Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Some Rivens Are Worth 5000p+

LoneWolveYoutube

15 hours ago, Aldain said:

Because there are people insane enough to spend that much on a single mod.

No amount of "You can't tell other people how to spend their money" can make a bit more than $200 worth of platinum a smart purchase.

This is pretty much it.

As long there is someone out there willing to spend so much money in a virual item that could be nerfed 2 months from now, prices will continue to reach those insane levels. The only thing you can do is to not participate in said system by not buying Rivens above 500P, and resisting the urge to sell your own Rivens above 500P, which is even harder.

Edited by Jarriaga

15 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

That's your opinion.

My opinion is that spending hundres of bucks worth of plat on a riven for a weapon that DE is inevitably going to nerf into oblivion is a waste of money.

Like, if you spend 500 bucks on a new GPU, you get something out of it for years to come.

You spend 500 bucks on a mod and 2 days later it's rendered worthless thanks to DE.

What if I made over 100k plat without spending. Dime?

Just now, Midas said:

+1.

I think only newer players or whales tend to spend actual money into the game especially when they get the 75% discount thingy. Once you start selling rivens or know when to go gung ho breaking relics and sell the stuff you get from it you can easily make 500-1k plat perday if you want to or have the time.

8 minutes ago, DissentWomble said:

+1.

I think only newer players or whales tend to spend actual money into the game especially when they get the 75% discount thingy. Once you start selling rivens or know when to go gung ho breaking relics and sell the stuff you get from it you can easily make 500-1k plat perday if you want to or have the time.

I fully agree with you.  The only limitation is the mass amount of time/effort it takes to do so to borderline exhaustion.   I was a fairly large trader in the earlier days of wow and controlled numerous markets with an iron first...but it require constant attention even with bots because eventually my bot would be fighting against another bot.  I did it with Everquest and Eve as well.  It was fun for a while...but eventually it wears you down unless you have that specific mentality where it always give you a dopamine hit.  

3 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

I fully agree with you.  The only limitation is the mass amount of time/effort it takes to do so to borderline exhaustion.   I was a fairly large trader in the earlier days of wow and controlled numerous markets with an iron first...but it require constant attention even with bots because eventually my bot would be fighting against another bot.  I did it with Everquest and Eve as well.  It was fun for a while...but eventually it wears you down unless you have that specific mentality where it always give you a dopamine hit.  

Yup. Used to farm Kuva all day just to keep my stocks in check rolling new released rivens and reselling unrolled ones. Used to be annoyed if my plat amount was under 2k but now I try to have around 500p just for the occasional boosters and sell rivens and frames when i really need the it. 

2 hours ago, DissentWomble said:

+1.

On PC*

On PS4 its common for people to sell relic parts for 1p and up to 5 or 20 if you're lucky for 100 Ducat parts. You would have to essentially only do relics then sit on Trade acting like you're basically high on meth.

I'm an adult with other stuff to do lol. I'd rather occasionally farm while occasionally dropping 20 bucks for 370 plat.

The combination lets me make up in plat what I gain in time.

With that said, I was new a few months ago, but I'm starting to be in a place in game where I actually can make a profit with my own time and inventory. Just became last rank with Vox, just opened a sweet Imperator and Guandao riven etc and others. It's a process.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

I saw a relatively popular thread that was calling out the "riven mafia" and the overpriced riven market, and I wanted to give my opinion on the topic.  Before I get into everything I have to say, I want to make it clear that this is just my opinion and if you have a different one, I respect that.

Some Riven Mods are worth more than 5000p, but there are obviously people that will price average to god rolls far beyond their true value.  I am not talking about those rivens/people.  They are crazy lmao.

1. Basic Economic Principle: All items fall on a supply and demand curve.  Ammo case for example is very high supply and very low demand.  Ammo Case is worth less than 1p.  A 102.1 Status Chance, Multishot, Damage -Harmless Detron Riven is so incredibly rare that they have been sold for over 80k.  The demand is there and the supply is probably single to low double digit.

2. The rolls that are worth 5k+ are incredibly rare rolls.  There are people who ran the numbers and the chance of getting a "god" roll are crazy low.  And the chance of getting "the" roll with high grades is probably around or well over 1 in a million.  I could be wrong.  I haven't looked at any math on it in a long time.  But the point is that they're incredibly rare.

3.  There are people with hundreds of thousands of platinum (They are almost exclusively riven dealers).  Most of the rivens you see that are worth 10k+ aren't sold to the normal public.  They're sold to or between a small group of people.  It's the same thing as selling an island mansion or something.  They're not going to be sold to the normal public.  They're sold by millionaires, to millionaires.

tl;dr perfect rolls are rare and in high demand, therefore expensive.

"Why do you care how I spend my platinum?"
                                                           -dad

Edit: Something that I wanted to add.  I see riven prices as existing on a graph kinda like x^1.5.  The rarest rivens like an S grade, CC Multi Dmg -mag cap Vectis selling in the 100k+ range while an average CC Multi Damage -zoom Vectis sitting in the 4k range is a good example of this concept.

Quick answer - they're not!

But then again, you know what they say about a fool and his money...

17 hours ago, Voltage said:

This isn't true though. I've personally spent up to 20,000 on a single Riven and I've seen some rare trades of 25, 30, and even 65k for a perfect Rubico when Rubico Prime came out. The people who spend this much are the same group of people who have or are hunting for a Primed Chamber. It's special to have these Rivens for some.

Why? It does not even make world bosses much faster. And there are alternatives for every weapon. I have never purchased a riven for platinum and never will purchase one. Why would I? I already use the weapons I have a riven for. I will not spend any resources (earned in game or real money) to deal 1-2% more damage. Especially that there is no point in doing that.

