Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack should get fixed, sure...

LimHighgate

But after ORB VALLIS gets it's insane difficulty, impossible status unscrewed. 

Considering the game's mass appeal to the "grind it fast and ditch it" player type, maybe go back in and make OV and Thermia fractures and stuff POSSIBLE AT ALL for solo players. 

Make it as grindy as you want, but ffs do something because it's driving new players away. 

• Like 2

vor 19 Minuten schrieb LimHighgate:

"grind it fast and ditch it" player type

"ditch it" is also what happens to old content. There are so many examples of things that are just left rot. You might get a bandaid in the form of an alternative farming space - like thumpers on PoE - or a bug that accidently fixes a pita - like equipping all 4 dragon key for solo vault runs. But there is no real effort of streamlining and fixing. 

You are totally right but you should not expect DE fixing old stuff. They always go for the next content island with new resources + grind walls and they do not look back. What this game needs is a second developer fixing all the broken stuff and connecting all that has been disconnected over the years. I guess that will not happen.

That is why I always answer noob questions, gift them boosters or do some guides. My way of improving the new player experience for at least some tenno.

Edited by k05h
  • Like 3

Rather that re-tooling the entirety of Orb Vallis, there are a few things I might propose:

Puncture should have a passive 6% chance to instantly pop Null bubbles.
Nullifier unit drones should count as Headshots, and when killed, detonate remaining null field as dmg to surrounding corpus units depending %remaining.
Magnetic should steal a small portion of shields.
Electric procs should interrupt or stall the Jackal unit shield regen cycles.
Enemy damage/accuracy scaling should ramp from where it is around lvl 38-40, to being that way at lvl 60-70.
All open world carrier aircraft should be closer to lvl 18-20.. 15s pop Super easy, 20+ are somehow exponentially tankier than feels right.
Enemy level scale ramps out of control quickly. (Level 18-28 are fun, but they're gone in minutes at most while toroid farming)
Enemy spawns around Fishing and Animal Captures are often too close, and too frequent.
Scaling Toroid drop rates at higher levels would discourage just playing on easy mode (bounty 1).

Just like adjusting the temperate in a shower, sometimes the spot you want is a matter of micrometers.
We currently can't get that fine in our adjustment, and the landlord (DE) won't let us tweak the water heater.
(For me, comfortable it's just below bounty 2. Anything above that starts to determine more and more what kit you need to bring to not get got.)

I'd love to be able to use Open Worlds like a survival that doesn't end, and levels Way slower.
It would be Excellent to spend hours out there..
It's currently in a spot between, "Not enough," for the ladder climbers, and, "Too much," for the casual players.
It can get way harder by increasing bounty, but the comfy middle above bounty 1 exists for mere Seconds while aggro.

In the meantime, OP.. setting the bounty to easiest is the only comfortable way to enjoy the open worlds.
They're so fragile it's silly, but otherwise they get out of control.

Edited by kapn655321

Back in my days we theorycrafted how that bloody thing can be done solo, rather than whine on the forums that it should be nerfed, because we couldn't bother.

There are videos of people soloing Eidolons, what could it be that isn't soloable in this game?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Back in my days we theorycrafted

It's a matter of taste whether a player wants to main something off meta in a giant sandbox. Eidolons can be solo'd.. What if you have no interest in doing them whatsoever? That doesn't mean bringing an unmodded MK1 like a dingus, as there are plenty of weapons well suited for comfortable combat against the Grineer, that don't involve Eidolons. Some people treat the game like a puzzle to solve with the right answer, other folks are playing action figures with bros. The only way that both are not possible is when mechanics create chances for players to tell you what to do with your free time. What you see as whining, is others seeking that nuance in mechanics to permit both. I'll give up rewards all day to be able to enjoy the mechanics peacefully. Back in My day, I still enjoyed maining Hydroid way more than theory crafting, and still do. The more chances I get to do that, the more I appreciate the game.. and I don't in any way want to take away from those who do theory craft in order to do it. Specifically, I want them to get the best rewards for their legitimate efforts, without requiring I change playstyle to chill in a casual open world.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

DE intended it to be hard, because that's what people asked for. they wanted tougher enemies in open world, and that's what they got.

