Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Average of over 160 hours estimated to Rank 10 all 4 Intrinsics (With affinity booster)

FataL-Flaw

For anyone who missed out on the fun, the stealth farm -> abort method of leveling intrinsics averaged out to a hair over 2 intrinsics gained per minute with affinity booster.

Solo stealth farming but still finishing the entire mission (still possible today) averaged out to at least 1 intrinsics per minute.(This was far more prone to variation, whether RJ would get too ruptured etc and you  have to go patch)

Current method, playing the [DE]Mandated way of pew pewing 90 fighters and 6 crewships, with a full competent crew -> 0.4 average intrinsics per minute with affinity booster. (This is with a well fit RJ, dedicated crewship reactor popper, void hole, munition vortex, etc..)

So to recap:

• Stealth Farm -> Abort To 4x Rank 10 = (4048 / 2)/60 = 33 Mission Hours
  • Stealth Farm -> Finish (Solo - Requires time commitment to finish) = 66 Mission Hours
  • Normal Play w/ Good Group = 168 Mission Hours
  • Normal Play without booster.. 336 Mission Hours!

That is an unbelievable amount of time to get all of the skills maxed out, and far out of reach for any casual player with other life priorities.  Do you need all rank 10?  Of course not, but intrinsics are not the same as the focus tree.

This is why people stealth farmed, and continue to stealth farm when they can.  Otherwise the grind is just too much to fathom.

• Like 4

For me the question would be: "Why bother?"

For MR? Sure, if you want to have big Warframe pp.

For the rank 9 and 10 perks themselves? I mean, you can play RJ without them and by the time you unlock all of them there is probably not much else to do in RJ.

Outside of that I don't see the point. I would stop at Rank 8 for the Archwing buffs.

Edited by Sagittarix
  • Like 6

Well as usual DE doesn't know how to balance things.... I already wasn't wanting to play railjack, this just makes me even less interested, there is no way I'd spend that sort of time in railjack, it just isn't good enough or even fun enough for that.... 

I've already been playing considerably less since liches and railjack, this sort of excessive grind might be enough for me to cut my losses and find something else to play....

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Haven't aborted any missions

It's possible if you were doing stealth kills.  Every once in a while I could get my RJ in a state of repeatedly getting boarding parties for good stealth exp.  It didn't always happen though.

I wasn't advocating for aborting per se, but looking at the grind playing 'normally' interjects some sanity into this.

Some people on the forums are still frothing at the mouth calling for stealth bonus and affinity boosters to stop affecting intrinsic gain..  Crying 'exploit' over it.  As if  it's the end of the world if anyone can have a life and progress in RJ..

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I don't think any other game mode let's us keep affinity if we abort. So what is the problem?

Well, it does actually.  They all do.  The abort button even says you do, and still does even in railjack..

The only thing you give up is the loot and the bonus affinity.  Even if you quit or fail you keep all of the base affinity, focus, etc..

• Like 1

You do realize that you will have Railjack missions every now and then, and you'll eventually have them all maxed without grinding like a madman ?

Even if you don't, R10s suck, if you're only a 9999 railjacker, you'll be perfectly fine. In fact, you would probably not notice that someone in your crew is 4444...

Can you do the same calculations for reaching all Syndicates to max rank and 132/132k standing ? And for maxing all Weapons to lvl 30 (40) with 5 formas each ? Thanks, I need useless information too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FataL-Flaw said:

It's possible if you were doing stealth kills.  Every once in a while I could get my RJ in a state of repeatedly getting boarding parties for good stealth exp.  It didn't always happen though.

I wasn't advocating for aborting per se, but looking at the grind playing 'normally' interjects some sanity into this.

Some people on the forums are still frothing at the mouth calling for stealth bonus and affinity boosters to stop affecting intrinsic gain..  Crying 'exploit' over it.  As if  it's the end of the world if anyone can have a life and progress in RJ..

I'm only saying it's totally possible to farm fast even without aborting. Just take Seeker Volley to Earth (Bendar Cluster was my choice) and spam it to kill all fighters, you won't even need to fly around.

As for stealth farm, I'm really surprised they haven't nerfed (fixed?) it. Stealth counter ignores enemy alert state for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I'm only saying it's totally possible to farm fast even without aborting. Just take Seeker Volley to Earth (Bendar Cluster was my choice) and spam it to kill all fighters, you won't even need to fly around.

As for stealth farm, I'm really surprised they haven't nerfed (fixed?) it. Stealth counter ignores enemy alert state for some reason.

If you’re lucky enough to have particle ram, enemies will literally kill themselves like bugs on a windshield. Was soloing easiest mission on Earth to fly around and gather titanium, and my idiot cat decided it was prime time to chew electrical cables. Cue the wild chase to get them to stop. I come back to the controller and the enemy fighters are all dead, just crew ships remaining. 