And of course, DE typically nerf disposition for strong and popular weapons. So that 20K platinum, will only be worth 1K in few month. 

In the end of the day, it is supply and demand. It does pay-off however to use your resources wisely. No matter how much you have, they are not unlimited.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Why? It does not even make world bosses much faster. And there are alternatives for every weapon. I have never purchased a riven for platinum and never will purchase one. Why would I? I already use the weapons I have a riven for. I will not spend any resources (earned in game or real money) to deal 1-2% more damage. Especially that there is no point in doing that.

And of course, DE typically nerf disposition for strong and popular weapons. So that 20K platinum, will only be worth 1K in few month. 

In the end of the day, it is supply and demand. It does pay-off however to use your resources wisely. No matter how much you have, they are not unlimited.

A perfect riven does far more than 1-2% damage than any average one.  Also, someone people like me have nothing else to do, so a lot of us just collect rivens.

1 minute ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

A perfect riven does far more than 1-2% damage than any average one.  Also, someone people like me have nothing else to do, so a lot of us just collect rivens.

If you have riven for a fairly strong weapon and you have kuva, you should be able to get fairly close. I have Orthos Prime. I had a poorly rolled riven for it, which I rolled to be epic. Orthos prime is one of the top 10-15 melee weapons. Lets say Gram prime is the top melee weapons (it is actually very difficult to tell which melee weapon is the strongest among top 10-15).  It has 1.44 disposition. Would spending 1k+ platinum on it be wise? #*!% no. Not only Gram and Orthos prime are near identical in terms of damage output, the riven disposition for gram prime will most definitely be hammed to 0.5-0.7 with the next melee riven disposition update.

Sure, some people like to collect. No issue with that. But this is obsession and has nothing to do with performance. And logically, should not be done, unless you have near unlimited well of resources. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

If you have riven for a fairly strong weapon and you have kuva, you should be able to get fairly close. I have Orthos Prime. I had a poorly rolled riven for it, which I rolled to be epic. Orthos prime is one of the top 10-15 melee weapons. Lets say Gram prime is the top melee weapons (it is actually very difficult to tell which melee weapon is the strongest among top 10-15).  It has 1.44 disposition. Would spending 1k+ platinum on it be wise? #*!% no. Not only Gram and Orthos prime are near identical in terms of damage output, the riven disposition for gram prime will most definitely be hammed to 0.5-0.7 with the next melee riven disposition update.

Sure, some people like to collect. No issue with that. But this is obsession and has nothing to do with performance. And logically, should not be done, unless you have near unlimited well of resources. 

Except the gram has had a 1.44 for over a year.  Idk when they’re gonna nerf melee, but they’re pretty safe to buy atm.  And with a riven it is significantly better than the orthos

Edited by LoneWolveYoutube

15 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Saying lol no doesn’t disprove my point 

Dude you're a living version of someone attempting to make an infomercial. Nobody here gives a crap about you trying to convince people to pay you more. And your grasp of how supply and demand work is laughable. 

Go get an actual job and stop embarrassing yourself. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude you're a living version of someone attempting to make an infomercial. Nobody here gives a crap about you trying to convince people to pay you more. And your grasp of how supply and demand work is laughable. 

Go get an actual job and stop embarrassing yourself. 

You did the thing again where you don’t provide a reason for why I’m wrong and just insult me

1 hour ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Why?

Because I love Aksomati since way before the Prime. My favorite secondary doesn't deserve less than perfection. I've done the same for my favorite melee weapons and primaries as well. Unfortunately I need to find a new Kronen Riven because DE massacred slide attack critical chance. 

Edited by Voltage

43 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Calling someone a fool isn’t an argument.

No, but saying 'they're not' is.

The only person who honestly believes a randomly generated digital item, unusable outside of one game that can quite literally be devalued at the drop of a hat is worth £266/$350 of real money is a fool by anyone's measure.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

Except the gram has had a 1.44 for over a year.  Idk when they’re gonna nerf melee, but they’re pretty safe to buy atm.  And with a riven it is significantly better than the orthos

Ya, but we already know that DE did not want to make changes before the melee update was out. Which DE was working on last year. And the melee riven changes are expected this month. So there was a reason why there were no deposition changes during last year for melee weapons. Plus, pre-melee patch everyone was using zaws.

Want to look at a more realistic riven change? Take Fulmin. In 6 month nerfed twice from 1 to 0.6. If you spent good chunk of platinum on a riven when it was 1.0. You lost big time.

And with the melee disposition changes, gram prime, reaper prime, darka prime and redeemer prime will be hammered between 0.5-0.8. If you spent platinum on any of these  for a riven, it was a dumb move.  

4 hours ago, Midas said:

Doesn't change the value of the plat. You would have paid for it in your time spent playing as though it was a job, someone else paid for it in cash to save their time. Both of you paid, in full. 

There's no such thing as a free meal, Tenno. 

Spend it if you have it and you want to. But don't act like your reasons for doing so apply to anyone else. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Doesn't change the value of the plat. You would have paid for it in your time spent playing as though it was a job, someone else paid for it in cash to save their time. Both of you paid, in full. 

There's no such thing as a free meal, Tenno. 

Spend it if you have it and you want to. But don't act like your reasons for doing so apply to anyone else. 

What if I made it in a week?

felt a bit of aggression from this post, simply adding to the pot that there are people who have enormous stacks of plat, this causes highly sought after Rivens to be catered to them. I’d personally pay 2000 for a Riven at max. Damage in this game is irrelevant honestly. I can probably see the levels going up to 200-300 at max with Railjack introducing level 100 by default.

Edited by Midas