Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Some Rivens Are Worth 5000p+

LoneWolveYoutube

It doesnt freaking matter if its good or not, good god.

Lanka was good now is dog sht. Catchmoon was borderline broken, now its nothing.

Happy now with your 5k rivens? Plat down the drain.

I'm not saying "dont use rivens". Im saying dont be insane and dont waste money on a thing that will become useless in 5 months that is replacable by almost any dps/buffer frame, cp or team comp. You dont gain anything from buying them, but developers do and the system is godawful but you keep sponsoring it.

WHy are some Rivens that expensive?  Purely due to greed and nothing else.  There is NOTHING about ANY of those Rivens that makes them worth more than $250 of plat.......

Prices are just getting beyond out of hand.  Really at this point, they should just make Rivens far more common so the market can get flooded and those stupid ass prices can come down.

Edited by KnightCole

25 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

Prices are just getting beyond out of hand.  Really at this point, they should just make Rivens far more common so the market can get flooded and those stupid ass prices can come down.

In order for the price to fall hard DE would have to make it easier to roll a riven into the desired stat. Supply really would not change prices all that much as long as most people do not have spare capacity for extra rivens or the kuva to endless reroll.

Just think about boys and girls the biggest scam are prime sets!? Back in the days the prime part mafia pushed the prices of vaulted frames, by buying every. I mean 180-300 plat for a volt p set? Thats a straight up scam!? I can get volt for 75 with that said no prime part/set should cost more than 25 plat!!! Godbless de fixed that scam way to make plat by releasing vaulted frames every 3 months #stopprimepart mafia

Warframe market was abused from those people i feel so bad 😞

Anyways stay strong guys and girls

17 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Uh, yeah. It does. I've made 20k plat since about last friday. From a couple hours per day in trade chat. And I didnt have to spend any real money for any of it. How much plat is worth in terms of money probably depends on how easy money is to come by for any given person but you cant just pretend there's no difference.  Especially when my point was to address the "omg spending x dollars on a riven is silly" argument that a lot of people make on a regular basis around here. Maybe YOU didnt make that point but a lot of people do.

Sigh... Let's try this again. 

Instead of spending money, you spent time. Let's say that you spent 2 hours a day for 5 days. That's 10 hours, right? 

Now let's say that you are a productive member of society, and have a job where you are paid when you work. 

You could have spent the same time making a decent bit of money, depending on your job and skill level. 

That's why people say that "time is money", you see? It's why so many f2p games allow us to spend money to save time. People are often willing to do so because unlike money, they aren't every going to be able to recoup the time expenditure. 

Now you are saying "but I didn't spend any monies lulz", and I am pointing out that in terms of the opportunity cost, you sorta did because of the time you spent getting that plat. 

Do you see now? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, -Fatal- said:

Just think about boys and girls the biggest scam are prime sets!? Back in the days the prime part mafia pushed the prices of vaulted frames, by buying every. I mean 180-300 plat for a volt p set? Thats a straight up scam!? I can get volt for 75 with that said no prime part/set should cost more than 25 plat!!! Godbless de fixed that scam way to make plat by releasing vaulted frames every 3 months #stopprimepart mafia

Warframe market was abused from those people i feel so bad 😞

Anyways stay strong guys and girls

75p for a set? When I can just buy parts as prime junk and eventually get dozens? What's wrong with you? 

Notice how that argument you used falls apart? 

16 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Randomly inserting the word 'pyramids scheme' there is quite laughable, it has absolutely nothing to do with one.

You pose as a superior being refering to 'humans' while showcasing one of the most human behaviours, envy, there's no other reason why one would want something tons of people dedicated themselves to, to be destroyed.

There's also absolutely nothing being abused or exploited, people have the right to ask for any price for whatever they are trying to sell, market will tell them if they were wrong or right by reaping the most valuable resource: time.

much like anything that has a finite limit of support everything comes to an end , warframe, rivens, ect will end eventually, its just the frame of time that upsets those you speak of. its not like things have not been done prior that have angered them. it is doubtful de would remove them as they profit off the plat sales to much, as the trade system is easily exploited, such as sales between individuals within this system , you have to use outside sources to find pricing info or ask others and with so many players it eventually nets the "SUCKER" profiteers hunt for to make such a profit. the intended seller and DE both profit off the sale of the plat technically and  they allow this to continue. and as you stated this upsets people when they have buyer/seller remorse if destroyed, however that happens regardless anyway every 3 months via buf/nerfs

. (i actually did create a how to break riven market on an older thread) 

Spoiler

As for that envy bit,  you honestly have my pity then if you believe i crave such, i care only that someone is being knowingly wronged and i defy that as being ok, simple as that. such actions cause a chain of toxicity and i like this game and its positive community. thus I would hate to see it corroded and blighted when there is ways to prevent it or to all make it lessened.

If you wish to be defensive and greedy over ripping your fellows off I cannot stop you or punish you, but dont push your projected greed onto me. I take no superior attitude only a different mental state. id suggest looking at jacob needlemans books, as i like his methods of arguments to present mutual understanding between arguing units.

it is no shame to admit humans are greedy and exploitative, as that has been many the reasons for survival and advancement of the species. but then humans are also capable of self sacrifice and doing the good. both extremes and mids exist good , evil. grey. you can not always assume another is doing it for reasons similar to your own 

Il y a 9 heures, LoneWolveYoutube a dit :

I mean, it's definitely possible to grind from 100 to 100k.  They don't just benefit rich people.

