Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vampire frame rough draft

Gashabae

In my previous concepts I usually show a lot of numbers but in this case, there are way too many to actually balance. I will create a new more thorough post in the future but for now just try and imagine how the energy drain or health pool increase / decrease would work.

Suggestions and questions are encouraged !!!

Name - Dhamir (female)

Base stats

Health - 75 (225 at max)

Shields - n/a

Armour - 650

Sprint - 1.0

Energy - 150

Passive - Name???? -

Allies within affinity radius are healed by 25% of healing Dhamir receives. All sources apply with an exception to healing from a second Dhamir's passive.

Abilities

1 Drain

Upon activation, any enemy killed by Dhamir increases her health pool. This increase comes at the cost of an increased energy drain. If the drain becomes too difficult to manage a second cast prevents her from receiving additional health and halts the draining. If the key is held down, energy runs out while absorb drain is active, or ability is nullified the ability resets.

2 The Mist

Dhamir enters an etheral mist form becoming invisible to enemies. She cannot interact with enemies in this form, attacking in any way will remove her from the mist. Holding down the ability key will case her to enter a greater mist form resulting in a drain effect to her health. This increases her movement speed and damages enemies she passes through. Enemies that are blighted or impaled periodically drop health orbs while she is in either mist form.

3 Impale

Blood stakes come out of the ground in a radius of Dhamir decreasing her health pool. The stakes hold enemies in place damaging them for the duration they are present. Enemies can retaliate while under the effect of Impale. 

4 Infliction

Holding down the ability key causes Dhamir to drain all enemies within a radius of her. This drain takes in a % of their health permanently weakening them reducing the damage they inflict (~50-80%). Cast uses energy rather than health. A press of the ability key uses some of her health pool and the stored stolen health from the hold key to blight all enemies in a radius around her enemies blighted take damage over time.

Thank you for reading 🙂 

Aren't 3 and 4 more of Garuda? Blood and spikes is her thing so it'd be weird having a frame that also uses blood spikes. The passive is actually kinda overpowered considering you could heal allies for free unlike frames like Oberon or Trinity who have to use an ability made just for it to heal allies. Not only that but if she's being healed by another Dhamir, it results in an infinite health loop.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

Aren't 3 and 4 more of Garuda? Blood and spikes is her thing so it'd be weird having a frame that also uses blood spikes.

I can see what you mean but I tried my best to avoid straight up copying them. As you may know Stakes are a well known weakness of vampires so I just tried to implement it but in reverse. Garuda's use of blood alter seems more spiritual or religious so it fits both themes just in different ways. Her fourth was me just trying something different without realizing the similarity to Garuda's first although I believe it is different enough to get away with.

21 hours ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

The passive is actually kinda overpowered considering you could heal allies for free unlike frames like Oberon or Trinity who have to use an ability made just for it to heal allies. Not only that but if she's being healed by another Dhamir, it results in an infinite health loop.

I don't believe the passive is overpowered for a number of reasons;

<>

1. I already stated it will not stack with another Dhamir I'll be it poorly (remember this is a rough draft so the wording isn't the best)

On 2020-01-13 at 12:39 PM, Be_Stupid said:

All sources apply with an exception to healing from a second Dhamir's passive.

2. Picking up a health orb would grant an ally 6.25 health. Even if Arcane Pulse is in use it only provides 31.25 health which is better and how I intended this passive to be taken advantage of

3. It compliments other healers without being a replacement (requires a healer to really be useful but in the presence of one is great)

4. It's purely support so even in the event of a healer on her team she does not gain the benefit of the passive. For example,

Oberon heals for 100 hp/s > Dhamir's passive is present > all allies along with Oberon gain 125 hp/s while Dhamir remains at 100 hp/s

This arguably makes it worse than it should be but I'm ok with that.

5. Interactions with frames like Trinity are negligible as most competent builds will close to fully heal anyways so the additional 25% does nothing

<>

Considering all of the above I don't think it's overpowered at all, I'm just not 100% sure if it fits thematically and I seem to have run out of creative juices because I can't think of a name either. 

I hear you with the abilities and I'll look into changing them a bit more but I honestly don't see anything wrong with the passive. Thank you for the critique 🙂 

Edit: Also I imagined Impale being more similar to Divine Spears but you are right regardless it holds some similarities to Garuda

Edited by Be_Stupid

1 minute ago, jnuh said:

there is already a vampire frame...revenant

The second he went from Vlad to Revenant and his kit, most notably his fourth, being more reminiscent of a Eidolon rather than a vampire I along with a lot of people stopped considering him the vampire frame. I see what you mean but as far as I'm concerned he's a mini Eidolon