Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Some Rivens Are Worth 5000p+

LoneWolveYoutube

19 hours ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Had you read the one reply above my reply to you, you'd see I'm not the one ripping people off, as a collector I pissed off many of those people you speak of, as I'd get said rivens and hold onto them forever, not budging to any offer, I kid you not, we can't name and shame here, but it has happened, and happens.

I'd expose those guys back when the game had a more vivid in-game community, it seems dead however on the ps4 side, and I'd bet it looks the same on the xbox, trade chat wise anyways.

Anyways, back to the argument, you state natural behaviours and furthermore, natural behaviours of economy itself, no new player is falling prey of absurdly priced rivens, I can assure you that; it used to affect a very small percentage of players who had a ton of plat and had nowhere to spend, but even those people are vaccinated today, I assure you.

I know most of the riven centered community by their name on the ps4, a player being scammed over a 3k riven that's not worth that much is pretty much non existent, not even actual grolls are selling for that nowadays.

The scneario you presented used to be more of a reality over an year ago or more, it's really really far from being the case nowadays.

And I'll repeat myself, there's nothing being abused, I could and can be wrong about my judgment on your envy or lack thereof, but there's absolutely nothing being abused and in the same way i could have misjudged you, you are misjudging my intentions, which is just one: free market.

so  im to read every reply you make to connect the dots to this one, given post generated after said reply ?

sadly its not dead on xbox, if anything its mixed, but still not great, but given i play on 3/4 of the platforms i have an avid idea of the trades on pc, switch, xbox

the "behaviors" do occur and yes not everyone falls for it, but some do, somebody falls for it some of the time (cant quite recall the old saying)

i can name quite a few whales that throw money and dont care about the price or how it affects the market, sad as that is 

granted i was active in trades since this game dropped in xbox and have a good memory so i recall the instant as fresh aka last year. 

and its not the free market itself being abused its more or less how this system of sale is performed. if you click the link i provided before i had an example market listing system that had on display graphs and charts that can be useful during trades and values for trade. right not its more or less stoneage sales system of barter , trade and price by word of mouth  

On 2020-01-16 at 12:08 AM, ThorienKELL said:

You've described it nicely. Good, really good god tier rolls are extremely rare, look at it like - a lottery.
I you're hovering on 10K plat constantly you do lot of trading, farming, playing. You can afford occasional 5K riven. 
IF you have 60K+ of plat because you're pushing rivens but all other items at WF market, you can occasionally afford 15K riven.
Btw both are RL examples and coincidentally both rivens were Kohm and Shedu ; ) You take your own conclusions out of this. 

What else am I supposed to spend my plat on?

I've give ya a just plain opinion too.

There aren't any worth that much because there isn't anything in the game worth that much because there is no content in the game that requires, or is even benefited, by owning that.

Imagine owning a Bugatti Veyron.  Capable of nearly four times the speed limit, the reality is that you'll never need a car that performs like that.  Why do people buy them, then?  Status, prestige, and an overwhelming performance that really is fantastic.  They're also a beautiful car(subjective there, but it doesn't matter).  That's over two million dollars for a trip to the Wal Mart that you could do for a couple thousand.

Now imagine that it's invisible.  Nobody can see it unless you are actively showing it to them, even if they're in your garage.  You can still get the performance, and for your eyes it may still be beautiful, but there is no prestige, no status.  Nobody cares though, because darn near everybody has got the pretty little purple sports car within a percent or two of the same in performance.  Invisible Bugattis are common as corn, and corn ain't worth Bugatti prices and it isn't that impressive to show one off.  Maybe we can all get together and pretend there are occasions that a Haynes beefy-T is worth two hundred dollars, too?

But yeah, ultimately, if you want to spend huge amounts on nothing, hey, nobody cares.  Just don't come here pretending it's a real, justifiable value because it's not.  It's a stupid, imaginary sub-game where a couple folks trade imaginary, invisible Bugattis.  The rest of us can easily live our whole lives without a hint of interest or jealousy in that, but it doesn't mean the emperor doesn't look dumb strutting around the main street in his new clothes.

On 2020-01-18 at 8:06 AM, Thrymm said:

There aren't any worth that much because there isn't anything in the game worth that much because there is no content in the game that requires, or is even benefited, by owning that.

This is just wrong.  Also, people don't buy rivens to flex, so the car comparison is just a meme.

On 2020-01-18 at 6:30 AM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Spend it on whatever you want. Doesn't make any difference to the rest of us. Just like how your attempt to convince people to give you their plat for your rivens really hasn't had the effect you hopped for. 

Except, people do buy the rivens, because they're in the same position that we are.  They have plat that's just going to collect dust if they don't spend it.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Dude. Seriously. Infomercials aren't working for you. You aren't convincing anyone. 

you're arguing style is so barbaric.  You don't try and refute my points.  You just make statements that barely even apply to what is being sad, and when you do try and refute something, you do a very bad job.