Bounty can be ramped up to a player's liking at any time, so that option is still very much in tact. I'd also suggest they add hackable consoles that allow you to Call for Corpus Backup! Allowing players to Really get crazy with the difficulty. The infrastructure is all there to appease both parties through optional preferences: Additional rewarding to those who seek difficulty, additional comfort for those who would rather graze and explore at a casual pace.

Edited by kapn655321

18 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

It's a matter of taste whether a player wants to main something off meta in a giant sandbox. Eidolons can be solo'd.. What if you have no interest in doing them whatsoever? That doesn't mean bringing an unmodded MK1 like a dingus, as there are plenty of weapons well suited for comfortable combat against the Grineer, that don't involve Eidolons. Some people treat the game like a puzzle to solve with the right answer, other folks are playing action figures with bros. The only way that both are not possible is when mechanics create chances for players to tell you what to do with your free time. What you see as whining, is others seeking that nuance in mechanics to permit both. I'll give up rewards all day to be able to enjoy the mechanics peacefully. Back in My day, I still enjoyed maining Hydroid way more than theory crafting, and still do. The more chances I get to do that, the more I appreciate the game.. and I don't in any way want to take away from those who do theory craft in order to do it. Specifically, I want them to get the best rewards for their legitimate efforts, without requiring I change playstyle to chill in a casual open world.

Eloquently put, but I don't think that doing OV requres as much "puzzle solving" as eidolons. This is another case of a player not being able to value his power level accordingly and instead of accepting the bitter reality and improving in either gear or skill, blames it on anything else.

Edited by Ver1dian

5 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

This is another case of a player not being able to value his power level accordingly and instead of accepting the bitter reality and improving in either gear or skill, blames it on anything else.

This is another case of a player not being able to value casual play accordingly, instead of accepting the bitter reality that not everyone enjoys the same level of min-max power fantasy, deeming it ignorance rather than preference.

Whatever compels you to pull rank on players for not liking what you like, is not a universal inherent experience. It's a you thing.. which is fine, so long as it's not getting in the way of others enjoying themselves. ...Speaking of which, Back in your day was 4 years after I started.. and it means nothing regardless.

People just like different things for different reasons. It's good that they made a niche for players like yourself, we're requesting some fine tuning to the niche for us that isn't quite there yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LimHighgate said:

But after ORB VALLIS gets it's insane difficulty, impossible status unscrewed. 

Considering the game's mass appeal to the "grind it fast and ditch it" player type, maybe go back in and make OV and Thermia fractures and stuff POSSIBLE AT ALL for solo players. 

Make it as grindy as you want, but ffs do something because it's driving new players away. 

Every part of this game can be soloed

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Every part of this game can be soloed

This is also reliant on player skill level, and comfort/accessibility of the options that make that possible.

You might have arbitration mods, prime weapons, rivens, arcanes, youtube tabs open with walkthrough..
Or you might be as most players will be, kinda scraping by with scrub tier loot, and not being terribly bothered by it if you're having fun.
Any game is easy with guides for the dominant strategy, but would you say that the sole intent of the game?

Ideal optimization can be done. There are hundreds of off meta options.. should we assume they exist purely to obfuscate the only true path?
Or are they there to accommodate players of all different play styles and interests?
Is there supposed to be no room for versatility and preference, simply because it can be done in a specific way?

If OP wants to play Ember the way they are happy with, in Low level Orb Vallis, that's a reasonable ask. That is fun to them, and they're trying to have fun in low level stuff.
So long as they're genuinely putting in effort, and trying to have fun, it will be absolutely deflating to learn, "Being yourself in this fantasy world, will never be good enough. Ever."

There is no point to having low bounty missions, if everyone is intended to select from only the ideal mods regardless.
If a player is happily trying to enjoy a low level open world, they're not exactly the kind of person who loves cutting their teeth in Arbitrations with cookie cutter metas..
They're the kind of person who wants to enjoy their action figures in a giant sandbox, and we'd have both the most EXCELLENT actions figures and sandboxes,
if the big kids would quit telling us we have to play by their rules or get out. Know what I mean?