Edited by (XB1)TheRosenBones
  • Like 2

Did it occur to any of you masochists that you aren't supposed to just instantly get all 10 intrinsics? That maybe it's normal to just not bother with utterly useless ranks 8+, and naturally accumulate those points over time while doing other stuff? And that maybe, if you don't find RJ fun to play, you shouldn't torture yourself with intrinsics to begin with? What are you going to do with them? What's the reward? Affinity? Omegalul.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Did it occur to any of you masochists that you aren't supposed to just instantly get all 10 intrinsics? That maybe it's normal to just not bother with utterly useless ranks 8+, and naturally accumulate those points over time while doing other stuff? And that maybe, if you don't find RJ fun to play, you shouldn't torture yourself with intrinsics to begin with? What are you going to do with them? What's the reward? Affinity? Omegalul.

B-But, Muh MR Points! Must get them all or I'll die!

Perhaps

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

What is that? Logic? On the forums?

If I was DE I would make all trees go to 15 and keep the 2x per level thing going.  So 32000 to max a tree then give faster points. Like 50 a mission. When we do harder missions at level 100 fighters it’ll go up to 150ish. The complaints would go up of corse with people needing to finish in a week, but at lest they’ll always be something to look at doing in RJ.

I would unterstand it, if intrinsics at higher lvl would make a noticeable difference, but until they get worth the points, the forced intrinsic farm is useless. May DE shouldve sticked to the daily capped stuff, like they did with syndicates, be able to get 100 intrinsics a day would also expand the days ppl have to play rj.

Honestly it just occured to me that usually the big boys (veterans) on the forums were always crying that everything lasts for one week at best.

So here you go I guess. Now the devs want to make a system that supposed to last longer. And if I heared it right the New War will be a longer event and not just one quest.

Edited by JackHargreav

So ? Maybe people should start realising that intrinsics are supposed to be leveled alongside futur RJ updates, and are not a thing to be rushed like a lemming in the first month, when clearly the game gives no incentive to push the grind that far.

• Like 2

DE's plan for having insane hours of getting all the MR is because so they can take their time getting other content out. Maybe they are tired of hearing people say content drought all the time. That's why they make Lich and Railjack grind very unbearable.

So as usual, some bad apples will always kill the tree.

What you say is true, and this would be a problem if it were not that  what we got right now is just a smaaaaaaal portion of railjack, new missions/things to do, are on the way, yes, farming intrinsics right now is tedious, especially when you finish all the missions left on the starchat and because there isn't such a huge variety in the missions, but when new stuff will come, you will have to play the game, and doing that, you will gain more intrinsics without getting bored because ther ewill be more stuff to do.

People always complain about finishign everything in less than 1 week, and after, there is nothing left to do, and when De introduces something that cannot be finishied/completed/reached in no time, here we are again, witht he complains....

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Fallen77:

So ? Maybe people should start realising that intrinsics are supposed to be leveled alongside futur RJ updates, and are not a thing to be rushed like a lemming in the first month, when clearly the game gives no incentive to push the grind that far.

Or Maybe they wanted to get them asap because without them the handling of your ship feels clunky, QoL things like the sling shot aren’t working, engineering is unrewarding?

Why is there any need to lock proper handling perks? I mean what does a new player see if he starts his first mission? Railjack is slow, cant boost, flying around is clunky, dodging is meh, cant use the equipment of the ship etc. What will happen then? Does he come to the conclusion that RJ doesn’t make fun? Probably. And that’s even more stupid if you’re going to introduce a fully new game mode and starting it with a nonfunctional ship.

I mean if they wanted it to be a space sim (not sure about with the lack of a real 3D Spaceworld here) why aren’t the well-established space flight standards from the beginning?

You can still do the stealth farm you just can't abort anymore.

If you have a well equipped railJack you can do the stealth farm on Kaiso rest then an mk3 equiped ship rips apart a Saturn mission in a few mins solo, you even get a few more points stealth killing stuff on the 2nd objective and even more if you just allow boarders.  It's a little slower than aborting but not much. 

I expected it to be nerfed harder actually, plus the rank 10 stuff is still pretty garbage atm.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

il y a 6 minutes, ValinorAtani a dit :

Or Maybe they wanted to get them asap because without them the handling of your ship feels clunky, QoL things like the sling shot aren’t working, engineering is unrewarding?

Why is there any need to lock proper handling perks? I mean what does a new player see if he starts his first mission? Railjack is slow, cant boost, flying around is clunky, dodging is meh, cant use the equipment of the ship etc. What will happen then? Does he come to the conclusion that RJ doesn’t make fun? Probably. And that’s even more stupid if you’re going to introduce a fully new game mode and starting it with a nonfunctional ship.

I mean if they wanted it to be a space sim (not sure about with the lack of a real 3D Spaceworld here) why aren’t the well-established space flight standards from the beginning?

Sooo, your only point there is that people need the qol intrinsics... Have you played RJ at all ?

It takes Nothing to get there, I was 5555 before even finishing Saturne. How are you defending stupid stealth and abort strats with that ?

Basic qol is EZ AF to obtain, and nothing in the higher levels justify to rush it now.

People can do what they want, as long as they don't complain for their own stupid choices.