Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Asterite wall

k05h

After spending lots of time in railjack I have finally all MK3 wreckage I have dreamt of. After repairing my first one I noticed that I lack thousands of Asterite to build everything else. 

I have been running constantly with drop rate and drop chance booster for the past 6 days while playing railjack. And still not enough Asterite to build two MK3 wreckage. Is this the new mutagen? Is it raining Asterite but I have not noticed it?

With this strange economy it is really  not worth it to repair any non-MK3 stuff because I would have even less Asterite. Are we supposed to leech other missions to save up all Asterite for MK3? Is this the experience railjack should provide? Rhetorical questions ... I know

Edited by k05h

Astrite drops from rocks only so its harder to get.  I always shoot them as Im going by and at the end of mission I always pick up as much as I can in archwing till the pilot picks a new destination.  Also they just doubled astrite drops when they got back from their vacation they were pretty low but are a bit better now.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, k05h said:

it is really  not worth it to repair any non-MK3 stuff

Exactly. Like, I got one intrinsic on rank 6 (7 to unlock Veil and MK3 parts) and I'm just not going to spend anything on MK2 parts when I'm this close to MK3 ones.

So far all I did was jump between crews. My own RJ is completely stock.

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb o0Despair0o:

Exactly. Like, I got one intrinsic on rank 6 (7 to unlock Veil and MK3 parts) and I'm just not going to spend anything on MK2 parts when I'm this close to MK3 ones.

It is so depressing that this is actually the best way to "enjoy" railjack.

• Like 1

I hope this gets changed soon. Especially the non-mk3 stuff has to be much cheaper to make it worth spending resources on while working towards mk3 components. And for mk-3 I'm still happy, that I was able to buy a bunch of repair drones. It would be super annoying to either have to join public squads or deal with a half finished railjack, which also means, that you are affecting everybody who is joining your squad.

I don't mind flying around and picking stuff up, but it shouldn't take minutes and you should get some stuff during normal game play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, k05h said:

it is really  not worth it to repair any non-MK3 

Sadly, that's the case.

Anything before veil is Dirac.

Didn't even glance in the direction of my Railjack untill I got all the MK-3s, upgraded all avionics slots and leveled the avionics.

Edited by Ver1dian

2 hours ago, k05h said:

And still not enough Asterite to build two MK3 wreckage. Is this the new mutagen? Is it raining Asterite but I have not noticed it?

if Asterite is a wall, then titanium is the Great Wall of Suck, stretching so far you can see it from orbit.

they double the amount from drops, so I don't see what more DE would be willing to do.

• Like 1

Overall resource gains from railjack are too low and costs to repair are too high.  Especially asterite and titanium.

And why do we get regular wf resources from railjack? I don't need ferrite, rubido,cryoptuc, etc.

Make drop tables guve us what we need. Cut costs in half.  Increase drop rates and garuntee x amount of railjack resources for completed missions. Bonus if we spend extra time collecting space rocks all over the map.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 6

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

if Asterite is a wall, then titanium is the Great Wall of Suck, stretching so far you can see it from orbit.

they double the amount from drops, so I don't see what more DE would be willing to do.

They could just increase the amount again by 2 (so x4 versus the previous drop).

It's still very limiting at the current rate, and i don't like having to farm that on the lowest planet to have S#&$ drops (MKI).

Titanium was never a problem for me, Asterite was always the BIG wall, preventing people to craft vidar stuff. 

The only viable solution was to buy Rush repair drone (pay wall) and i think obviously DE was totally aware of that, it's just simple math and they had data.

Edited by Alpha56

should have stocked up on the pay to play item that ignores resources while it was for sale.    It's existence on the market was indefensible so that was an easy removal to see coming,  bet DE profited very well while they could keep it on the market.

3 hours ago, Kyronz said:

should have stocked up on the pay to play item that ignores resources while it was for sale.    It's existence on the market was indefensible so that was an easy removal to see coming,  bet DE profited very well while they could keep it on the market.

Currently I have all MK3 gear (with a Sigma III reactor, but that is because I didn't drop a good Vidar reactor), + 2MKIII Zekti guns (so enough to arm my ship), all of this without any rush drones, and without buying boosters (but I did get several log-in reward ones). I have been playing it almost exclusively solo as well.

