Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why not have a style system like devil may cry?

(PSN)bloodshotomato

a style system like devil may cry would offer something special to fighting hoards.  we are gamers its in our nature to fight for a high score and showing it at the end off a mission would create a sense competition with your team. The option to turn it off would be in the menu. 

i feel that a change like this would be good for the game because it would promote a more creative play style by weaving all our many forms of death together. thus i believe this would be simple to add. create a ui. adjust the focus tracker and i could go on for pages about how i would balance it but that would take a few hours. 

I don't know about you, but I already enjoy checking if I was top abilities used, top headshots, good accuracy, all that at the end of each mission. I'm not familiar with DMC (because Whew gawd that is an awkward campy 'aesthetic' I can't get into,) and it's combat is so Vastly more advanced than what we have.

I don't see the problem with eventually doing that, if we ever get combat that's a bit more like say, that, Bayonetta, God Of War (minus the quicktime events).. then having a style system would be great. Currently, what could we have with our combat now, that we don't already? "You used 1 of your whopping 4 combos really well."

Frame fighter made me really hopefully we'd get into some more combos like.. one of those systems, or a fighting game, Arkham even.. something. Unfortunately, that just didn't pan out. If it ever does, then Absolutely, I'd welcome some style points.

Side note, if we got a whole ton of intricate combos, I wouldn't mind a system like Shenmue, where every move improves over time with use, familiarity, and accuracy of execution. But, that's a whole 'nother gaggle of fish.

Edited by kapn655321