Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

expanding existent skill systems (focus trees)

runescape1

Hi, 

Am I the only one who thinks that operators skill systems needs expanding?

we are playing with warframes, each have 4 abilities (not including warframes like equinox), and we have a focus tree that gives our operators some neat modifications that are mostly useless in my opinion.

Just saying, why not expand the current tree systems? why not give us more focus trees? wouldn't that be amazing? why not add skills to the operators, just like in railjack where you can equip abilities? like targeting an enemy to be bubbled in void energy for x amount of time while taking damage and getting disarmed.

how about give the operators maneuverability that reaches the lvl of warframes but in another way? like sticking to walls after void dashing to recharge the energy faster.

In my opinion, operators are used like secondary tools to knockout some enemies or to recharge the warframe energy. It is wasted potential that I actually start to have a headache the moment I start thinking about it.

If you are interested, maybe give some ideas you think might work. If you disagree, please let me know.

I don't work for DE, and idk if they'll actually read this, but god damn so much potential is wasted. This is how I thought I might help the game. 

I miss my old Unairu tree because the beam got to the point where it froze enemies, and did an insane amount of damage to them while they were frozen. The new beam doesn't compete and I only use it against a few sentient enemies that require it, or against the Kuva siphon. Maybe if we can put enough focus into the tree and get that kind of effect back then Operator might be worth using more, or make it so amps aren't the only way to improve operator damage. 

I can get behind this as long as it doesn't require a lor more focus. This would alienate fresh players even more.

But maybe having the same set of offensive, defensive and passive upgrades as a railjack could be interesting. Some focus to upgrade slots. 

The upgrades themselves could drop from proxima missions and to not make it a 20 min thing, upgradeable like the old mod system.

I got carried away...

Edited by Ver1dian

Personally I would like a Focus tree spec that has infinite cost and each level exponentially increases in cost. 

Expanding the Focus system would be awesome, but DE might not like that it's completed by a percentage of players within 10 seconds of logging in by simply dumping hundreds if not thousands of Eidolon Shards into their new tree nodes.