What I am saying is, the grind for resources is not that bad, especially if you stick to SIgma gear (which is perfectly fine to use) and only go for Zekti/Vidar/Lavan stuff once you get good MKIII rolls.

On average with a moderate exploration I can get 1k titanium (500 from drops + 750 from Ocassional mission rewards) 

But I rarely see more than 50 asterite. 

15k to 12k cost would need 15 runs per wreckage.

1.4 k for asterite would need almost double. 

Asterite is indeed the most problematic resource to acquire,

The other rare resources are kinda abundant. 

wish they would remove relics from mission rewards and replace it with an Asterite cache of like 200-400. joining random pugs nets me like 10-50 asteritetops cause they leave as soon as the onjective is over without gathering up resources. been stuck soloing to get any decent amount (boring and slow but not impossible)

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

What a shining endorsement of this game mode.

I mean, I can name a few things that sucked much bigger a$$ than getting RJ gear (to me personally):

1) Focus farm

2) PoE and Fortuna rep grinds

3) F*CKING toroid farm (that was probably the first time when I went full hardcore two boosters + nekros + smeeta on something)

4) Getting regular mesa (especially when it took 3 coordinates to do one mutalist alad v run)

5) Crafting 20 magus elevates...

So yeah, it's not that bad compared to some grinds that existed in this game for years.

7 hours ago, Kyronz said:

So it's indefensible that DE make a profit? God forbid some one pay anything to play warframe to help support and grow the game after all I am sure DE employes work for free. I would argue that a persons time is just as important if not more important than their money. I bought the rush repair drones and am really glad I did because I don't want to spend my time farming materials for hours on end. I honestly wish they would keep the rapair drones on the market and they would monetize more of the game, grow the company hire more staff. I won't judge anyone for how they want to play warframe but the people who want to play free and criticize people that don't mind spending money on the game need to understand no money no game. Now when is that 100 avionics vidar reactor hitting the market?

12 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Overall resource gains from railjack are too low and costs to repair are too high.  Especially asterite and titanium.

And why do we get regular wf resources from railjack? I don't need ferrite, rubido,cryoptuc, etc.

Make drop tables guve us what we need. Cut costs in half.  Increase drop rates and garuntee x amount of railjack resources for completed missions. Bonus if we spend extra time collecting space rocks all over the map.

I don't get why DE keeps adding these useless resources to new content. People need Titanium and gets worthless Ferrite. DE only remembers about the old resources when they need to dilute the reward pool. It is pathetic. Resources just keep piling up without use.

4 hours ago, Mr.Fluffins said:

Currently I have all MK3 gear (with a Sigma III reactor, but that is because I didn't drop a good Vidar reactor), + 2MKIII Zekti guns (so enough to arm my ship), all of this without any rush drones, and without buying boosters (but I did get several log-in reward ones). I have been playing it almost exclusively solo as well.

What I am saying is, the grind for resources is not that bad, especially if you stick to SIgma gear (which is perfectly fine to use) and only go for Zekti/Vidar/Lavan stuff once you get good MKIII rolls.

Wrong. It is particularly bad if you get sigma parts. All of the sigma gear requires a ton of the resources you will need to repair the actually good stuff. Even mark I and II requires Titanium, something that even a Zekti Mark II doesn't require.

40 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Wrong. It is particularly bad if you get sigma parts. All of the sigma gear requires a ton of the resources you will need to repair the actually good stuff. Even mark I and II requires Titanium, something that even a Zekti Mark II doesn't require.

I disagree, they cost way less, make playing the levels much easier, and you can refund some (now most) of the resources back. Moreover, house parts require additional resources that Sigma parts don't, that are planet restricted (so for MKIII house parts you will have to farm veil), and by the time you get enough of those, you will most likey get enough basic parts as well.

EDIT: In fact, Zekti MKII costs 2 times more copernics that Sigma MKIII (while being strictly inferior), and also costs crap ton of carbides. I would go even as far as to say that house components below MKIII are completely worhtless and shouldn't exist.

This of course applies to solo progression. If you were power leveling in Veil on other ships and already have tons of those resources and house components, there is no point in crafting Sigma gear, you will obviously go straight for house parts.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins