Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I play Index PVP?

OrSpeeder

I am a new player.

Some old player suddenly asked me to help him on a mission called "The Index" because he needed credits or something.

I am then into this cool deathmatch gamemode against overpowered AIs... The map is cool, and the rules of the mode (the accumulating points you need to "cash in") are cool. But the OP enemies are not.

Can I play that PVP?

What I need to unlock before PVP works anyway? Whenever I try to start a conclave thing I just wait forever for "other player" and nothing happens even if I wait for20 minutes.

• Like 1

Standard Conclave PvP is very similar to the Index. You don't "bank" points dropped by other players, but you do need to pick them up

Conclave is very unpopular with this community, but you might be able to find a few games if you keep trying. Try on fridays which is when most players log in

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

I am a new player.

Some old player suddenly asked me to help him on a mission called "The Index" because he needed credits or something.

I am then into this cool deathmatch gamemode against overpowered AIs... The map is cool, and the rules of the mode (the accumulating points you need to "cash in") are cool. But the OP enemies are not.

Can I play that PVP?

What I need to unlock before PVP works anyway? Whenever I try to start a conclave thing I just wait forever for "other player" and nothing happens even if I wait for20 minutes.

You can, my dear friend the game in pvp you kill the enemy and you capture there oro for you to have points.

The issue here is pvp isn't supported much by the pve community and most attitude is NOPE pvp shouldn't be in warframe and they should use those resources for other things.

This happens because of many reason, but pvp has is own community and discord. I think it may be best to not tell people you like pvp or they will likely discriminate against you especially if your thread does more for pvp.

Will let you know stats for weapons and warframe are adjusted in pvp for balance and mods are different... So if you play pvp conclave you are entering a new world.

• Like 3

Index PVP would be good. ...but if it costs players credits when they lose, they're going to take out whatever may have possibly caused the loss, on DE. I like the idea, regardless, if even for points. Lore wise, part of the Index is that Nef Anyo is trying to cheat by using his most OP units against you.. but they're no match for Tenno (most of the time).

If both sides are Tenno.. would that mean one of them is working on behalf of Nef Anyo? I wonder if it couldn't be tied in with like, "sponsorship" factions, giving you custom cosmetics like regalia and such, plastering you with ads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OrSpeeder said:

Whenever I try to start a conclave thing I just wait forever for "other player" and nothing happens even if I wait for20 minutes

PvP is a meme. Nobody plays it.

And that's good. Last thing we need is DE focusing on PvP.

And since you're new, allow me to give you a reason as well:

Nobody joins for the PvP. If this game became PvP focused over night, 97% or more would leave in an instant and never come back.

• Like 1

there isn't a PvP version of Index, no.

the Conclave Gamemodes each share a little bit in common with Index, but nothing quite matches it.

1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Nobody joins for the PvP. If this game became PvP focused over night, 97% or more would leave in an instant and never come back.

stop representing the toxic 99% of the Community.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Actually, lots of people play PvP in Warframe. There are 3,000 people in the Conclave Discord. I can find a match instantly any time I queue for one on Xbox.
Nobody is saying for DE to focus on PvP in this thread. Nobody is advocating for Warframe to become a PvP focused game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

PvP in this game is non existent. Unless you consider the conclave over peer to peer to be.....pvp.

It plays and feels like the 90s. Host advantage and all.

unknown.png?width=199&height=300so, let me get this straight. You have 0 kills in Conclave and 0 event score. Your forum join date was 6-10-2018, which is interesting, because PC(the platform you play on) has had dedicated servers since 2017. Over a full year before you began posting on the forums.

Edited by (XB1)The Repo Man151