Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)bioblaze10656

Old build

Does anybody ever wana go back and play the old version of warframe for that nostalgia and wow things really used to be this way. Kind of like how runescape 3 has their classic and newer version.i know im not the only one whod play it for a few hours

If we're talking 2013 Warframe, I'd give it a go, just to see what it was like back in the day, but I doubt I'd enjoy it; while Warframe has it's flaws, the game seems a lot better now than it ever did (in terms of gameplay at least, grind and progression aspects are up for debate).

I'm sure some would go back just for the Old Void. more power to you, have fun crafting those keys for every run and having to do rotation C for a chance at your part, I'll keep cracking relics and manipulating RNG a little :smile: 

What people liked really about the game was the frequent updates, operations, tactical alerts, new weapons weekly. Now we are lucky if we get 2 weps on a major update.

Nostalgia: ignoring the flaws of the past and always bringing up the good feelings
i don't think that the stamina bar, warframe skills as mods, damage 1.0 or the Roflcopter were good, just saying...

There are only two things that I would say that I'd like to see come back:

1.  There are a few OLD tiles that have been out of the game for quite a while that I miss.  Particularly two very tall Grineer asteroid mine tiles that had multiple possible entrances and enemy spawn points on different levels.  One had a refining tower in the center of the cavern with a conveyor belt on the center level of it and multiple elevator stations.  The other was something like a nexus point for the rail transit that had many ramps and catwalks crisscrossing each-other making for an enjoyable challenge traversing to to proper location.

2.  This is some what a rose colored glasses deal here, but I miss some of the challenge of the the old movement system.  Yes we are better off with out the stamina bar, and yes I love me some bullet jumping shenanigans.  But I miss some of the sense of accomplishment that I felt having to jump from one side of an elevator shaft to the other "Prince of Persia" style in order to reach the second level a bit quicker than going up some stairs half way across the tile to get to the same location.  And I must admit this second point feeds into my nostalgia for those tiles that were trimmed out years ago.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

If we're talking 2013 Warframe, I'd give it a go, just to see what it was like back in the day, but I doubt I'd enjoy it; while Warframe has it's flaws, the game seems a lot better now than it ever did (in terms of gameplay at least, grind and progression aspects are up for debate).

We still have videos of it.

Spoiler

Behold the slowness and STAY CLOSE TO THE WALLS!

I'll gladly take stamina bar, coptering, skill mod while everyone else enjoy their rivens, rng stats, abandoned content, casual gameplay, grindwave (soon to be abandoned), non-existent stealth, 0-1 tactical alert a year, at best 2 event a year, UI that gets worse with each update.

11 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

We still have videos of it.

Hide contents

Behold the slowness and STAY CLOSE TO THE WALLS!

Man. This is slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Surprisingly, corpus ships did not change much.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Man. This is slooooooooooooooooooooooooow. Surprisingly, corpus ships did not change much.

I take you havent seen the tweets Steve showed of the new Corpus ship overhaul in the works?

Coming in 2031

I wouldn't play a retro version of the game myself, however I'd definitely like to see the current game get more challenging as in my opinion it has grown too easy over the recent years.

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm sure some would go back just for the Old Void. more power to you, have fun crafting those keys for every run and having to do rotation C for a chance at your part, I'll keep cracking relics and manipulating RNG a little :smile: 

excuuuuuuse me but at which point you recall *crafting* old void keys? 😛

derelict was the crafted ones - you had to farm starchart infinite modes to drop the keys to the void back in 2013 😛

I'd like Void Key System back. It gives me challenge and reasons to stay longer in mission for rewards and, perhaps, competition and teamwork.