Just now, LoneWolveYoutube said:

you're arguing style is so barbaric.  You don't try and refute my points.  You just make statements that barely even apply to what is being sad, and when you do try and refute something, you do a very bad job.

Because your points are based entirely on subjective opinion.

I don't need to refute that, just point out that it's immaterial, and nobody else needs to care about what you feel your wares are worth. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Because your points are based entirely on subjective opinion.

I don't need to refute that, just point out that it's immaterial, and nobody else needs to care about what you feel your wares are worth. 

I'm not even talking about my items in particular.  And when you say it's based on an opinion, you make it seem like what you're saying is a fact when it's also just an opinion.  That makes it seem like youre not even trying to see what I'm saying.  You just have an idea, and you're gonna stick to it.  I almost called you a boomer earlier as meme, but now it's actually a relevant stereotype.  

1 hour ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

This is just wrong.  Also, people don't buy rivens to flex, so the car comparison is just a meme.

Except it isn't wrong.  By all means, name one piece of content that requires a riven that sells for 5k+, or even 1k plus.  In fact, name a piece of content in this game that outright requires a Riven in the first place.  Please do keep in mind, before you answer, that I have actually completed all of the content in the game, as have most of the folks here that'll see your reply.  We already know the truth of the matter.

On 2020-01-13 at 3:04 PM, LoneWolveYoutube said:

3.  There are people with hundreds of thousands of platinum (They are almost exclusively riven dealers).  Most of the rivens you see that are worth 10k+ aren't sold to the normal public.  They're sold to or between a small group of people.  It's the same thing as selling an island mansion or something.  They're not going to be sold to the normal public.  They're sold by millionaires, to millionaires.

Yep, not at all like my car comparison(sic).  I mean, the people buying Bugattis aren't at all a small group of people buying an outlandishly prices luxury item that they will never truly need that the "normal public" aren't even in the market for. 

Really now.

1 hour ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

I'm not even talking about my items in particular.  And when you say it's based on an opinion, you make it seem like what you're saying is a fact when it's also just an opinion.  That makes it seem like youre not even trying to see what I'm saying.  You just have an idea, and you're gonna stick to it.  I almost called you a boomer earlier as meme, but now it's actually a relevant stereotype.  

Doesn't matter in the least whether you are trying to hawk your own wares or are just a shill for someone else's overpriced goods, does it? 

And again there's absolutely no reason for anyone to accept your subjective opinion as their own. 

My country doesn't have baby boomers so that little bit of nonsense doesn't translate well. If boomer is the opposite of gullible mark, then yes it's fitting. But from a casual glance at the thread it looks like you're not really convincing anyone who wasn't already inclined to agree with you, does it? 

• Like 1

The only people who generally pay 5k or more for a riven are people who have already immersed themselves into the riven market or have done lots of buying/selling of general items. 

5k, 10k, or even 100k does NOT equate to any monetary value outside of the game. 5k platinum does not cost $200 unless you're the person actually recharging it.  People converting platinum value to a monetary value are absolutely wrong in that way of thinking.  A 5k riven costs absolutely nothing to a lot of people - it just costs time to acquire.  Unless someone is able to cash out their platinum balance for real money, platinum in the game has NO VALUE outside the game. 

There's literally an endless supply of platinum circulating in the game from people recharging. When there's more platinum to go around, riven prices inflate. 2-3 years ago the best rivens were like 2-3k, now something good is that standard price. 

It's stupid easy to make platinum in Warframe aside from the riven market with not-so-much effort. Earlier on you could farm Shedu parts in half an hour and net at least 200p every rotation. Every Prime release just farm the parts and sell immediately, easy way to make 1-2k over the course of a day or so. 

Also a note is that all rivens on the market that are in the high figures may not ever end up trading hands at all. Asking price is not the sale price. There is literally no demand for rivens in excess of 4 digits

Edited by Omega

1 hour ago, Omega said:

Also a note is that all rivens on the market that are in the high figures may not ever end up trading hands at all. Asking price is not the sale price. There is literally no demand for rivens in excess of 4 digits

There is a demand for them.  They're just really really specific.  If you post a dmg multi sc -imp boar or a cd cc multi -mag Vectis in trade chat for 15k it wont be there long.  It'll get scooped by someone pretty fast.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And again there's absolutely no reason for anyone to accept your subjective opinion as their own. 

My country doesn't have baby boomers so that little bit of nonsense doesn't translate well. If boomer is the opposite of gullible mark, then yes it's fitting. But from a casual glance at the thread it looks like you're not really convincing anyone who wasn't already inclined to agree with you, does it? 

1. this applies to you also.

2. the 2nd part makes literally no sense.  that's like saying someone isn't a Nazi if theyre not from germany. (not saying all germans are Nazis (obviously))

2 hours ago, Thrymm said:

Yep, not at all like my car comparison(sic).  I mean, the people buying Bugattis aren't at all a small group of people buying an outlandishly prices luxury item that they will never truly need that the "normal public" aren't even in the market for. 

Really now.

Except, your car comparison was saying that they're flex items.  The car comparison and the house comparison work if you're not calling them flex items and calling them luxuries, because most people who pay 5k+ for rivens don't buy them as pure flexes.  An Island mansion is nice to use just like a perfect boar riven would be nice to use.

Edit: And obviously you don't need it, but people that enjoy doing 6x3 do need them, and the people that like going 5 hours in a kuva survival would like them.  Just because you don't need something doesn't mean others don't.  I don't think any theres any base content that goes beyond level 110.  Also, if raids come back they'll be more important.

Edited by LoneWolveYoutube

2 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

1. this applies to you also.

2. the 2nd part makes literally no sense.  that's like saying someone isn't a Nazi if theyre not from germany. (not saying all germans are Nazis (obviously))

1) I'm not asking you to accept my views on the value of rivens. I already indicated that you can very well spend your plat in any way you like, but that you shouldn't expect others to mirror your choices. 

2) It's like if I called you a fish. (I'm not actually calling you a fish and if you are, that's fine too.) It's a common derogatory slang term in the region where I live, but is probably meaningless to you. You of course know what a fish is, but the specific connotation that makes it an insult isn't a part of your culture and doesn't signify. 

I know what a baby boomer is, but without having any actual cultural reference for them the term is meaningless, just like a majority of the ridiculous sounding americanisms that the rest of the world never really adopts or cares about. 

Get it now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

1) I'm not asking you to accept my views on the value of rivens. I already indicated that you can very well spend your plat in any way you like, but that you shouldn't expect others to mirror your choices. 

2) It's like if I called you a fish. (I'm not actually calling you a fish and if you are, that's fine too.) It's a common derogatory slang term in the region where I live, but is probably meaningless to you. You of course know what a fish is, but the specific connotation that makes it an insult isn't a part of your culture and doesn't signify. 

I know what a baby boomer is, but without having any actual cultural reference for them the term is meaningless, just like a majority of the ridiculous sounding americanisms that the rest of the world never really adopts or cares about. 

Get it now?

1. cool ty.  I'm not trying to force people to believe what I believe.  I'm just giving my opinions why rivens exceed 5k+ platinum value.

But, like be honest.  If you had a perfect boar, and since there are people who will easily pay in excess of 20k+ (on pc at least), why would you not post it for 20k and wait for one of them.  There's people like me who see a 20k perfect boar as a bargain.  On Console things are a little cheaper obviously but still.  If theres people who will pay you more why not sell to them.  And if you think theyre gullible then why does that matter.  You get 20k p and you're both happy.

57 minutes ago, LoneWolveYoutube said:

1. cool ty.  I'm not trying to force people to believe what I believe.  I'm just giving my opinions why rivens exceed 5k+ platinum value.

But, like be honest.  If you had a perfect boar, and since there are people who will easily pay in excess of 20k+ (on pc at least), why would you not post it for 20k and wait for one of them.  There's people like me who see a 20k perfect boar as a bargain.  On Console things are a little cheaper obviously but still.  If theres people who will pay you more why not sell to them.  And if you think theyre gullible then why does that matter.  You get 20k p and you're both happy.

LOL no. I don't really care for rivens. And I've given away a lot more stuff to randoms than I've sold. Like so many others have said a couple hundred is already far more than I would ever consider fair. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

LOL no. I don't really care for rivens. And I've given away a lot more stuff to randoms than I've sold. Like so many others have said a couple hundred is already far more than I would ever consider fair. 

I'm telling you the answer is to make Rivens only tradable once, juse like captured liches. This cuts out the resellers and makes Rivens only able to be sold by the original owner or purchased by the end user. The entire problem with rivens is the players buying them from players like you for a few hundred and reselling them for tens of thousands.

Cuase we bored vets have nothing to spend platinum on. So we gladly buy expensive riven here and there to have more fun with our favorite/desired weapon. If you cannot afford such prices then dont buy/bother, easy as that, let the "big bois" trade w/e they want. Yes some prices are ridiculous, so what, just put that user to ignore list if its so offending to you (special snowflake) and move on. Plat is pretty much nonfactor for me, everytime im around 2-5k plat i get this urge to buy some cool riven. I just open wf market when playing and passively gain platinum from my prime sets and stuff i farmed.

Also rivens are saving grace for many mediocre weapons.