There are 6 forma builds on weapons and frames that are relatively difficult to obtain, that don't solo everything.
We're allowed to main, so long as we don't expect to beat Everything... though we will expect to beat Some things.. especially the easier parts of the sandboxiest levels.

The game gave us lots of options based on comfort, and in some cases the game is Juuuuust Slightly off center, in a very fixable way.
It's totally ok to suggest how we'd fix it, especially when it Cannot negatively impact what competitive players enjoy.

5 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Back in my days we theorycrafted how that bloody thing can be done solo, rather than whine on the forums that it should be nerfed, because we couldn't bother.

There are videos of people soloing Eidolons, what could it be that isn't soloable in this game?

*Insert "Ok boomer" meme here

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

You might have arbitration mods, prime weapons, rivens, arcanes, youtube tabs open with walkthrough..
Or you might be as most players will be, kinda scraping by with scrub tier loot, and not being terribly bothered by it if you're having fun.
Any game is easy with guides for the dominant strategy, but would you say that the sole intent of the game?

*Hides braton and vauban prime with no arbitration mods, riven and arcanes under rug* 

Yeah, this game is unbearable with scrub tier loot

Maybe they could make Systems farming below Hand Rank not obnoxious?

Nah that would be stupid, let's add 5 more types of Systems to a new Orb Mother fight and give them each a 2% drop rate once per mission.

Also everything needs 100 Toroids, which ones you ask? ALL OF THEM.

...Can you tell I don't much care for the Vox Solaris standing/items grind? Not sure if that was clear or not.

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Maybe they could make Systems farming below Hand Rank not obnoxious?

Nah that would be stupid, let's add 5 more types of Systems to a new Orb Mother fight and give them each a 2% drop rate once per mission.

Also everything needs 100 Toroids, which ones you ask? ALL OF THEM.

...Can you tell I don't much care for the Vox Solaris standing/items grind? Not sure if that was clear or not.

Allow me to torture you by predicting MK 4 weapons dropped from higher than Veil level requiring some toroids

Don't worry, my prediction is only 75% accurate

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

This is another case of a player not being able to value casual play accordingly, instead of accepting the bitter reality that not everyone enjoys the same level of min-max power fantasy, deeming it ignorance rather than preference.

Whatever compels you to pull rank on players for not liking what you like, is not a universal inherent experience. It's a you thing.. which is fine, so long as it's not getting in the way of others enjoying themselves. ...Speaking of which, Back in your day was 4 years after I started.. and it means nothing regardless.

People just like different things for different reasons. It's good that they made a niche for players like yourself, we're requesting some fine tuning to the niche for us that isn't quite there yet.

Say it however you want, you want content nerfed, because you can't be bothered reach, as intended by design, some mid-level progression.

I don't pull rank, I just realize that it's not reasonable to expect to install a game and be able to complete all of the content immediately, as opposed to op.

You don't want to do it this way, ok, there's LFG,clans, pubs. Just as most games, some effort is required, be it to min-max or to form a group.

27 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Say it however you want

I will. 😃

I do not want you guys to lose your niche at all.

Your :clap:style:clap: is:clap:valid.:clap:

That niche isn't in rank 2 bounties on Orb Vallis.

Because if you mod for comfort there, you're gonna lose sometimes.. which is kinda silly.
Seeing as it's a vast open world that encourages you to casually explore.

Edited by kapn655321

52 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I will. 😃

I do not want you guys to lose your niche at all.

Your :clap:style:clap: is:clap:valid.:clap:

That niche isn't in rank 2 bounties on Orb Vallis.

Because if you mod for comfort there, you're gonna lose sometimes.. which is kinda silly.
Seeing as it's a vast open world that encourages you to casually explore.

I'm not getting what exactly is stopping you from casually exploring?

Or doing any of OV, which was promoted as being harder than PoE, mind you?