Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix railjack extraction PLEASE

Spam661

For the love of God please fix railjack extraction!!!! Bad enough the whole thing is confusing. But when it says mission success there's no way to leave AND KEEP everything. Only option is mission abort. No other exit option. Horrible system why is it like this. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spam661 said:

But when it says mission success there's no way to leave AND KEEP everything. Only option is mission abort.

Once you get the success window all loot has been sent your inventory. You can abort. I will agree there needs a better user experience because with out trial an error it is not understood.

I only know this because I got a sentient piece and the host got bugged out being unable to use the nav. We all aborted and kept loot.

Edited by Zelmen

Very confused indeed. When aborted I got back to my ship it came up us mission fail and showed nothing in loot portion. This is normal? Bad form DE. 

Also I think it showed no bonus xp either.

I have never had a host leave tho.

I didn't want to abort and didn't know what to do ended up sitting on the ship for 20 min while dude flew aimless. Finally gave up, aborted. 

Edited by Spam661

1 hour ago, Spam661 said:

Horrible system why is it like this. 

Not sure if you know about Sanctuary Onslaught in its early days. We have to go into the next round and finish the next round in order to save loot from the previous round.

Now this is something similar that loot is not saved when the screen show the 3 reward. It is only saved when the host select another location to go to.

I still say we should have an in-between space in the Void Tunnel, between leaving one instance and selecting another, where we can access the Arsenal or quit team in safety. Have the Railjack first "Extract" from a mission into the Void Tunnel with no option to select another mission, have it go through the end-of-mission screen, THEN let the host select the next mission. This should remain seamless enough as we've already seen really long void jumps (when the game has trouble loading or connecting) while still leaving plenty of opportunity for players to jump out without a "mission failed" screen. Right now, the only way to leave seamlessly is to go back to the Dojo.

Yeah tested this. Turns out you can NOT abort and keep everything after mission success. You keep xp but no bonus xp . Went with r0 wep, mission success window said it was 12 with bonus xp but only 8 after abort mission and I got no drops either.

DE PLZ FIX. Decietful situation. No reason at all for this. 

Agreed, it should be changed to a “Extract” button and when clicked it brings up the option to leave to your orbiter or your dry dock (if built). It should tell you that you lose nothing that has been earned.

To stop players leaving mid game, on top of the existing mission rewards, players shouldn’t get access to forge materials until they are auto refined at the end of mission.

Afterwards as it transitions to a sort of free roam state, players will have the refine button reappear in the forge, which will disappear if another mission is selected.

Simple things like this can go a long way DE.

4 hours ago, Spam661 said:

Yeah tested this. Turns out you can NOT abort and keep everything after mission success. You keep xp but no bonus xp . Went with r0 wep, mission success window said it was 12 with bonus xp but only 8 after abort mission and I got no drops either.

DE PLZ FIX. Decietful situation. No reason at all for this. 

the window u see whn returning to the dojo is blank because u didnt do a mission after finishing the last mission, as confusing as it sounds u can infact wait for a new mission to start, right after the one u finished, then abort

• Like 1

On 2020-01-19 at 8:56 PM, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

the window u see whn returning to the dojo is blank because u didnt do a mission after finishing the last mission, as confusing as it sounds u can infact wait for a new mission to start, right after the one u finished, then abort

Im not talking about returning to dojo. Iv seen very few pilots return to dojo. Either they they fly around a long long time or they start a new mission. 

I want an option to leave after the current mission is done not sit around on my hands until the pilots decided he is good and ready to leave. 

especially when some guys will litterally just sit down in ship and go afk until everyone leaves. litterally happened to me today. 

even if it works that you need to start a new mission to keep stuff from the first mission.. i have never seen that work... but that is a really dumb system and still needs fixing. 

I litterally just learned that you don't keep intrinsics if you leave by aborting. WTH DE. I thought I was missing intrinsics and items but it turns out I never got them cuz I had been leaving when the game itself said mission success. Instead of waiting for the pilate to go back to dojo. 

Seriously what a horrible system. 

The other day I got stuck with some dude flying around TAKEING PICTURES. 

Yesterday got stuck  with some dude who had to collect every damn piece of  trash on the map including open every chest and locker on the base. 

Had a bro who the pilot refused to leave until he left the squad bc host was a bick trying to force people to play his way. 

I've lost count how many times I had to abort after mission success because of bug or host issue or host migration when loading out. AND THEN I lose  items and even intrinsics on top of that even though I had a Mission Success? NOT COOL. 

Even with regular mission abort you still keep xp so WTH. I should be keeping instrinics at least on abort so I didn't waste 20min of my time. 

And How hard is it to make an extraction button on the success window. Make it like defense or survival. 

On 2020-01-13 at 3:49 PM, kyori said:

Not sure if you know about Sanctuary Onslaught in its early days. We have to go into the next round and finish the next round in order to save loot from the previous round.

Now this is something similar that loot is not saved when the screen show the 3 reward. It is only saved when the host select another location to go to.

Thanks but this didn't work for me. :(  I mission success said said I got 12 intrinsics and I waited untill a new mission was started but when I got back I had just 7. What is going on. 

On 2020-01-13 at 2:36 PM, Zelmen said:

Once you get the success window all loot has been sent your inventory. You can abort.

not quite anymore, anything that was done after the Mission success banner appears, doesn't seem to be saved anymore because of the 'anti-meta' nerfing they did to Railjack.

Edited by taiiat

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

not quite anymore, anything that was done after the Mission success banner appears, doesn't seem to be saved anymore

It never did. You have to look at it like a check point. Everything up to then is saved. Thats why if you go exploring you will want to hit the dry dock or wait for the next mission to start.

• 1 year later...
On 2020-01-13 at 11:36 AM, Zelmen said:

Once you get the success window all loot has been sent your inventory. You can abort.

This is definitely not true. RJ is still a buggy mess and client has chance to completely lost exp/loots.

Just the other day I was doing continuously holokey farms, I decided to leave after 7-8 runs. When I about to leave, the host started a new mission. So I clicked "X" at top of the voting screen. As soon as I hit it, I was kicked to host's dojo by myself. I checked the inventory all my loots(including holokey) was lost. The Tenet weapon I was leveling were suppose to be max'd out, but got reset back to Lv25. I was really pissed.

RJ host migration cause client to completely lose reward had happened a few time to me since RJ introduction. Everytime I post on forum about this issue, people just brush me off saying must be an UI error. It is NOT, it just haven't happen to everyone yet.

This is why I always told host to dock in relay(dojo can get infinite loop) after few runs. DO NOT leave group while in mission.

Edited by Godmode_Ash