How many hours for it ? Time is money, you need wealth to have time. Someone working 10h a day with a family will have much difficulties to farm for 100k platinum.

Rivens prices benefits only those who have no problems to buy them in the beginning.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

How many hours for it ? Time is money, you need wealth to have time. Someone working 10h a day with a family will have much difficulties to farm for 100k platinum.

Rivens prices benefits only those who have no problems to buy them in the beginning.

That's how grind games work.

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

As for that envy bit,  you honestly have my pity then if you believe i crave such, i care only that someone is being knowingly wronged and i defy that as being ok, simple as that. such actions cause a chain of toxicity and i like this game and its positive community. thus I would hate to see it corroded and blighted when there is ways to prevent it or to all make it lessened.

If you wish to be defensive and greedy over ripping your fellows off I cannot stop you or punish you, but dont push your projected greed onto me. I take no superior attitude only a different mental state. id suggest looking at jacob needlemans books, as i like his methods of arguments to present mutual understanding between arguing units.

it is no shame to admit humans are greedy and exploitative, as that has been many the reasons for survival and advancement of the species. but then humans are also capable of self sacrifice and doing the good. both extremes and mids exist good , evil. grey. you can not always assume another is doing it for reasons similar to your own 

Had you read the one reply above my reply to you, you'd see I'm not the one ripping people off, as a collector I pissed off many of those people you speak of, as I'd get said rivens and hold onto them forever, not budging to any offer, I kid you not, we can't name and shame here, but it has happened, and happens.

I'd expose those guys back when the game had a more vivid in-game community, it seems dead however on the ps4 side, and I'd bet it looks the same on the xbox, trade chat wise anyways.

Anyways, back to the argument, you state natural behaviours and furthermore, natural behaviours of economy itself, no new player is falling prey of absurdly priced rivens, I can assure you that; it used to affect a very small percentage of players who had a ton of plat and had nowhere to spend, but even those people are vaccinated today, I assure you.

I know most of the riven centered community by their name on the ps4, a player being scammed over a 3k riven that's not worth that much is pretty much non existent, not even actual grolls are selling for that nowadays.

The scneario you presented used to be more of a reality over an year ago or more, it's really really far from being the case nowadays.

And I'll repeat myself, there's nothing being abused, I could and can be wrong about my judgment on your envy or lack thereof, but there's absolutely nothing being abused and in the same way i could have misjudged you, you are misjudging my intentions, which is just one: free market.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Most rivens cost under 50p.

If you want a perfect roll or the most recently released weapon's riven, it will of course cost you a lot.

Again people blaming a system when the only things to blame are themselves and their mentality.

You've described it nicely. Good, really good god tier rolls are extremely rare, look at it like - a lottery.
I you're hovering on 10K plat constantly you do lot of trading, farming, playing. You can afford occasional 5K riven. 
IF you have 60K+ of plat because you're pushing rivens but all other items at WF market, you can occasionally afford 15K riven.
Btw both are RL examples and coincidentally both rivens were Kohm and Shedu ; ) You take your own conclusions out of this. 

I have over 80k plat and never paid more than 1000 for a riven (Kohm and Lanka), most rivens I buy are in the 20-300 range (Reaper, Cyngas, Amprex all the way to Gorgon, Braton, Bronco). I don't think it's wrong to spend 10k in a riven, it's a free market but after I saw my scoliac riven that I paid 700p and it's now worth 0-10p I just refuse to put big amounts of plat into this kind of deal. If reaper prime dispo gets nerfed into the ground I will just move on with the 300p I paid for its riven, but if I had paid 5k for it I would be beyond pissed to see that much plat down the drain.

• Like 1

I have my entire 15 riven stash full....but its full of rivens for guns I didnt even know existed, or dont know what they are.

Kronsh, Cycron, Daikyu(this is a bow), 2 vieled ZAW rivens a Kitgun riven that is vieled.  Rivens annoy the S#&$ out of me doubly so cuz when I do get a Riven its total trash.  Ive been debating just turning all my Rivens into Endo and starting over.  What makes it annoying even further is running Sorties only nets me a fking Scuplture 8/10 times.....soooo, barely worth the effort and rage when it pops up as a fking SPY...god I HATE spies.

The only good Rivens I have are for the Soma P, Tiberon P and Corinth.  My bro bought the Soma and Tiberon, I got the Corinth Riven.

Edited by KnightCole

18 hours ago, (XB1)SlagInGristle said:

best players use syndicate weapons maybe with a riven.... doesn’t need to be groll to get the job done.

Wait...What?

*Insert logical reasoning to contradict statement*

Oh wait, NVM, I'm a S#&$ player.  Carry on!

To the example of rich people having a lot of in game currency.  Why some people might find that offensive is because games are typically used as a way to escape real life in some sort of fashion.  The idea is that for the most part everyone is on equal footing in the game and your efforts have merit. Being rich IRL and translating that to being rich in game spits in the face of this ideology, so it's no surprise to why it's so contentious.