of incentive for people to do alerts when they see them.

This is just a suggestion on my part, as I said fairly early for myself so expect run-ons and the sort.

EDIT : This is not me complaining about the alert, I got my Rifle Amp.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

Alert system is RNG, it cannot be your local time orienteated. Nor mine, nor anyone elses.

And the point of Alerts is that if you might have some luck, you can get what you need, or if you cannot wait, you will buy plat.

It is not here to convenient. If you want convenience, buy plat.

Alert system is RNG, it cannot be your local time orienteated. Nor mine, nor anyone elses.

And the point of Alerts is that if you might have some luck, you can get what you need, or if you cannot wait, you will buy plat.

It is not here to convenient. If you want convenience, buy plat.

I already stated that I know it will not cater to the time of everyone else.

Buyng Platinum does not promise Auras in any shape or form, just paying for another form of RNG with a MUCH larger pool to be screwed in.

Ah, another Rifle Amp alert missed, pretty much the only aura I don't have yet (except for Shield Disruption and Speed Holster)...

...such is life.

My V-aura polarity frames are crying at the missed opportunity. Steel Charge kinda blows if you're not using a frame that synergizes with it. :c

Edited by qqchurch

I miss probably 90% of the alerts, and some of those are cause I don't choose to play them @_@.    The idea is okay, but sounds like it would be solo only, and some of those aura mods show up on defense maps.   WIth surviving 10 waves, and if thats starting off in the level 100+ for one person...  and with the current armor system..  Dunno if its a sound ldea.

Eh, uncommon, then. Yet, it has only been 2 weeks or so.

that's 2 weeks ago with a 1 hour timeframe mind you. Don't happen to get it within that 1 hour, guess you'll be waiting for another random chance at it, and since it's RNG based, that could be many more weeks.

that's 2 weeks ago with a 1 hour timeframe mind you. Don't happen to get it within that 1 hour, guess you'll be waiting for another random chance at it, and since it's RNG based, that could be many more weeks.

Ah, relax. It's not worse than buying an item, because there were no alerts for it, and it suddenly shows up, like "Hey, idiot. Did ya' miss me?"

Ah, relax. It's not worse than buying an item, because there were no alerts for it, and it suddenly shows up, like "Hey, idiot. Did ya' miss me?"

If there was a more legitimate way to purchase Auras then that would be fine, but buying mod packs is anything but a legitimate chance at what you want. At best you could try Transmutation, even then i'm unsure if you can get Auras from it.

I made a suggestion a while back that they should separate the RNG Rolls for Alerts that happen between A.M. and P.M. Everybody in the world has to sleep at some point, and while it's not "unfair" by any stretch of the imaginetion ( the "R" in RNG stands for "Random", of course )-- it is discouraging when an Alert that you've been waiting weeks for happens while you're asleep, which means you now know that it's "chance" has been reset to "low".

Separating the RNG rolls between A.M. and P.M. ( every 12 hours ) makes missed alerts a lot less discouraging for people in different timezones, while at the same time still keeping alerts random and unpredictable, like they always have been ( and always should be ).

Edited by TheResult

Except, of course, for the people centered 6hrs off your time zone divider - they're now dealing with 2 pools instead of 1.  For them, unwanted items will basically have to pop twice before they're out of their effective pool.  Not to mention the distinct possibility of 2 alerts for potatoes in short order - 1 at the end of the first pool, 1 at the beginning of the second pool.  Can you imagine the howling that would cause?

A single, uniform pool is at the very least undeniably fair to everyone.  Your suggestions can't claim that, as you have people who play within 1 pools hours, and people who's playtime is split across multiple pools.

Except, of course, for the people centered 6hrs off your time zone divider - they're now dealing with 2 pools instead of 1.  For them, unwanted items will basically have to pop twice before they're out of their effective pool.  Not to mention the distinct possibility of 2 alerts for potatoes in short order - 1 at the end of the first pool, 1 at the beginning of the second pool.  Can you imagine the howling that would cause?

A single, uniform pool is at the very least undeniably fair to everyone.  Your suggestions can't claim that, as you have people who play within 1 pools hours, and people who's playtime is split across multiple pools.

Nothing that you said about my suggestion made it "unfair", though? Dealing with 2 pools instead of 1 is still 2 pools for any person; that's still 2 opportunities for a certain item in an alert ( and a greater chance that the alert you want will happen when you're actually awake ).

Even if you're 6 hours off the Time Zone Divider being used by DE ( I assume EDT )-- so, when it's Midnight for DE, it's 6 AM or 6 PM for you-- no matter how you look at it, you've got a better chance that the item will show up when you're awake, and that's great. Let's say that you go to sleep at Midnight, and you sleep for 7 hours ( average reccomended amount of sleep ).. You were awake for the first 6 hours of a pool, slept through the other 6 hours, and only slept through 1 hour of the second pool. You now have 11 hours of the second pool remaining, and then another 6 hours of the first pool before you go to sleep again ( assuming you sleep at midnight every day ).

If your timezone is perfectly matched up with DE's and you go to bed at Midnight and sleep for 7 hours, you'll have 5 hours left in the first pool and the full 12 hours left in the second pool.

A stroke of bad luck involving both pools would be unfortunate, but no matter how you look at it, it still increases everybody's chances of the Alert that they want showing up while they're awake ( particularly the majority of people who follow a certain sleep schedule, or internal clock, and go to sleep at roughly the same time every day ). Everybody has to sleep at some time, and this system covers those bases.

Edited by TheResult

A week ago we had Jaw sword twice in a row, and AM and a PM.  Come to the forums and read people pissed about an item repeating itself in the alerts. 

fast forward a week...

Miss an alert and want a chance at the same item later in the day...

Welcome to a video game forum.  No matter how a system works someone is not happy.

Nothing that you said about my suggestion made it "unfair", though? Dealing with 2 pools instead of 1 is still 2 pools for any person; that's still 2 opportunities for a certain item in an alert ( and a greater chance that the alert you want will happen when you're actually awake ).

Even if you're 6 hours off the Time Zone Divider being used by DE ( I assume EDT )-- so, when it's Midnight for DE, it's 6 AM or 6 PM for you-- no matter how you look at it, you've got a better chance that the item will show up when you're awake, and that's great. Let's say that you go to sleep at Midnight, and you sleep for 7 hours ( average reccomended amount of sleep ).. You were awake for the first 6 hours of a pool, slept through the other 6 hours, and only slept through 1 hour of the second pool. You now have 11 hours of the second pool remaining, and then another 6 hours of the first pool before you go to sleep again ( assuming you sleep at midnight every day ).

If your timezone is perfectly matched up with DE's and you go to bed at Midnight and sleep for 7 hours, you'll have 5 hours left in the first pool and the full 12 hours left in the second pool.

A stroke of bad luck involving both pools would be unfortunate, but no matter how you look at it, it still increases everybody's chances of the Alert that they want showing up while they're awake ( particularly the majority of people who follow a certain sleep schedule, or internal clock, and go to sleep at roughly the same time every day ). Everybody has to sleep at some time, and this system covers those bases.

No, it's not increasing it.  That's the whole point.  Since there is half the time in the rotation, there are half the alerts, and therefore the time between an alert in any given block is going to be double what it currently is. 

Instead of missing an alert and waiting a week for another chance, you're now waiting *two* weeks.  This is not helping.